“Fabulous find in quaint wine-country town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Calistoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
1139 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Columbus, Indiana
“Fabulous find in quaint wine-country town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My daughter and I were blown away by the service and amenities at this B&B. From our arrival to our departure, we felt very attended to. Brent met us and carried our luggage up to our room ( at 1 am), met us at breakfast with fresh Costa Rican coffee each day, brought out Josh's delectable gourmet breakfast courses, shared insights on local attractions and set up appointments for us, greeted us upon our return with a beautiful plate of cheeses and meats to accompany local wines, as well as taking time to get to know us. He even packed a snack bag for us in case we decided to go hiking one morning! The room itself was immaculate with every amenity we could have needed. It is definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed and will return again on my next trip to wine country!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Keyport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Luxe is beautiful! My wife and I stayed there for part of our honeymoon a couple of weeks ago, and can't find enough nice things to say about this place, or its hosts. We were upgraded to the King Suite which is absolutely beautiful. The hosts were very nice and very accommodating. Chef Josh will make you the best breakfast you ever had! Oh and the complimentary wine and cheese plate every nice is a pretty sweet bonus too! Luxe is walking distance to downtown Calistoga's shops and restaurants and central to all of Calistoga's wineries. Truly a great place to stay.

We are looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We loved staying here, it was just what we were looking for when getting away for the weekend in Calistoga. We had gourmet breakfasts that you might have at a 5 star restaurant and loved the wine and cheese tasting in the evening. It was our anniversary and we were even surprised with some local Schramsburg sparkling wine (champage style). The B&B lives up to its name. The owners were great and were excellent hosts for the weekend. They even made us a snack bag for our hike. The room was beautiful, loved the original windows in the rooms, it gives the place a lot of character. The patio was where we enjoyed our breakfasts and wine and cheese, visiting with the other guests of the B&B was real nice. Everything in Calistoga is walking distance from the Luxe. We would love to come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

It's taken me a while to write this so apologises (we visited last August and spent our first wedding anniversary at Luxe Calistoga). Brent was the perfect host and extremely helpful and our room was just perfect. Josh's breakfasts were divine so we will definitely be back. You were made to feel at home so it's a cut above the other accommodation in the area. Reading the recent reviews, we're so sorry to see that Skip has passed away, we loved having him sit beside us during breakfast.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love staying at B&B's. I have stayed at many through my many years of traveling in the US and abroad. For our 25th wedding Anniversary, my husband and I chose to stay at the Luxe Calistoga during our Napa Valley vacation. There were so many hotels and B&B's to choose from but after reading the 5 star reviews about the Luxe, we knew it was the one we wanted to try.
We stayed for 3 nights and booked the King Suite. The Suite had a king bed and sitting area. The bathroom had a separate shower and whirlpool tub. The bed ( a little on the firm side for me but not my husband) had luxurious linens and pillows. I want to buy them, they were so comfortable! This B&B has only been open for two years. The owners, Brent and Chris, have transformed an old, dilapidated house into a beautiful, tastefully, decorated one. The front porch is especially inviting and is the center of all social activities during your stay. There is a wine and cheese reception every night. It is not mandatory to attend but most guests do join in the fun. It is an opportunity to meet people from all over the country and makes for an engaging social hour or two. This reception, along with the gourmet breakfasts that are served is what sets this B&B apart from others. The owners more than go out of their way to make you feel welcome. (A gift of Champagne was chilled in our room when we arrived. Thanks Brent!) Their attentiveness is extraordinary and sincere. Characteristics that are hard to find in the business world these days. My husband and I found it refreshing. Brent was present all three days while we were there. Even though he was going through a crises (Skip, his dog was put to rest) while we were there, he never slipped up on his duties, nor did he let on about his loss. (Our sincere condolences Brent!) Unfortunately, Chris was out of town during our stay. However, Josh, their chef picked up many of the daily duties with just as much energy and caring ness. It was a delight to chat with him about his love of food but even more fun eating the creative 3 course breakfasts that he puts together.
(Do not expect to stay on a diet while staying here, the food is too good!)
The Luxe is located just 1 block from the center of town. Highly rated restaurants like Jole and Solage are just up the street. Strolling through town is serene with the mountain view and cute shops to peek in. Hot Springs are located in some of the nearby resorts if you are into that.
We enjoyed staying away from some busy ness of some of the other Napa towns.
However, there is traffic that goes through Calistoga and the Luxe is located on a busy corner. The noise did not bother my husband and I but some people might be sensitive to it.
Our experience with the Luxe team, whom we will remember forever, the setting and beautifully restored house made our 25th Anniversary one we will always remember.
A return trip is surely in store!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, book the back rooms. King Suite is the largest bedroom, located on t...
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the curb appeal, to the beautifully appointed and pristine rooms, to the location...it was perfect. I never got to wine and cheese at 5 because I was always napping, but I always heard the laughter and heard it was amazing. We looked forward to the four course breakfast every morning with its french press coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly baked muffins. Josh's creations were nothing short of brilliant for the meal. But the best part are the innkeepers, Chris and Brent who are hardworking and two of the funniest guys you will ever meet. I was sad to leave and wanted them to adopt me as their younger sister. This is the place that I will compare all other places to. They are doing it right!!!!

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was totally impressed with the breakfast event (food & service) of any B&B ever. The host (Brent) was the friendliest ever also. The King Suite was like being i your own home with deluxe linens and furnishings. The comments about traffic noise for light sleepers is valid but the overall atmosphere is worth the minor imperfection.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxe Calistoga? Share your experiences!