“Too good to be true - but it is!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Calistoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
1139 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas, United States
“Too good to be true - but it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I recently ended our stay in the Napa Valley at Luxe Calistoga. I really don't know where to start with this review. We have stayed in other B&Bs (including in Napa) that I thought were lovely, but this place is really exceptional in every sense of the word. Of course the room was beautifully decorated, had luxurious soaps, etc. but the best part about it is the way it makes you feel. It's like staying with the kind of dear friends you always wished you had, who are warm, friendly, thoughtful… and also happen to serve you hand and foot! You never feel like you are anything but a treasured guest in someone's home. I had to stop myself from getting up to pour the next round of wine because I felt like I was just having a glass with some friends. At the other B&Bs we stayed in, it was always clear to me that they wanted you to leave after the set "happy hour" time, but Chris (the owner who was there during our stay) never rushed us and seemed genuinely interested in the guests and in insuring we all enjoyed our time there. They have a marvelous porch where they serve wine and treats in the evening and breakfast in the morning (you can eat inside, but after you experience the porch, trust me you'll never want to leave it). For our first breakfast, Chris baked scones that were to die for and I thought that would be enough with a nice cup of the table-side French press coffee, until I ate the entrée. Joshua, the chef, is just beyond spectacular. Let me put it this way, I don't even like breakfast and I would have licked my plate if no one was watching! I simply cannot say enough good things about Luxe Calistoga. Stay there and you'll know why.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Luxe truely lived up to the previous reviews, which convinced us to stay for 2 nights in late October. Our room had a individual entrance and while fairly small, it was very nice. The hospitaility of the innkeepers is typical of a more expensive B&B, including the gormet breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese. Calistoga is a sleeply little Napa town with a couple of excellent restaurants also.

Andover, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Luxe as a child-free, romantic anniversary getaway. To sum up our experience, it was pure bliss! It felt like we were away for a month and it was only a few days...that is how quickly the valley and the Luxe sweep you away from your everyday life into a state of tranquil bliss! After a very long day of travel, we were warmly greeted by Brent and his trusty sidekick, Skip and shown to our room (first floor king). It is a lovely, romantic room with a fireplace. We were just in time to join Brent and the other guests on the porch for a delectable cheese plate and sampling of local wines. It worked out that we were able to enjoy wine and cheese time each day...a wonderful experience...Brent and his partner, Chris, are so hospitable and just plain old great company. We miss them already! The breakfasts are incredible...you will be full until dinner time! Calistoga is a wonderful home base for exploring both Napa and Sonoma counties...the trip to Sonoma has some wild turns over the mountain, but wonderful scenery. Brent has wonderful suggestions for wineries and restaurants as well, trust his advice! As we have jointed the Schramsberg Cellars wine club, we hope to return to enjoy the Luxe AND special events at Schramsberg. If you like bubbly, book the tour at Schramsbery in advance...it is amazing and their wines are phenomenal!

Ashburn, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Luxe for 3 nights at the height of Harvest. We prefer staying in Calistoga during the peak season because of the traffic, etc. We absolultely loved the hospitality at the Luxe, it was nice coming 'home' to a glass of wine and a nicely plated cheese and cracker tray at 'happy hour' - although we have been to Napa many times, we received more information and reservations at a few select wineries that we would not have been able to visit if we had not stayed at the Luxe.

The BREAKFASTS were fabulous and the chef made a special point to ensure that everyone's special requests were met (I can't eat eggs, another patron was gluten free, and another was vegetarian!!) they handled without a pause - true professionals.

The room was very clean, nicely appointed, bathrobes, a nice touch and the shower was nice and hot! The owners TOTALLY understand what is important to a patron of a B&B - and it shows - genuine interest in the comfort of all of the guests - very nice!

We stayed in the queen room in the courtyard on the first floor. My only complaint is that the AC unit is really noisy - I know - it's a common issue in B&Bs ......how do you provide individual room control without a window unit..... If that's the only complaint - I can handle it.

I would stay here again in heartbeat!!! And, you should too!! We're looking at a return trip with several friends - they saw our pictures and can't wait.....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been to Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, England, Scotland, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Curacao, The Maldives, Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius, Chile, Argentina, and Canada and all over the USA, but we have never been at a place like Luxe Calistoga!!
Brent and Chris will stand on their heads if it makes you happy....
They arranged visits to wineries for us and helped their guests with whatever we all needed to have a good time. The breakfast, made by their chef Joshua was outstanding by any standard. We stayed at two different rooms and they were both great with good beds, super nice and very clean thanks to Maria. The two hours between 5 and 7 pm with wine and cheese on the porch with Brent, Chris and all the guests is precious time you do not want to miss.
We have never, and we mean never, stayed at a place, with such a genuine hospitality. We had the luck, that we had time enough to extend our stay one more day from three to four days, and we can't wait to come back. Thanks also to the other guests for making our stay so very special.
If you are going to Napa Valley, you have to stay here!!
Thanks to Maria, Joshua, Chris & Brent for an unforgettable time at Luxe Calistoga.
Hope to see you in Denmark one day. Our wine cellar and guest rooms will always be open for you.
See you soon again.
Marianne & Jorn from Denmark.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at Luxe Calistoga and are so glad we did! Our only regret is that we only spent one night in town before moving on to the Healdsburg area.

We were in the handicap-accesible king room on the ground floor. Very comfortable, with beautiful little decorative touches. Brent even left little chocolates in the room for us to welcome us to town. We joined Brent and his sweet dog Skip for wine and a cheese plate on the porch in the late afternoon. Great conversation with the other guests and generous pours of delicious wines!

Our dinner that night at JoLe in town was spectacular. Josh, the chef at Luxe Calistoga, also works at JoLe, so we were treated to his hospitality a second time when he served us our gourmet breakfast on the porch at Luxe Calistoga in the morning.

After we checked out, Brent recommended a great hike nearby that took us up into the vineyards outside of town for some wonderful views. I hope we'll get to stay at Luxe Calistoga next time we're in wine country!

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My new husband and I spent two nights here after our wedding in Rutherford. The room was beautiful and pristine. We both slept really well. I really liked the Bvlgari soap, lotion and shampoo. Nice touch to wake up feeling luxurious!

Breakfast was wonderful! Brent is such a great host and a pleasure to talk with. He made sure we had everything we needed both when we were there and off for our wine touring. Wine and cheese in the afternoon is also a nice touch. The music playing on the porch was great.

We had just gotten married so we had a lot of luggage. We really needed the King room downstairs which has a lot of room as our luggage took up most of the space we had in the Queen room upstairs. The room is gorgeous, we just had it full of luggage. I would recommend only bringing one suitcase or a couple small bags if you stay in the upstairs queen room.

I highly recommend Luxe Calistoga when in the area!

Room Tip: We had just gotten married and had a lot of luggage. Our queen room upstairs was really too small ju...