“Embrace the mud dude!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 60 Activities in Calistoga
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Embrace the mud dude!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Yes, men need to do the mud. I was a skeptic today but my wife talked me into a mud bath and massage. Massage? Yes! Mud? What? Anyway, it was awesome. The staff was great... The mid bath was like soft, warm concrete poured over your body. Once fully covered it feels like you're suspended in air. Them it heats up! Don't worry... The attendant puts a cold compress on your forehead to keep you cool. 15 min later you plunge into a warm mineral bath. And then into a hot steam room. Finally, you get wrapped up in a cool room and nap time. After my 80 min massage and I'm ready to go. I feel great! Look great! Ready to roll. Highly recommend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Benicia, California
14 attraction reviews
“Great Resort and Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Up-valley Calstoga rocks - many spas around the geysers, but this one (est.1920) blends old/new ginchy chi chi with cute cottages to rent, spa services including mud soak, wraps, scrubs, massage, facials, the gamut - huge, hot mineral pool, adult floating pool, lovely meditation pond, gratitude trees with handwritten messages by guests tied to branches ~ Iced glass urns filled with citrus/cucumber chilled spring water everywhere, Royal Palm grove provides picnic spot with lovely tables and hammocks hanging everywhere (Perfect for those 'Oakville Grocery' delicacies packed in a picnic basket). Add tennis courts, croquet, huge stand- up checkers and chess boards, bocce ball, and it's all pretty great :) Town itself is small, many stores reflective of the wine and ranching influence of the valley - some killer restaurants abound

Visited August 2012
Amsterdam
“Excellent massage andwonderful pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good friends from San Francisco gave us the tip to go here after our wine tasting. What a marvellous place! The buildings in art deco style have a peaceful atmosphere, the Swedish massage was excellent (I have enjoyed many massage in my life), the thermal pool was great. Even though I think not quite as large as Olympic (shouldnt that be 50 meters?), but very large indeed. Only maybe the service could be a little bit more attentive for he prices......

Visited August 2012
Oakland, California
“What has happened???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We used to come with our family to stay and enjoy Indian Springs for many years. Since they raised their prices beyond what we can afford we use their spa facilities for special treats.So..

I made reservations for 2 guests from France and myself many weeks ahead of the date I wanted.My friends were in the Bay Area for a very short time and I wanted to treat them to a relaxing afternoon at the Spa.I was very very explicit about what treatment each of us were to receive and the sequence of the treatments. I called a week ahead to confirm and go over everything.I called an hour before we arrived to reconfirm. Unbelievably,despite all my planning they had managed to change 3 mudbaths followed by 2 massages to 1 mudbath while 2 were having massages.As a result of their mistake and reshuffling of our times we didn't get to float in the pool because they close it at 6pm to people who are not overnight guests.In addition the pool gal was quite rude about it.So you may say "whats the beef?big deal you didn't get to swim" I think that when you carefully make reservations well in advance and pay over $465.00 for spa treatments you should be able to utilize all the amenities that are offered at will.I didn't mess up the reservations.They could barely have cared less.
Soo.. what has happened here? There wasn't one familiar face from the unfriendly front desk employees to the kindly women working the baths.Too much turn over? unhappy employees?I don't know the answer. All I know is they made our experience tense and rushed. Not how I want to feel at a spa.

Visited June 2012
Brian R, General Manager at Indian Springs Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Kathryn P.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our resort. We strive to exceed our guest expectations on every visit and we take customer feedback very seriously. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss the booking fiasco you describe with you personally. Our telephone number is 707-942-9035 ext. 33.

Thank you for your time.
Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Treated myself to the "full treatment", from mud bath to massage! (one of the best massages of my life, thanks Marco Gonzales). My only mistake was not going into the thermal pool. I was tryng to get too much done in one day!

Visited May 2012