“Amazing Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast
You added Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
1316 S. Oak St, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #11 of 29 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Nevada City, California
“Amazing Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Going to Casa Lana is ALWAYS a very special treat! So quiet and serene. We had an amazing time and we love to going back. Life gets so hectic that this actually stopped time. What a great place to reconnect with that someone special. It's close enough to walk to down town with the tree lined streets and quiet enough to relax. Something life doesn't give us often enough. Lana is most gracious and really makes you feel at home. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great! The 2nd floor room is bigger.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I’ve stayed at CasaLana numerous times and keep coming back because it’s so special. So much so that I’d give it six stars to distinguish it from B&Bs with five. The organic gardens and orchard, outdoor lounging areas and gazebo hot tub are beautifully buffered from the outside world, situated as they are on the tree-lined banks of the Napa River. The two tastefully furnished rooms are immaculate, spacious and comfortable, and have their own private entrances. And the breakfasts are scrumptious. Lana is not only the innkeeper but also a chef who teaches culinary arts. She’s also gracious and personable as well as environmentally conscious in the way she runs her business. I look forward to more stays at this one-of-a-kind place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I love cooking and I've been to many cooking schools around the world but most of them have a maximum of 2 to 3 days of cooking. I wanted something more intense and classes where I can learn hands on from food preparation, menu planning and presentation, just like a professional chef. When I found Casa Lana, I was thrilled that it had a 5 Day Boot Camp Cooking Course. It fulfilled all my expectations. Lana Richardson who is the owner and teacher is very experienced and patient. We learnt a lot about putting spices, food textures and flavours together. Nearly every herb and vegetable ingredient we used to cook was from her Lana's garden. In addition, Lana also runs a bed and breakfast to a very high standard. I stayed in the Arbor Room and the bed in particular was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed! It certainly help me get adjusted with my jet lag. Her breakfasts every morning are deliciously healthy.

One of the highlights of the trip was a visit and tour to the Culinary Institute of America. It is housed in an majestic old Greystone Winery that used to be owned by the Christina Brothers. It has now been turned into an inspiring cooking campus surrounded by lush vineyards.

I would also highly recommend renting a bike and cycle round the vineyards. I was travelling solo and people in Calistoga are so friendly, I felt absolutely safe.I would highly recommend Lana's Boot Camp Cooking Course, and even if you don't want to cook, Casa Lana is still a fantastic place for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Columbiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The things we learned were very helpful in our quest to be better and more healthy cooks in our own kitchens. We have gotten a lot of new recipes from different cuisines around the world but have also learned to make our own recipes better. this was a great experience for my daughters and myself.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We went to CasaLana in June 2011 and stayed for three nights. Lana was a great host and great chef. We enjoyed the tasty breakfast as well as the clean and comfortable room. We enjoyed the quietness right outside of our room in the evenings. Downtown Calistoga is within 5-10 minutes walking distance (or 2 minutes bicycling) from CasaLana.
I saw one earlier review talking about the simplicity of the breakfast, and I do not agree with it. The breakfasts that Lana prepared for us were delicious and fresh, with just the right amount of food. Everybody has different preferences, big hearty breakfast served in Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn may not be everybody's cup of tea.
All in all, I had a great time in CasaLana and definitely looking forward to be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My wife and I loved staying with Lana, a great host and willing to help at every turn. Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. The best breakfasts ever.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Casa Lana was an incredible find, thanks to other reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The room was modern and beautiful with windows on three sides, out of which we had gorgeous views of trees, the rose garden, vegetable garden, river and secluded hot tub (with pull down shades). The bed was incredibly comfortable. Lana was a gracious host and the breakfasts were phenomenal, with everything made from scratch. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Lana Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!