“Great Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The resort is beautiful, and the people are very accommodating. The grounds were great and so close to wineries. We also had the chance to enjoy the spa, definitely recommend going at least once! The Lakehouse was a beautiful restaurant for both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear K T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our grounds, the proximity to wineries and the cuisine and will share your praises with my team. I hope to welcome you back to Calistoga Ranch again soon!

Coni Thornburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had our wedding at Calistoga Ranch in August 2014 and it was an incredible experience. We fell in love with Calistoga Ranch during our site visit and we can't imagine a better place to get married.

Laura Vaughan, who manages weddings at Calistoga Ranch, was wonderful to work with during the wedding planning process. She worked closely with our wedding planner (Meren Dehaze from A Savvy Event) and both of them handled many of the logistics behind the scenes. We even threw them a curve ball by switching the ceremony site at Calistoga Ranch a few weeks before the wedding and they made it happen!

On our wedding day, Laura made sure that everything went smoothly. She checked in with us multiple times during the day and personally drove me around the resort on the golf cart so I have no idea how she was able to coordinate everything! We had our ceremony and dinner on the lawn and our cocktail hour and reception in the wine cave. This required lots of organization but everything went smoothly and we were able to have the best of both worlds - an al fresco dinner and a true wine country reception!

Our guest have told us repeatedly how amazing the food was. We discussed several different options with the chef during our menu tasting and asked him to create dishes that he thought would work best with the freshest ingredients possible. He did a wonderful job!

One thing that may be a positive or negative is that there is very limited cell phone reception at the resort. This was not a problem for us since Meren and Laura handled many of the logistics but may be something to consider.

The day after our wedding, my husband treated me to a massage and mud bath at the spa and it was amazing. I would strongly recommend both!

We and several of our guests stayed at Calistoga Ranch and everyone commented on how beautiful the lodges were. The beds were so comfortable and the outdoor showers were fantastic.

All of the staff at Calistoga Ranch were amazing - we thank everyone for making our wedding day unforgettable. We can't wait to return for our anniversary!

Dear Jina S,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for choosing Calistoga Ranch for your special day! I am thrilled to hear how smoothly your event went, and will be sure to pass along your praises to Laura and our entire Events Team. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at Calistoga Ranch and it was an amazing stay. The resort is beautiful, nestled in the countryside and the trees. The rooms are beautiful, large and well designed, and very private. The whole resort is rustic in style but very high end. Service is attentive and friendly, people go out of their way to help. The restaurant is excellent too. The swimming pool area is fabulous, beautiful and large, the whole area is so peaceful, it is an extraordinary place that is difficult to describe. Can't wait to go back! In itself is worth the trip from London.

Stayed August 2014
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Cec55,

Thank you so much for visiting us all the way from London! I am thrilled you enjoyed the privacy of The Ranch as well as the level of service provided to you during your stay here. Please visit us again soon!

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband & I just returned from celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary & stayed at this resort for 2 nights. What a gem! We couldn't believe we've never stayed here before. We typically stay in & around Yountville. This is by far the nicest resort we've ever stayed in the wine country. We did it all from spa service, hiking, swimming & wine tasting. We especially enjoyed the cool evenings in front of the outdoor fireplace drinking a glass of wine or two in our private deck. I love all the little touches they do at the resort down to ice cold bottled water & frozen grapes they leave in the car when you check out. We loved the two person tub & the outdoor shower. Great place to celebrate with that special someone.
We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The lake lodges are the best since they are the most secluded
Dear ToryBurch,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us, and thank you for choosing to stay at Calistoga Ranch for your 6th Wedding Anniversary! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy all that The Ranch has to offer and hope to welcome you back for many more Anniversaries to come!

Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The winecountry is expensive, so no comments about value for money but this place at least understands that you need to deliver if you charge top dollar.
Pro's:
- Great service from friendly, real, people.
- Nice blend between luxury and outdoors feel.
- Seperate living and bedroom works remarkebly well.
- Fantastic outdoor shower.
- Good quality bedlinnen
Con's:
- Bedroom cabin relatively small.
- Too soft bed for our taste
- Slow breakfast service.

Our kids slept on the pull out sofa in the living room which did not have curtains. We made a remark about that and the next day curtains were installed. Seems like they had this complaint before and keep some curtains and a rod on hand. Good to know if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Berend V,

Thank you for being our guest at Calistoga Ranch and for the wonderful comments and suggestions. I am thrilled your family enjoyed The Ranch and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was difficult for me to write this review because I couldn't quite find the words - I mean, there are only so many ways you can call something incredible or perfect or mind-blowingly amazing - the Calistoga Ranch experience being all of these things. From check in to check out, every person I met at the resort delivered five star service that was genuine, attentive, and unobtrusive.

After being offered a glass of wine while checking in, I was shuttled via golf cart to my room, which was actually a private two-room cabin style lodging that is the very definition of glamping - casual but elegant, and tucked away into the quiet solitude of nature. My room had an L-shaped deck with a private hot tub to the left, and an outdoor living area to the right, complete with indoor/outdoor fireplace and dining area if you prefer eating outside. Walking into the double doors on the left took me into the bedroom and bathroom where I discovered the first surprise - an outdoor rainfall shower! That's in addition to the indoor shower, by the way. So yes, you can expect next level luxury here, even in the great outdoors. The other half of the cabin was a living room area where I found a plate of snacks and bottle of house chardonnay waiting for me (so thoughtful!)

If you can tear yourself away from the comforts of your room, there is plenty to be enjoyed on property: bocce courts, hiking trails, winemaking classes, art classes, outdoor yoga, and locavore food tours. And come on, it's Napa, so hopefully you're drinking wine all day every day! The Lakehouse restaurant, located next to Lake Lommel, is a great place to grab dinner in the evenings and is exclusive to guests of Calistoga Ranch. I've heard that the resort also provides loaner bikes and Benzs' (!!!) for its guests but didn't have the chance to try them because I was too busy enjoying the room.

I loved my stay here and would go back in a heartbeat. A big thank you to the GM and staff for making it such a beautiful and memorable experience!

Dear julie u,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Calistoga Ranch with us! I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer, especially the genuine hospitality our team is so wonderful at providing.

We look forward to the time when we welcome you back to the resort!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a last minute trip to northern CA, so I checked into Calistoga Ranch for the weekend. Everything was perfect, from the incredible hospitality upon arrival, including a sample of their wine, to the quick tour of the property. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and sitting in the outdoor living room with hot tub makes you want to cancel everything else planned for the visit.
I did have a late dinner at the lake house, and the service and food were perfect. On another note, their pool is one of the most relaxing places I have experienced. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Colovin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Calistoga Ranch with us. I am thrilled you liked your lodge and hot tub, the restaurant, our beautiful pool, and especially the hospitality our team provided to you. We look forward to welcoming you back time and again!

Coni Thornburg

Been to Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!