“More than a B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Calistoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
Save Saved
You added Luxe Calistoga to your Saves list
1139 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“More than a B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love staying at B&B's. I have stayed at many through my many years of traveling in the US and abroad. For our 25th wedding Anniversary, my husband and I chose to stay at the Luxe Calistoga during our Napa Valley vacation. There were so many hotels and B&B's to choose from but after reading the 5 star reviews about the Luxe, we knew it was the one we wanted to try.
We stayed for 3 nights and booked the King Suite. The Suite had a king bed and sitting area. The bathroom had a separate shower and whirlpool tub. The bed ( a little on the firm side for me but not my husband) had luxurious linens and pillows. I want to buy them, they were so comfortable! This B&B has only been open for two years. The owners, Brent and Chris, have transformed an old, dilapidated house into a beautiful, tastefully, decorated one. The front porch is especially inviting and is the center of all social activities during your stay. There is a wine and cheese reception every night. It is not mandatory to attend but most guests do join in the fun. It is an opportunity to meet people from all over the country and makes for an engaging social hour or two. This reception, along with the gourmet breakfasts that are served is what sets this B&B apart from others. The owners more than go out of their way to make you feel welcome. (A gift of Champagne was chilled in our room when we arrived. Thanks Brent!) Their attentiveness is extraordinary and sincere. Characteristics that are hard to find in the business world these days. My husband and I found it refreshing. Brent was present all three days while we were there. Even though he was going through a crises (Skip, his dog was put to rest) while we were there, he never slipped up on his duties, nor did he let on about his loss. (Our sincere condolences Brent!) Unfortunately, Chris was out of town during our stay. However, Josh, their chef picked up many of the daily duties with just as much energy and caring ness. It was a delight to chat with him about his love of food but even more fun eating the creative 3 course breakfasts that he puts together.
(Do not expect to stay on a diet while staying here, the food is too good!)
The Luxe is located just 1 block from the center of town. Highly rated restaurants like Jole and Solage are just up the street. Strolling through town is serene with the mountain view and cute shops to peek in. Hot Springs are located in some of the nearby resorts if you are into that.
We enjoyed staying away from some busy ness of some of the other Napa towns.
However, there is traffic that goes through Calistoga and the Luxe is located on a busy corner. The noise did not bother my husband and I but some people might be sensitive to it.
Our experience with the Luxe team, whom we will remember forever, the setting and beautifully restored house made our 25th Anniversary one we will always remember.
A return trip is surely in store!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, book the back rooms. King Suite is the largest bedroom, located on t...

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the curb appeal, to the beautifully appointed and pristine rooms, to the location...it was perfect. I never got to wine and cheese at 5 because I was always napping, but I always heard the laughter and heard it was amazing. We looked forward to the four course breakfast every morning with its french press coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly baked muffins. Josh's creations were nothing short of brilliant for the meal. But the best part are the innkeepers, Chris and Brent who are hardworking and two of the funniest guys you will ever meet. I was sad to leave and wanted them to adopt me as their younger sister. This is the place that I will compare all other places to. They are doing it right!!!!

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was totally impressed with the breakfast event (food & service) of any B&B ever. The host (Brent) was the friendliest ever also. The King Suite was like being i your own home with deluxe linens and furnishings. The comments about traffic noise for light sleepers is valid but the overall atmosphere is worth the minor imperfection.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I absolutely love this place! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night during a trip to Napa and we felt so at home it was hard to leave. Not only are the accommodations perfect, the service is outstanding. We were the only couple staying at the B&B the night we were there, but we did not feel alone at all. Chris was so welcoming and during the wine and cheese hour he joined us and it felt like we were old friends chatting. We had Skip the golden retriever lounging at our feet and really great old romantic music playing on the outside speakers. It was perfect.

We stayed in the King Suite on the first floor and took a tour of the other rooms. All the rooms are very nice, but ours was definitely the best. It was spacious, and nicely decorated, and the bed was so comfortable.

Breakfast was mind blowingly awesome. Josh is such a talented chef, and Chris is a very talented baker (chocolate toffee scones, OMG!). Easily one of the best meals we had the entire trip. I love that it's served in courses, in perfect sized portions.

The B&B is on the main road to Calistoga within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants, so it is very conveniently located. I read some other reviews that complain about traffic noise, but it's only noticeable from the porch. Our room faced the road and we didn't notice it in there.

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this place. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the best B & B I have ever experienced. The owner Brent was very friendly and helpful from the moment of our first call to make reservations. He was so welcoming and cheerful when we arrived and throughout our stay. He helped make our entire experience so pleasant.

The property is beautiful with flowers all around. The rooms were very lovely and tasteful -- not cheap or overyly "cute" in the way some B&B rooms can be. The wide porch was delightful with lovely music playing and comfortable seating, Brent served wine and cheese for us there in the afternoon and breakfast there in the morning. It was great to sit there and relax, although it was a bit loud from time to time as cars would go by playing music.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing.They were truly 5 star restaurant quality, served with white linen, silver and multiple courses. This was not your average egg scramble in a chafing dish buffet. We were with a group of 4 couples and everyone was amazed at the quality, presentation and absolute wonderful flavors we experienced each morning. You should stay at this B&B just to be able to taste this wonderful food!

The B&B location was very close to most of the wineries we wanted to visit and so was very convenient. We visited wineries at the southern end of the Napa Valley on our way up to Calistoga and so staying in Calistoga worked out perfectly for us.

All in all we had a a great experience and would defintiely go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We just returned home from a week visiting Napa and Las Vegas and I have to say, after staying at the Luxe Calistoga, it was hard settling in at a hotel on the Strip! What an awesome experience we had! We arrived very late on the first day of our stay and Brent greeted us with a great big hug which was very much welcomed after a very long day of traveling! The next morning, over the best coffee and even better breakfast, Brent sat with us and helped me plan each day of our stay. We have stayed at many beautiful Inns but the staff at Luxe Calistoga made the difference! Brent was our chef our first two mornings and Josh was our chef the last two. I have to say, each breakfast was like Christmas morning....I sat there like a little child waiting for the next course to arrive. Breakfast reminded me of the recipes I see in Gourmet Magazine but never make. The detail and love that goes into the preparation of their food is the same detail and love you see throughout the Whole property. Our afternoon wine and cheese on the gorgeous wrap around porch was the highlight of our days. sitting there with a glass of wine, delicious cheese, crackers, etc. getting to know Brent and the other guests was a relaxing way to get ready for dinner. We stayed in the first floor King suite and it was more spacious and beautiful in person than what we saw online. Thank you Brent and Chris for making the Luxe Calistoga as great as it is and thank you Joshua for being such a great chef! Thank you Maria for making our room feel like home while we were there and last but not least, thank you Skip for being such a trouper and letting me scratch your belly! (Minds out of the gutter people, Skip is a gorgeous Golden Retriever and is King of the porch!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent two nights at Luxe in late January and from my first contact with Brent to our last good-byes we were so happy we chose to stay there. Brent and Chris have clearly worked hard and considered every aspect of the guest experience. While the price was a concern I realized after staying here that between the room, the wine and cheese and the delectable breakfast the value was better than a less expensive option. Additionally when I asked them to help out on a particular quest to meet a family member I had only recently discovered they enthusiastically joined in the mission. The other unexpected treat was meeting the other guests as we sat on the porch and tasted wine and ate first class appetizers. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxe Calistoga? Share your experiences!