“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Chicago, IL
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Husband & I stayed 3 nights with a group on a business trip. Had studio with King bed. I wish I could transplant the bathroom to my house! The bed was wonderful, the bath amenities were excellent, the spa was heavenly. We had a couples massage and I'm mad that we did not book other treatments. This is a fantastic place to spend a romantic weekend with that special someone. I would definitely return, especially if someone else were paying!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad cottage on the property!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Adara room and loved it. The whole experience was nothing but a pleasure. The room was comfortable, very private, with a nice view of the hills , you step out to the patio and there is trees and little greenery ouside. I almost felt like i could have been naked at our patio and nobody will see me. Our room was behind the mineral pool, but tw the end of the property and we loved it. I was first thinking its too far from the restaurant and stuff, but it actually was the best location. Very quite and the walk was short but so nice. We loved the fireplace and a bathtub! Also a complimentary bottle of Champagne was wonderful! Complementary tea and great coffee in the room . We enjoyed it in the patio wearing supernice and warm bathrobes that they provide..
Everybody was pleasant and helpful. The mineral pool is kind of small, but it was fine with us. Everything is very clean and the locker rooms have everything you may possibly need. My only suggestion would be to use less of the essential oils in the steam rooms at the pools.My eyes were slightly tearing from too much of mint or eucalyptus oils they had used. I usually love steam rooms, but couldn't stay in theirs for more than a minute and not because of the heat..but that is nothing!
The grounds are well maintained and i loved lots of fireplaces in the property, since it gets chilly at night...Didn use the classes they offer, but i saw people enjoing them. Next time will try their yoga. This time it was right after our breakfast time, so could not do it, unfortunatelly. Wish the class was earlier, but they also have other classes for those who are interested.
The restaurant is great, of course! Its an experience on its own...Overall, Amazing time! Very romantic, but will be perfect for girls get together too. Cant wait to come back! Highly recommend to check their packages on the website, the one we got was a great deal and I'm going to be watching the site for more...

• Stayed February 2013
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

was recently at the Solage for an event we put together and not only is it a lovely resort, but the staff here are extremely nice, accommodating, and thoughtful! they were always there first thing in the morning with us and until the wee hours of the evening and ALWAYS asking us if we needed anything. i'm allergic to dairy and one of the staff even made me a hot chocolate by melting the chocolate himself with hot water! the bell staff were always available for help as well, and the front desk staff were friendly too!

i can't wait to come back here and stay for fun and actually get to enjoy wine country (and not have to work)! the spa and food here are AMAZING too- definitely check them out! i recommend their hashbrown for breakfast!

Room Tip: get a room with a bathtub! they have these fizzles that are amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for a spa-themed bachelorette weekend. We took advantage of all that the hotel had to offer -- spa/massages and restaurant included. You felt valued as a guest from the minute you arrived (hot chai tea handed to us as we got out of the car). Room was spacious and we enjoyed relaxing on our small outdoor space.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 3 nights there last summer.

Calistoga in simply breathtaking. The hotel property is superb. The available bikes is an original idea that allows you get to town easily rather than taking your car.

The pool is enormous. At sunset around the pool area, the view is worth a million dollars. Restaurant excellent also.

Only downside, it's not cheap. But definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

First, did not stay here. Went for couples massage with my honey as a special treat. We booked the romantic something something that includes bath and couples massage. Bath was fun but not what I expected, i.e. the jacuzzi tubs in both places we stayed in Sonoma and Napa were bigger and better. I don't know what I expected, but a regular bath with a bath bomb didn't match my expectations of "mineral bath." My massage therapist was excellent. Very deep tissue, amazing, relaxing after she figured out I am hard of hearing and whispering things in my ear would not work.

The thing that bothered me was the $25 resort fee we payed for being non guests. Well, not that so much as the TWO $25 resort fees as there were two of us. Hmm. We knew about the resort fee as it was in the confirmation materials we were sent. I just didn't know it would be TWO fees. This was not fully explained to us at booking. We had one treatment, one bath, one room... yes I am sure you can justify it any way you want, we used two separate locker rooms, could have used the pools and such (didn't), but come on.

As a comparison, our local luxury hotel spa does not have a "resort fee" tacked on to their services, and in fact often runs specials for non guests during slow times.

I know it is silly to worry about small amounts of money when you are dropping lots of money for a Napa vacation, but it just bothered me. The resort fee was irritating, but acceptable. The doubling of the fee really bothered me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard H, General Manager at Solage Calistoga, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for making us a part of your romantic getaway. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at Spa Solage. I was disappointed to learn we were unable to exceed your expectations. As you noted we do require a per person fee for day guests at the spa. However, there are often seasonal specials available that offer additional value. Visit our special offers page to see our current specials. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Richard Hill
Littleriver, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I love solage. We arrived early to enjoy the spa before our room would be ready... The front desk is very helpful and accommodating and makes everything so easy. I love the spa- the "back to life" was the most perfect start of my stay at solage- dry brush, mud, wrap, massage, so special and wonderful... I followed this with the steam room and cold plunge routine before I had to get ready for dinner... The room is simple luxury. The bed, pillows, sheets-all wonderful. The bath products-delightful! I love the restaurant (the food is such an experience- what a delight). I wish I could afford to do this monthly. I feel rejuvenated in every way... My body, mind, and spirit! I felt like a princess.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Bardessono
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#5 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 stars 1,048 reviews

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!