“We're so glad we found Carlin Cottages!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlin Country Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Carlin Country Cottages
You added Carlin Country Cottages to your Saves list
1623 Lake St., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Menlo Park, California
“We're so glad we found Carlin Cottages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and thought it was perfect! Everyone was really nice. It's a small place I think they only have about 17 units) and not very glitzy, but that is what we liked. Rooms were very spacious and the grounds very clean. Location was perfect (just a few blocks to downtown). WE definitely will return!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Fran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of May in one of the jacuzzi rooms. Very quiet as it's off the main drag, but still within a short walking distance to the downtown area. Yes, it is across the road from a high school, but I did not hear any noise at all and school was not quite out yet. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi area is nice. The pool is warm enough to use on fairly cold days, it's a very comfortable temperature so you can stay in for quite a long time, and the hot tub is not too hot. The staff is very unobtrusive. I didn't even run into any of the housekeeping staff. If you wanted to, you could have a perfectly fine vacation without having to leave the cottage grounds. It's not super-deluxe, but the grounds and rooms are very well-kept, there's plenty of patio furniture and nice places to sit, a bbq area, empty mini-fridge and microwave in the rooms, super quiet, comfy beds, private jacuzzi... Only problem I found is that the heating/air conditioning unit is loud, you might need earplugs to sleep if you have it on. Excellent customer service and a overall a great value, especially if you can go in the middle of the week.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed at Carlin Cottages in October for just one night, while visiting Calistoga. The room (jacuzzi room) was large and clean. The customer service was great, we were provided glasses and bottle opener when we requested them and when we mistakenly left a jacket in the room on departure, the owners returned it by post to the UK. We are verygrateful for the time and effort they spent in arranging this. Unfortunately, the jacuzzi didn't drain properly but this was apparently due to the natural salts in the mineral waters and the owners said they would look at it before the next guests arrived. The outside pools were a good temperature (the hot tub was hot; too hot to stay in for a longtime, but we liked that). I would recommend as a value establishment in a lovely area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were in Calistoga for a wedding. Stayed at this place because it was on the bridal web site. Found it to be a nice, quaint place. We rented a 2 room suite that slept 6. Only one bedroom other sleeping was in the living room but great for a family. Room had a kitchen and we found that they provided us fruit which was a nice surprise. The rate for this area was very reasonable. And my most important feature it was very clean!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was looking for a hotel that offered a "suite" as I was traveling with my 4 year old son and 9 month old daughter. I booked a 1 bedroom suite at the Carlin Cottages hoping that it would be a good fit...and it was! The hotel room felt more like a 1 bedroom apartment. It had a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. The bedroom was far enough from the living room that when I put my daughter to bed early, the noise from living room did not disrupt her sleep. The parking couldn't have been better...parked my car within feet of the front door, so loading and unloading was a breeze. The neighborhood was extremely quiet. My ONLY complaint is that it was a 103 degree day. The only a/c in the room was a window unit in the living room. It did not reach the bedroom, so the room was about 90 degrees. I had to sleep with windows open and fans blowing on the kids. Other than that, it was perfect and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Susan_ikt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

The other couple we traveled with arranged our stay at the Carlin Country Cottages. I had expected to be disappointed based on some of the reviews and even their lackluster website. However, I was pleasantly surprised! Granted, it is not a Marriott or an intimate B&B that immerses you in the Napa wine country feeling - it is more like a hotel. This property is located in a quiet residential area - across from the local high school - and our bathroom window looked out to a neighbor’s backyard. But, it is a very clean, spacious, well maintained, and comfortable: perfect for our wine country biking trip. The young women who was “inn-sitting” was extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful. The pool and spa were very clean and the perfect temperature. Our room was very warm at check-in, but we cranked up the air and all was perfect once we returned from exploring the area. The hotel has several nice patio areas set up around the rooms with tables and chairs, and I even noticed a BBQ in the back area. Calistoga is such a wonderful wine country town, and this hotel offers you the option of exploring the wineries and enjoying a casual dinner on the patio with an awesome bottle of wine, or the fun of the short walk into downtown with it’s choice of splendid restaurants and wine bars. I would probably not recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway, but it would definitely be on the top of my list for a girl’s weekend getaway or as a great place to stay when you have a full agenda – golf, biking, visiting friends in the area, etc.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
santa cruz ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We recently stayed at the Carlin Country Cottages in Calistoga, Ca. There are no cottages there. It is a no frills motel with mineral pools. The pools were fine but the motel is very bare and over priced. The one bedroom suite had no air conditioning in the bedroom (the weather was in the high 90's). The front room was tiny and unattractive. The room with the in- room spa was very bare with a TV that didn't work well. The rooms face onto asphalt then the pool. The cars are parked around this area so the feel is crowded and hot. There is very little greenery or shade.It is a very basic yet over priced motel. The location is about 5 or 6 blocks to the main street. It is across the street from the High School. It didn't feel like a country cottage. We were disappointed after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Carlin Country Cottages? Share your experiences!