“disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

707-942-4495
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a few steps from the historic Napa Valley Wine Country town of Calistoga, elegantly seated in a terraced garden hillside, you will find tiny and tranquil Lavender Hill Spa.Serene, Unique, Charming and Intimate. A harmonious blend of Napa Valley Wine Country beauty with exotic Asian influenced statuary and art create the perfect setting for high quality Calistoga spa treatments.Escape from the pressures of everyday life and experience Lavender Hill Spa, the alternative to the famous Calistoga Mud Bath and receive a massage from some of Calistoga’s best massage therapists.A short scenic drive from the Sonoma County Wine Country, Lavender Hill Spa offers spa treatments for couples, singles and friends in a private sanctuary of warmth, beauty and healing.
california
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having had a wonderful body scrub on a ship recently, I was delighted to see that Lavender Hill offered a similar service. it was relatively pricey (more so than the ship service), but advertised as an hour treatment, so I figured what the heck. it's a pleasant setting, and starts with a leisurely warm coconut bath; and there is a selection of scrubs from which to choose, any of which, properly applied, would have been delightful. But the young lady providing the scrub, while very sweet, didn't have a clue. She was obviously not trained, and apparently not very interested; somehow the "scrub" got lost in the execution. The scrub itself lasted--maybe--20 minutes....then back into the tub for the duration. It was a nice bath tub...but I can take a bath at home. Definitely not worht a repeat visit.

Visited February 2013

Midpines
5 attraction reviews
“relaxed and happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been going to Calistoga for years and have been by Lavender hill many times and just never bothered to check it out. That is too bad because they have a wonderful little spa. We did side by side tub soaks and massages followed by some foot reflexology for me and and a facial for my wife. By far my favorite spa experience up in Calistoga and we have been to many of them over the years. Just a wonderful relaxed feel from everyone involved that was not faked. We had all the treatments in one cottage. Going back for sure.

Visited September 2012
San Leandro, California
10 attraction reviews
“Would go back again in a quick minute.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had the special which include a "volcanic ash bath", 1 hour massage, 30 minute foot reflexology, and a 30 minute facial with a buy one get one half off. The only thing I didn't like was that it had to end.
It's a little different than some spas as you have your bath in one cottage and then go to the main cottage for your spa treatments. You can take a shower after your treatment but you can't use a hair dryer so account for that as we had to rush to our hotel to dry our hair. We loved everything else and as I said, I'd go back in a quick minute. Went for a girls day but it would be fantastic for a couple!!!

Visited November 2012
Austin TX
11 attraction reviews
“Love that Lavender!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

girlfriends weekend, the two of us booked multiple spa experiences one of which was Lavender Hill. We had an evening massage, reiki to be exact. The place is adorable, the front desk was very sweet and our massages were spectacular! We dragged out of there like happy campers I would recommend it to check out for sure.

Visited October 2012
lockport, ny
28 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing, quaint spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My sister and I scheduled a volcanic ash/aromatherapy bath and massages. We both really enjoyed the bath & cool down. It was super relaxing and a fun thing to do as sisters. We had different experiences with our massages though. I really enjoyed mine and was super relaxed, my sister did not enjoy hers. Make sure you ask questions about your masseuse - sometimes it is just preference.

Visited October 2012