“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Calistoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
1139 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I absolutely love this place! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night during a trip to Napa and we felt so at home it was hard to leave. Not only are the accommodations perfect, the service is outstanding. We were the only couple staying at the B&B the night we were there, but we did not feel alone at all. Chris was so welcoming and during the wine and cheese hour he joined us and it felt like we were old friends chatting. We had Skip the golden retriever lounging at our feet and really great old romantic music playing on the outside speakers. It was perfect.

We stayed in the King Suite on the first floor and took a tour of the other rooms. All the rooms are very nice, but ours was definitely the best. It was spacious, and nicely decorated, and the bed was so comfortable.

Breakfast was mind blowingly awesome. Josh is such a talented chef, and Chris is a very talented baker (chocolate toffee scones, OMG!). Easily one of the best meals we had the entire trip. I love that it's served in courses, in perfect sized portions.

The B&B is on the main road to Calistoga within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants, so it is very conveniently located. I read some other reviews that complain about traffic noise, but it's only noticeable from the porch. Our room faced the road and we didn't notice it in there.

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this place. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the best B & B I have ever experienced. The owner Brent was very friendly and helpful from the moment of our first call to make reservations. He was so welcoming and cheerful when we arrived and throughout our stay. He helped make our entire experience so pleasant.

The property is beautiful with flowers all around. The rooms were very lovely and tasteful -- not cheap or overyly "cute" in the way some B&B rooms can be. The wide porch was delightful with lovely music playing and comfortable seating, Brent served wine and cheese for us there in the afternoon and breakfast there in the morning. It was great to sit there and relax, although it was a bit loud from time to time as cars would go by playing music.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing.They were truly 5 star restaurant quality, served with white linen, silver and multiple courses. This was not your average egg scramble in a chafing dish buffet. We were with a group of 4 couples and everyone was amazed at the quality, presentation and absolute wonderful flavors we experienced each morning. You should stay at this B&B just to be able to taste this wonderful food!

The B&B location was very close to most of the wineries we wanted to visit and so was very convenient. We visited wineries at the southern end of the Napa Valley on our way up to Calistoga and so staying in Calistoga worked out perfectly for us.

All in all we had a a great experience and would defintiely go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We just returned home from a week visiting Napa and Las Vegas and I have to say, after staying at the Luxe Calistoga, it was hard settling in at a hotel on the Strip! What an awesome experience we had! We arrived very late on the first day of our stay and Brent greeted us with a great big hug which was very much welcomed after a very long day of traveling! The next morning, over the best coffee and even better breakfast, Brent sat with us and helped me plan each day of our stay. We have stayed at many beautiful Inns but the staff at Luxe Calistoga made the difference! Brent was our chef our first two mornings and Josh was our chef the last two. I have to say, each breakfast was like Christmas morning....I sat there like a little child waiting for the next course to arrive. Breakfast reminded me of the recipes I see in Gourmet Magazine but never make. The detail and love that goes into the preparation of their food is the same detail and love you see throughout the Whole property. Our afternoon wine and cheese on the gorgeous wrap around porch was the highlight of our days. sitting there with a glass of wine, delicious cheese, crackers, etc. getting to know Brent and the other guests was a relaxing way to get ready for dinner. We stayed in the first floor King suite and it was more spacious and beautiful in person than what we saw online. Thank you Brent and Chris for making the Luxe Calistoga as great as it is and thank you Joshua for being such a great chef! Thank you Maria for making our room feel like home while we were there and last but not least, thank you Skip for being such a trouper and letting me scratch your belly! (Minds out of the gutter people, Skip is a gorgeous Golden Retriever and is King of the porch!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent two nights at Luxe in late January and from my first contact with Brent to our last good-byes we were so happy we chose to stay there. Brent and Chris have clearly worked hard and considered every aspect of the guest experience. While the price was a concern I realized after staying here that between the room, the wine and cheese and the delectable breakfast the value was better than a less expensive option. Additionally when I asked them to help out on a particular quest to meet a family member I had only recently discovered they enthusiastically joined in the mission. The other unexpected treat was meeting the other guests as we sat on the porch and tasted wine and ate first class appetizers. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
kirkwood, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Over all it was a great stay, accomplishing the relaxation goal for two nights. We are modest travelers and considered this B & B a splurge and expected to be pampered, and we were. My husband likes decor and I like food so we knew we would be pleased, having read reviews of other guests. That said, I would say that a few practical pointers are these: the wine and cheese time provides no napkins yet they serve finger food. (Brent was so involved in talking that I retrieved tissues from my purse each time, rather than asking him for a napkin) There is only one lamp in the Garden room, albeit with three settings, but independent bedtime reading is impossible as the lamp sheds light all over the room. We mentioned when we arrived that my husband does not eat eggs. We were told that we should have notified them earlier, so there was no adjustment on the first morning of our stay. Nor was there on the second morning, except to leave the egg off the Huevos Rancheros that they served him. The presentation and creative flavors were wonderful and I enjoyed fully all the food offered, including the Snapple drink instead of wine since we do not drink alcohol. We appreciated the veranda, the interesting books lying around, Brent's friendly welcome and the ease of chatting with other guests. My husband is eager to stay again. I regret that you have to halt your conversation on the porch every time a truck goes by. It is a lovely, well-kept property with owners who care.

Room Tip: Separate entrance garden room is really small with no chair, only one luggage rack.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Okay....let's just get this straight. I don't care where you've stayed recently, or where you may be headed next, but if you are fortunate enough to experience a stay at the Luxe Calistoga, then you are one fortunate person! For one minute, imagine you have been invited for a weekend getaway to your long lost friends home, who just happens to live in the beautiful wine country. Too much time has passed since your last visit, and within minutes of your arrival, your "friends" make you feel like they couldn't wait for you to get there. Your exquisite guestroom awaits you and not one detail is missing, from the romantic bedding, art work, and luxury bath products, you are certain you must be at an elegant five star resort. After settling in, your invited to the all so welcoming wrap around porch complete with cozy padded furniture, heat lamps and soft music playing in the background. There is different varieties of local wines to choose from as well as yummy unique appetizers to enjoy while laughing, sharing stories, and catching up or conversing with the other guests. Chis & Brent, the proprietors, are nothing short of endearing, charismatic, and welcoming in every way . they seem to have an innate way of sensing if a guest would like privacy or be a part of a group. Whether your looking for peaceful alone time, or enjoy meeting new people, the Luxe offers something for everyone. The welcoming experience they share with you and the other guest, leaves you feeling it has been way too long and you will never let so much time pass again before coming to visit these "old friends". Oh, and do not let me forget the breakfast! Expertly prepared by Chef Joshua, they have turned the notch up on what you would expect from a B&B. It would be only fitting to add that the breakfast is out of the ordinary, with the pretty china, french press coffee, presentation and unique twist on the preparation of the tasty food. We chose to eat out on the porch and had it all to ourselves to relax and enjoy the morning sunshine and company of "Skip" the friendly sweet golden retriever who also takes in the atmosphere of this magical inn. Ever since our trip, we constantly have little flashes of our time here and wish we were back. Trust me, it won't be long, can't wait!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I can't stop talking about the Luxe. We had a wonderful three-night stay and wanted to permanently move in. The owners, Brent and Chris (and their sweet-pea of a golden retriever, Skip), were incredibly gracious, welcoming, and a blast to chat with over delicious wines and cheeses on the wrap-around porch. Josh, the chef, concocted memorable and scrumptious breakfasts every morning, and we were sent out for the day with a little snack bag. The attention to detail really added to our experience and we look forward to returning. If you are anywhere near the Napa area, this B&B is a must-stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxe Calistoga? Share your experiences!