“Comfortable but on main road..and eclectic breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1415 Foothill Blvd., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisane.
“Comfortable but on main road..and eclectic breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were met by Pam on arrival (who is not the owner) & who was just great, pleasant and helpful and who went out of her way to check we had everything we needed. The owners however didn't introduce themselves to us when they were present the next day and while pleasant we didn't get to know them. Initially we were disappointed as the B&B is right on the busy main road and we were hoping for something more secluded. However it wasn't noisy inside the house. Our room, The Rose suite, was a good size, comfortable with a fire and lounge area and outside patio. The very ornate decor won't be to everyone's taste and the bathroom was tired looking. The cheese and wine in the afternoon was a very nice touch and welcome. The breakfasts are very strange and we would have much preferred some good bacon and egg and croissants etc to the eclectic range of food such as bread pudding(!!) and poached pears. reminiscent of something your eccentric aunt would serve at Christmas. Overall nice, comfortable property which was a short walk from Calistoga (which we actually preferred to St Helena) but would have much preferred a more hearty choice at breakfast than the unusual offerings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm sorry to say that I was very disappointed with my room and breakfast at the Pink Mansion. After reading all the glowing reviews and looking on the website I was expecting something really special. My husband and I stayed in the Wine Suite, and although the private entrance was nice, the clawfoot bathtub and shower head were stained and the tub wobbled back and forth making it feel very unsteady during showering. The fresh fruit at breakfast was expected, but bread pudding, without any fresh bake goods,or anything else, was just not up to an expensive B&B standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toppa E, General Manager at The Pink Mansion, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
First, let me say thank you for taking the time to write a review letting us know about your recent stay. It is our desire that all of our guests look forward to a return visit. I am sorry that it did not exceed your expectation. If you are in the Napa Valley again, we hope you will give us another try.

Kind Regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Pink Mansion is a charming, beautifully furnished house full of character. The service was excellent and breakfasts were superb. The host was actually looking after the hotel in the owners' absence, and she did a tremendous job of looking after the guests. In particular she was very helpful in suggesting restaurants and vineyards in the local area - the very reason we were visiting. My only regret is not staying for longer.

Room Tip: I doubt any would disappoint - however, book early to secure your preferred room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience with us. I'm so glad you found the hotel to be charming and full of character as well as providing excellent service and superb breakfast. I'm sorry we missed you while we were away but it sounds like our manager more than met your needs. We would love to see you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Take Care,
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here before the Napa marathon. We had the Rose rom, which was perfect for our desire to have space to relax pre-race day. Topper and Leslie went out of their way to be sure that all the runners had everything needed on race morning. I went to the kitchen to turn on coffee at 4:00 am, and found the rows of breakfast requests from runners lined up on the kitchen sideboard. Trust me runners have some strange morning requests, and they were all there.

It is quiet, beautiful, and pleasant. The breakfast is excellent. The property is within easy walking distance of downtown Calistoga, a quaint, charming town.

Finally, I say all this as someone who vehemently avoids B&Bs. This was my first and might be my last because I don't know that any other can live up to this experience. Stay here if it is at all possible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great feedback! I'm glad you found us and enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I'm also very pleased The Rose Suite was comfortable and met your needs. We try our best to make sure all the runners are taken care of and we hope to see you for the marathon again next year!

Warm Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I chose this place due to its location and how quaint it looked from the pictures. We were not disappointed, it was quiet and friendly and the owner Topper couldn’t do more for us to make our stay pleasurable. We were on a 2 week road trip up the West Coast so the home cooked breakfasts made by the owner for us each morning was a real treat plus the free wine and cheese nights were perfect for getting us in the mood for Napa Valley wine tasting. I would recommend this place to stay for couples who want a relaxing and romantic setting and in walking distance to the town centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yreka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The home is beautiful, rooms spacious, very clean, comfortable and with all needed amenities. Fireplace, large bath, vcr/dvd, jacuzzi, jacuzzi tub, pool. wine and cheese in the evening, coffee and tea, home made breakfast served to you. We enjoyed fresh fruit plate (pineapple, berries), bacon, and french toast. It was truly a lovely home with a very friendly, professional host.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! Saying that our Inn is very spacious, beautiful and very clean, really means a lot as well as finding our staff very friendly and professional.

We hope you will come and see us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was an excellent choice for our second stay in Calistoga. I stay at a different Bed & Breakfast every time I travel to the valley. The Pink Mansion was very affordable for the area and Toppa and Leslie where very courteous and friendly, especially during our gourmet breakfasts.

Room Tip: The Garden Room where we stayed is a bit small, but for the time you spend in it, it's perfect...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PM4242, Owner at The Pink Mansion, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your pleasant review. We appreciate that you selected our property on your 20th Anniversary celebration. We understand that you like to try different hotels when you travel but we would love to see you again on your next visit and perhaps next time we can get you to try one of our large suites.

Thanks Again.

Been to The Pink Mansion? Share your experiences!