“Beautiful, Peaceful & Romantic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
San Mateo, California
“Beautiful, Peaceful & Romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband & I just returned from celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary & stayed at this resort for 2 nights. What a gem! We couldn't believe we've never stayed here before. We typically stay in & around Yountville. This is by far the nicest resort we've ever stayed in the wine country. We did it all from spa service, hiking, swimming & wine tasting. We especially enjoyed the cool evenings in front of the outdoor fireplace drinking a glass of wine or two in our private deck. I love all the little touches they do at the resort down to ice cold bottled water & frozen grapes they leave in the car when you check out. We loved the two person tub & the outdoor shower. Great place to celebrate with that special someone.
We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The lake lodges are the best since they are the most secluded
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear ToryBurch,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us, and thank you for choosing to stay at Calistoga Ranch for your 6th Wedding Anniversary! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy all that The Ranch has to offer and hope to welcome you back for many more Anniversaries to come!

Coni Thornburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The winecountry is expensive, so no comments about value for money but this place at least understands that you need to deliver if you charge top dollar.
Pro's:
- Great service from friendly, real, people.
- Nice blend between luxury and outdoors feel.
- Seperate living and bedroom works remarkebly well.
- Fantastic outdoor shower.
- Good quality bedlinnen
Con's:
- Bedroom cabin relatively small.
- Too soft bed for our taste
- Slow breakfast service.

Our kids slept on the pull out sofa in the living room which did not have curtains. We made a remark about that and the next day curtains were installed. Seems like they had this complaint before and keep some curtains and a rod on hand. Good to know if you are travelling with kids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Berend V,

Thank you for being our guest at Calistoga Ranch and for the wonderful comments and suggestions. I am thrilled your family enjoyed The Ranch and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was difficult for me to write this review because I couldn't quite find the words - I mean, there are only so many ways you can call something incredible or perfect or mind-blowingly amazing - the Calistoga Ranch experience being all of these things. From check in to check out, every person I met at the resort delivered five star service that was genuine, attentive, and unobtrusive.

After being offered a glass of wine while checking in, I was shuttled via golf cart to my room, which was actually a private two-room cabin style lodging that is the very definition of glamping - casual but elegant, and tucked away into the quiet solitude of nature. My room had an L-shaped deck with a private hot tub to the left, and an outdoor living area to the right, complete with indoor/outdoor fireplace and dining area if you prefer eating outside. Walking into the double doors on the left took me into the bedroom and bathroom where I discovered the first surprise - an outdoor rainfall shower! That's in addition to the indoor shower, by the way. So yes, you can expect next level luxury here, even in the great outdoors. The other half of the cabin was a living room area where I found a plate of snacks and bottle of house chardonnay waiting for me (so thoughtful!)

If you can tear yourself away from the comforts of your room, there is plenty to be enjoyed on property: bocce courts, hiking trails, winemaking classes, art classes, outdoor yoga, and locavore food tours. And come on, it's Napa, so hopefully you're drinking wine all day every day! The Lakehouse restaurant, located next to Lake Lommel, is a great place to grab dinner in the evenings and is exclusive to guests of Calistoga Ranch. I've heard that the resort also provides loaner bikes and Benzs' (!!!) for its guests but didn't have the chance to try them because I was too busy enjoying the room.

I loved my stay here and would go back in a heartbeat. A big thank you to the GM and staff for making it such a beautiful and memorable experience!

Dear julie u,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Calistoga Ranch with us! I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer, especially the genuine hospitality our team is so wonderful at providing.

We look forward to the time when we welcome you back to the resort!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a last minute trip to northern CA, so I checked into Calistoga Ranch for the weekend. Everything was perfect, from the incredible hospitality upon arrival, including a sample of their wine, to the quick tour of the property. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and sitting in the outdoor living room with hot tub makes you want to cancel everything else planned for the visit.
I did have a late dinner at the lake house, and the service and food were perfect. On another note, their pool is one of the most relaxing places I have experienced. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Colovin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Calistoga Ranch with us. I am thrilled you liked your lodge and hot tub, the restaurant, our beautiful pool, and especially the hospitality our team provided to you. We look forward to welcoming you back time and again!

Calistoga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Very cozy lodge in a wonderful bush.
Everything was well maintained and clean.
The outdoor veranda and shower were very nice.
Negative aspect: too much waiting for breakfast food and overall price beyond expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear David M,

Thank you for being our guest at Calistoga Ranch. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the coziness of your lodge and your outdoor shower, and I do apologize the wait time at our restaurant fell short of your expectations.

I am very thankful for your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an amazing, relaxing stay 10 years ago, and returned recently for our 20th anniversay. Calistoga Ranch did not disappoint! The setting, our room, the staff, the service...all exceeded our expectations:

* We had a 1 BR suite with Calistoga's "unique" detached bedroom/living room setup. While quirky, it worked great for us. The room is appointed with first-class furnishings, the bathroom is great, and the outdoor shower was the highlight! The rooms are very private, and we love the outdoor vibe and the spread-out nature of the resort.

* A couple of emails to Gloria and we had an exceptional itinerary setup for dinners and winery visits. Gloria takes care to select special places for each, and was happy to adjust to fit our needs. We couldn't have enjoyed this lineup more.

* We were going to skip dinner at the Lakehouse this time, but changed our minds at the last minute and were glad we did. The food and service were outstanding, and Steve (the bartender) kept us entertained (and well lubricated) again this time. It was perfect to walk home after a fine evening of eating and drinking.

* We spent a couple of days hanging out at the pool. It's a small pool by resort standards, but the setting is beautiful and the pool service very attentive.

* We even enjoyed tooling around in 2 convertible Mercedes, compliments of the loaner program at the Ranch!

Two great visits down...we're hoping to get back for our 21st! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: The standard room is very small but very luxurious. We got a free upgrade, but I would be very happy...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Todd C,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend your special milestones at Calistoga Ranch. I am thrilled you are such fans of The Ranch, and glad you were able to enjoy the hospitality that both Gloria and Steve provide so well. Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we hope to welcome you back year after year!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This 5 star resort was an incredible experience.
Service and seclusion are the words…Getting away from it all is definitely found here. From the moment we drove up the driveway a property rep courteously guided our “landing” and greeted us. David greeted us, opened the doors and stayed with us through check in until we were in our “room”. The unit we had was actually two seperate rooms with an outside living area that incorporates a perfect sitting area and hot tub outside and fireplace. If you want to get out and about you can drive one of the modern Mercedes Benz vehicles they have waiting for you to explore the Wine Country! Free of charge.

We were delayed in our arrival so Heath checked us in and we were in a rush to get to the Spa. He accommodated us and made sure we had a quick check in. All the while providing a glass of delicious Chardonnay. Ahhh, to be in the wine country…. He even took a moment to introduce the front desk staff to make sure we knew that they were ready to accommodate us with any request. My wife and I are massage regulars 2-3 times a month with therapists near our home. And travel throughout the west coast to Spa’s. Camelback Marriott in Scottsdale is one of our favorites. After our massage experience in the Spa at Calistoga Ranch, my wife and I declared it was the most amazing massage ever and a couple that completed their massage at the same time declared the same words at the same time! And we all had different therapists! The Spa is a great escape!

The restaurant was quiet, unique and personable. Food was amazing!! The staff makes you feel like family. Family that waits on you..... Sitting on a deck overlooking a lake and into the Calistoga Valley is quite a soothing experience at the end of the day. Kyle helped us navigate the menu and the entire experience. He helped pair the wine because I'm not adept at that genre. Amazing choices he made on our behalf! It truly topped the end of the day for us. We continued another day at Solage Inn and Spa. http://www.solagecalistoga.com/spa/ the next day. Another Auberge Resort Property. That was not as private, but if you choose to stay the “ The Ranch” an extra day,.... you will not be disappointed! It definitely provides 5 Star service, seclusion and solace to your experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RVFDBC,
Thank you so much for the wonderful TripAdvisor Review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us, and glad you enjoyed our Front Desk Team, the room layout, the restaurant and especially the Auberge Spa. I will surely pass along your compliments to my team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Coni Thornburg

Been to Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!