“Beautiful!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Calistoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
1139 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Palo Alto
“Beautiful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at this fantastic B & B while visiting our daughter who is a student at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) at Greystone in St. Helena. Even though it is a very busy time of year in Napa due to the crush, Brent and Josh (the resident chef) did an incredible job hosting ten guests. We were served as much high end Envy cab that we could drink at the wine and cheese event for guests (5:00-7:00 p.m.) with heavenly French cheese, pistachio nuts, and other delicious breads while meeting interesting people and couples from across the U.S. who were visiting Napa. Everyone shared their days and wine tasting stories and we heard about the history of the Inn, which is a renovated luxury inn built in 1873. We also had the company of a beloved friendly golden retriever, Skip, who hung out with us on the wide wrap around front porch as the sun went down. The rooms and bed were very comfortable and equipped with wifi. Brent (the owner) invited my daughter to come to breakfast the next morning (at no charge) where we were served a gourmet brunch including a pineapple blueberry yogurt smoothly, freshly squeezed OJ, French pressed coffee, corn cakes with shredded pork, tomatillo sauce and topped with quail eggs. This a knock your socks off place with warm loving hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have to agree with Greg and Wendle. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese with Brent, Josh and the other guest each night.
My wife absolutly loved it and she can be picky. Very clean, very spacious, and very accomodating. Special shout out to Josh, couldnt ask for a better breakeast. Loved the Napa Valley in general and can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1139lincoln, Owner at Luxe Calistoga, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We are glad that you had a great visit to Napa Valley and Luxe Calistoga. We are very proud of the property, ,the service and the breakfast. It is a very special place with so much to see and do...you WILL have to come back!!! Soon!!! Until then safe travels.
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is a beautiful Inn/B&B in a beautiful part of the world but what sets The Luxe apart is the owner/host, Brent. The 2 hours of wine and cheese and conversation with Brent and the rest of the guests was a much awaited part of each day's end. Brent is an exceptional host, best I have ever seen and we have stayed in B&B's and Inns around the world. He goes out of his way to ensure that your stay at The Luxe and your time in Napa is all that it can be regardless of your level of wine knowledge or interest. Additionally, the chef at The Luxe creates by far the best breakfasts that we have ever eaten anywhere. Actually, to call the meals "breakfast" does them a dis-service. They are better described as delicious works of art.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the property away from the main street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments. Especially the note describing breakfast as a ..."delicious work of art". As we all have been told is the most important meal of the day!!! We love our daily wine & cheese hour and the sharing and friendships that formed. We are happy that you enjoyed your holiday and hope to see you again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Where do I start!! This place was the best selection me and my wife could of made! Only regret is that we couldn't spend more nights here. We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary here and it was just way beyond our expectations. Gourmet breakfast on the patio out front was delicious!!(Thanks Josh!) Brent who runs the house was excellent and very helpful with everything(next time we stay I hope we can meet the dog of the house :)....Location is great for all the winery visits, and in walking distance to very good restaurants. Room(queen downstairs) was beautiful and very well appointed. We can not wait till we go back to this place!! Thanks again for the hospitatlity!!

Room Tip: Downstairs Queen has your own private entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
An anniversary is a special event and we are happy you chose to stay at Luxe Calistoga. Our goal is for guests to have a romantic escape...sounds like from you review that we will be seeing you again!!! Happy Anniversary and we hope that you have many more years to celebrate!!!
Lemont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here as part of our 10-year anniversary celebration. Picked The Luxe largely based on Trip Advisor reviews and it exceeded our expectations. It is clear that Brent (& Chris whom we didn't meet), Joshua (chef), and staff (including Skip, the dog) put their heart & soul into this place. Our room was very nice: good size, fireplace, large soaking tub, 2-person shower, and nice decor. Nearby traffic starts to pick up in the early morning around sunrise, at least it did during our stay and may awake you a tad earlier than planned but it was harvest season in wine country so it wasn't unexpected. Didn't spend much time in the in-door common area but it, too, was very welcoming. The outdoor patio serves as a very welcoming meeting place for everyone staying at The Luxe with Brent serving as your host. Breakfast and wine & cheese hours were held on the patio/porch and really made our stay at The Luxe fantastic. First off, the breakfasts were amazing! French press coffee, freshly squeezed OJ, pastry, fresh fruit, & gormet meal each morning! Both Brent & Joshua like to get creative without repeating menu items for guests. Brent goes out of his way to get to know you, make personal connections with each of the guests, which facilitated interactions between guests and gave it a sense of a home away from home. Additionally, Brent used the info learned about each couple to make personal recommendations for activities (wineries, restaurants, activities) and he was right on! If the weather doesn't cooperate, he has you covered with heat lamps, blankets, ceiling fans, & umbrellas (not for the patio which is covered but for your time out and about). If you're staying in Calistoga, there is no reason NOT to stay here. You could fork out hundreds more per night to stay at Solage (quoted rates of ~$800/night for the same timeframe we stayed at The Luxe) or you could stay here and make separate spa appointments and have just as good, if not better, time while saving yourself some money.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We're glad to be part of your 10th Wedding Anniversary Celebration and that you chose to stay at Luxe Calistoga. Thank you for writing the review and also posting some of your photos from breakfast. It is true that a picture paints a thousand words!!! Celebrate everyday...I know we do!!! Safe travels and congratulations again on 10 years!!!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just spent five lovely nights with Brent, Chris, Skip, and the rest of the charming people at Luxe Calistoga. I have to say that it was the most pleasant stay of anywhere that I have ever been, and I stayed in a lot of hotels and B&Bs worldwide. The location is fantastic for visiting wine country. Calistoga is a very nice town in which to stay, very low key and non-tourista as the rest of Napa can be. The Luxe itself is a charming property where you can see the thought, artistry and effort that has gone into decoration, both exterior and interior. Luxe is definitely the "class" of Calistoga, if not all of wine country! Now comes the second best part (maybe the best part depending on whether my heart or my stomach is in charge) - the breakfasts are definitely the best you will find anywhere (yeah, anywhere!). The wine and cheese from 5-7 is also fantastic, with Brent and Chris orchestrating a nice little party every night just before you go out. Which brings up the best part of the Luxe - the people (and Skip the official canine greeter). I cannot say enough about the effort that everyone (especially Brent - sorry Chris!) there puts into making you feel welcome and comfortable. Everything we asked for was offered with enthusiasm. What else could you want? I want to rate Luxe with six (or more) stars, but the limit is five, so that's it. As I said, I have stayed in a lot of different places worldwide, but none that felt more like home (if you actually get pampered at home) than Luxe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of the kind words. I think it is safe to say that you had a really good time!!! I think we have the best job in the world...our goal is to have everyone leave with a big smile, great memories and perhaps a few extra pounds!!! Hope that all of your travels are safe and that we see you sometime again in the future.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is one of the best traveling experience my husband and I have had and we travel a lot. I should also say that I am VERY picky about where I stay. I can not say enough about how much we loved it here. We will be telling all our friends that this is an experience not to be missed and rarely found. Not your typical B&B......the rooms are beautiful with just the right finishing touches, the decor is elegant without being stuffy , the attention to detail can not go unnoticed. As if that is not enough, the house itself takes you back in time with it's wrap around porch, yet with all the modern amenities like outdoor heating Thats just the beginning.....Brent our host was gracious , knowledgeable, helpful, attentive without being intrusive, caring and an all round nice person. His suggestions for restaurants and wineries were bang on, like he had known us for
years. We had a chance to sample local wines and cheese each evening and get some of the local tips. Then, just to completely blow us away, came breakfast complete with linen, silver and French press coffee. (I am also picky about my coffee and eating fresh foods). Josh, the breakfast chef created a breakfast that was a culinary delight. I am now spoiled for breakfast
anywhere else. Reading this it probably sounds like I am a gushy person (I'm not) but I sound like it when I talk about The Luxe. My advice is to book this place as soon as you can, before all our friends fill the place up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1139lincoln, Owner at Luxe Calistoga, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Luxe Calistoga and for also sharing you thoughts. You do sound a bit "gushy" here...but loving all of the kind words. We all take all take a lot of pride in what we do and it is always our hope that every guest walks away with a great and memorable vacation. We hope that we will see you in the future...cheers!!!!

Been to Luxe Calistoga? Share your experiences!