“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
Colorado
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent 3 nights in October at this amazing resort in a great location. Definately high end with superior service. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage. All of the cottages are designed for privacy, rarely did I see the other guests. I enjoyed the split living and bedroom concept. Outdoor shower was a real treat. I would definately upgrade to room with hot tub if available. We did do the longer hike on resort property which ended with a beautiful view of the valley. We took advantage of the convertable Mercedes which was fun. Only complaint would be the restaurant on resort. Very exspensive with only marginal quality of food...Breafast in room was very good. Overall this resort was worth the money and we will return. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in this resort.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Ann K,
We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. We are excited that you were able to take advantage of the hiking experience and the Mercedes program, both providing a unique Napa Valley adventure. We are eager to hear more about your experience at our restaurant as your input is very valuable to us. Please do not hesitate to contact my office so that we may discuss it in more detail. It is our commitment that each and every element of the Ranch experience meet the expectations of all our guests. I look forward to speaking to you and welcoming you back very soon.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Experiencing the abundance and culinary delights of Napa Valley through the lens of our accommodations at Calistoga Ranch was truly remarkable in so many ways. Service at the Ranch is truly five star. The staff at the front office are exceptional and catered to our every need, aways with a cheerful demeanor. The design layout of the living spaces was brilliant with suites at either end and the common areas - outdoor and indoor living rooms, kitchen - situated beautifully in the center to service all in our party. As well, the positioning of the lodges themselves vis-a-vie our neighbors was extremely well thought out for maximum privacy.

Costly indeed, however a magical location for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear TopangaMalibu,
Thank you so much for your wonderful description of your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are so fortunate to be set in such a remarkable and unique part of the Napa Valley. It is a perfect retreat and all of our staff strive to provide a magical experience for each and every guests that visits us. We are so happy that you chose to stay with us and we will eagerly await your return.
Warm wishes,
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a sublime property! We stayed in a two bedroom lodge complete with outdoor living/dining room, indoor kitchen and dining room, indoor fireplace room and 4 bathrooms - lots of space, two beautiful master suites - deep tub, outdoor shower - all details very nicely appointed.
The food was healthy, creative and light. We ordered a dinner for 4 served in our lodge and the wait staff was excellent. Very beautiful surroundings, you know there are other people staying, but you never see or hear them unless you are at reception or the fitness center.
Great private hot tub, nice pool for all - go to the Lakehouse for any meals - fabulous setting with a nice view! Comfortable beds, pillows, fluffy towels - whatever you need, they have it!

Room Tip: Lodges and rooms are tucked away - you do need to walk a lot, but they offer golf cart service to ta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Daisy095,
Thank you so much for sharing all the wonderful details of your stay with us. We are delighted that your experience exceeded your expectations. We are also happy that your culinary adventure in your lodge was exactly what we envisioned for you. Thank you so much for choosing the Ranch for your getaway and we look forward to your return.
Warm wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

From the time we arrived to the moment we left Calistoga Ranch, it was absolute heaven. Our room was perfect and felt very private. Dinner at the Lake House was incredible and exceeded all expectations. If I were to do this trip again, I wouldn't even leave the property, although the on site Mercedes Benz offered on loan to drive around made our trips through town really fun. The staff there is so well managed and everyone is very respectful of the guests privacy, while also being in tune to their needs. The second I fumbled with my bag, there was someone there to help me. The architecture and layout of the rooms throughout the property really compliments that nature around it. I love this place and I can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed October 2012
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear KaylieandRichard,
We were so over the top to read your review of your experience while staying with us. Your privacy is so very important and it is essential for us to balance this with quietly anticipating your unexpressed wishes and needs. Our staff takes such pride in creating a unique, tranquil and extraordinary stay for each of our guests, we are thrilled to hear about yours. Thank you for taking the time to share your culinary adventure, it is always a memorable time at the Lakehouse. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I like to keep things simple...

The great:
Calistoga Ranch works extremely hard in the service area. I would like to say I've seen a lot of properties try to offer a Four Seasons type service (they are after all, the gold standard) and not pull it off. Well...other than the restaurant service, this group does.

As for the restaurant service (breakfast lunch area), it seemed understaffed and not in-sync like every other part of the property. Was thrown for a loop here several times, but our dinner service was quite excellent -- so I'm hoping this was just a fluke.

The cleaning staff, the little AuBerge touches on daily food/treats, etc was very, very nice. Even the Four Seasons could learn from AuBerge here.

The not-so-great:
The distance between the ranches and breakfast was mind boggling. Although they offer a lift everywhere, most Americans need an extra walk or two and so we agreed. It was just challenging in distance and had it rained, I would not known what to do.

Also, the SPA was down and they had some makeshift SPA that other than for massages, was not really what one was looking for. I can't wait to see their new SPA...I'm guessing this can turn into an A+ -- but unfortunately, the new SPA wasn't ready for our arrival.

Lastly, the food was very below average for $1500 per night. I was quite disappointed. We stayed at AuBerge's other resort - the Soleil, in the area, and it was significantly better. I'm not sure what was going on here...but it was a 4.5/10 for the price/value. 6/10 overall in food...

Conclusion:
I would come back for sure. May not be my first thought since we just went...but its worth a second try for sure. I always anticipate the good/bad with any property regardless of price. I think Calistoga can improve a lot...but I also think it offers a lot.

Great for a romantic weekend. Don't bring your kids. You'll be able to breathe and wind down just perfectly (Just don't eat there for all meals every day!).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Benjamin B.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share all the details of your stay with us. I am so thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and we value the incredible feedback that you shared with us in regards to your food and beverage and spa experience. I have reviewed the details of your experience with my leadership team and it would be great to speak to you in more detail, so please do not hesitate to contact my Assistant in the Executive Office. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon and we guarantee that our newly renovated Bathhouse Spa will both impress and inspire you. I look forward to speaking to you.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed a couple months ago. I was with a few friends we had 3 ranches, we could not have asked for a better setup to spend the weekend in Napa. We dined in the restaurant the bartender was really nice along with the great wine, food, and atmosphere.
My girlfriend and I went to the spa last minute decision, we both got facials the spa was one of the nicer spas that I have been to great products and staff.
Thank you Calistoga ranch for making our getaway weekend perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
nicoleA,
Thank you for sharing a few words about your stay with us. We agree, Steve, our bartender is so wonderful and is truly part of the personality of our Lakehouse and helps in making it a total experience. We are glad that you enjoyed luxurious treatments at the Bathhouse Spa and that your experience exceeded your expectations. We will be very excited to welcome you back very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just came back from a wonderful week at Calistoga Ranch. I was concerned about the possibility of construction noise after reading previous reviews. I contacted the hotel, and was assured that all would be well. It was just as lovely as when we stayed there last year. The property is peaceful and beautiful, I couldn't wait to get up in the morning and go turn on the fireplace, read the complimentary newspapers, and order our delicious room service breakfast. Nights in the hot tub, with a glass of wine, gazing at the fireplace and the bright stars above, were sublime. Helpful, outstanding staff as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
ScanJan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have taken considerable care to ensure that our enhancements to the top of our property is zoned out very carefully as not to effect our guests during their stay We are excited about the remarkable improvements we are making and that this is not effecting our guests in any way. The serenity of the Ranch remains blissful and continuing to provide a once in a lifetime experience is what we strive to do every day. I appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay and we hope to see you back again and again.
Coni Thornburg

Been to Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!