“A relaxing oasis in Calistoga” 5 of 5 stars

EuroSpa & Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1202 Pine St., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
California
“A relaxing oasis in Calistoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had the opportunity to spend the night in Calistoga and chose Eurospa. I can't compliment the owners or experience enough. Even during the busy season in Calistoga we were treated to a wonderful, quiet, relaxing overnight at Eurospa. Our room was small but comfy and cozy with a nice spa tub for two, gas fireplace, small micro and frig. The back of the property has the pool and hot tub which we had to ourselves even though the Inn was completely filled with guests. It was fun to take a walk in to town and look at all the shops and restaurants, neighborhood gardens. Breakfast in the morning was such a surprise. Egg, sausage paninis, fresh fruit with berries, fresh baked pastries and bread. Alas, I am a vegan but enjoyed the whole grain bread and cereals and fruit. The owner/managers have every reason to be proud of Eurospa. Lovely.

Room Tip: Hm, I wanted our room 8 which is at the end of a row of cottages but we stayed in room 10 next to th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Recently I stayed at the EuroSpa and Inn for the second time. I was on a girls weekend with my daughter and granddaughter. We had such a lovely time there. It is not super luxurious but very relaxing,clean, quiet, comfortable and conveniently located. They provided nice organic body products as well. All the staff we encountered were super helpful and really friendly. The breakfast and late afternoon tea is served al fresco on a lovely covered patio with a fireplace. Many of the foods served are homemade and delicious. We all had facials at the spa and even my 10 yr old granddaughter was treated very well. The staff is so sweet and accomodating. I would definitely go back again. Check it out!

Room Tip: They have a suite with two bedrooms. One with a king and one with a queen. Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alamo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My three friends and I took a "girls' trip" to Calistoga for wine tasting, shopping, fun and relaxation. We stayed at the EuroSpa and Inn as it offered a room large enough for all of us to share. The hotel and room were nice enough, but we all felt a little disappointed that we were staying at what seemed to be an updated 1960's motor inn.
There are only a little over a dozen rooms on the single story property. Our room was large enough for all four of us, but it didn't provide any relaxing sitting area aside from a small dining table and chairs. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were awful and should be replaced. Our room was very clean, and the decor and fixtures were updated.
As it is a motor inn, there is no lobby. When I woke up earlier than my friends, there really wasn't any place to go aside from outside where it was cold. There is a covered porch area with a fireplace (that isn't lit until about 7:00 a.m.) where they serve breakfast and evening treats (non-alcoholic). The breakfast was fruit, yogurt, breads, pastries and a freshly baked egg dish that was delicious our first day and not-so-good on the second day. On our first night, after a day of shopping and wine tasting, we were delighted to arrive at the porch and find wonderful barbeque ribs. They went perfectly with our cheese and crackers, and we actually made this our dinner.
The EuroSpa and Inn are a block away from the main street in Calistoga, which is very convenient. The owners/managers are very nice, but again, as this is a motor inn, there isn't a staff conveniently available 24 hours a day.
Travelers knowing that the EuroSpa and Inn is a nice, clean motor inn will be happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
OCCA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed February 13th and 14th. The people managing the Inn are very nice. The breakfast they provide daily is yummy and a bit fancier than your average "continental" provided by some hotels. Rooms were nice and well kept. I would highly recommend for a couple looking for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My fiance and I loved this place. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast and afternoon snacks were both freshly made and delicious. We also got a massage while we were there and enjoyed the massage very much as well. The bed was very comfortable and the inn was very near close to the main strip of restaurants in Calistoga. It was only a short walk to dinner.

Most people just walk around in there robes while staying here. Some people may not like this, but it was very relaxing for us during our stay.

Staying at this Inn was one of the highlights of our vacation and I would highly reccomend staying here over many of the much more expensive spa/hotels in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On the whole I liked this place -- it was good value for Calistoga. The room was small but clean and nicely decorated. I didn't sleep well at all, but I like a big bed, and our bed was a double so I tossed and turned all night. The breakfast was great however -- only drawback was that it was a very cold morning with ice on the car so we couldn't eat in the outdoor area where breakfast was served because it was just too cold, even with the heater going. Food was very tasty however and there was a nice selection. Also we took advantage of the spa and got a mud wrap which was great. I felt fantastic afterwards, all the aches and pains of road travel had disappeared.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have traveled all over the world, and done a good deal of traveling in California wine country and this is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. It's awful. The people are horrendous, the motel itself is just OK, like any roadside cheap motel, but the spa is a disaster. Not clean, smelled bad, over-priced, and the massage therapists are not licensed as far as I could tell. I think they are students from a local massage school. The worst massage and waste of money ever! Stay away from this dump, You would do better by staying at a Motel 6 and booking spa treatments at a real Spa! Total Rip Off! Stay Away!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cclazmo, Manager at EuroSpa & Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. As you can see from many reviews, we take great pride in ensuring our guests have truly enjoyable experiences.

Frankly, we are aware of only one recent guest that took major exception with the spa regarding a missed appointment and subsequent no-show charge. While not even the offer of a make-up treatment at a later time was enough to placate this particular guest, we always do everything possible to resolve any problem guests may have experienced. I would urge you to reach out and let me know what issues you encountered so that I may try to address them.

We take guest feedback very seriously and look forward at the chance to address any issue you may have had during your visit. Nonetheless, we are truly sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Bill Clazmer
Hotel Manager

Been to EuroSpa & Inn? Share your experiences!