“Pure relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Vacaville, California
“Pure relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Roman Spa offers everything my wife and I enjoy, clean warm spring water and top notch massage treatments. I highly recommend it to all of those who need some quality time to reflect and relax. The treatments are most superlative, the service is top notch with with a friendly smile. I love this place and I hope you will too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments about our spa. Our spa staff is top-notch with both their skills as a masseuse but also in their care and concern for each guest. We strive to provide the best service possible for each and every guest from the moment you arrive to the time of departure.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad I found this place. I got a travel zoo daily deal for 169.00 and it included a 100$ spa discount and a free wine tasting coupon. My favorite part of my stay was the spa. The mud bath was great something I could not imagine. The mud was wonderful. While in the mud I felt weightless,it was so comfortable I fell asleep. The spa attendants were so professional and right on time with everything . When I started to get to hot in the mud she was right there with the cool towel for my forehead. My masseuse was excellent I melted like butter from my massage. I would definitely come back. Oh and the town of Calistoga was nice the hotel was within walking distance to all the nice restaurant..

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us. Indeed, your Travelzoo special was an amazing promotion and I hope you will return to us in the future utilizing one of our monthly manager's specials or other promotions we offer throughout the year.
It sounds as if this was your first mud bath experience, indeed it is truly a gift from the earth and a wonderful experience. Our spa staff is very attentive to each guest and I am glad you found the experience so positive.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Sonora, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

...meaning we really love this place. My husband & I stay here every year with our best friends. We hang out in the pool, drink wine, take in the sun, play cards, & never once get in the car until it's time to leave. Walking distance to downtown & all the great restaurants (plus a really great local bookstore). The pool is always the perfect temperature, the beds are amazingly comfortable. I have trouble sleeping in motels, but the beds & sheets are so cozy I sleep like an old cat. As for the people talking in the next room re: Diego's review -- uh...that was probably us.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always delightful watching the card games that go on in the pool whenever you and your friends visit with us. Calistoga always has so much to offer that indeed we are a walking town and car transportation is only needed to arrive and depart from our delightful town.
We look forward to serving you again for your 25th year!
Boonville, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My best friend and I spent our second getaway at the Roman Spa. The rooms,the staff,The pools ,the mud and massage are fabulous.Everyone is friendly.The atmosphere is relaxing.it is located one block from downtown.You can walk to dining,shopping but you feel away from the hustle of down town.The beds are sooo comfortable yousleep like a baby!

Room Tip: Both times I have been the rooms were perfect!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words, it is always a good feeling to know we have provided the experience the guest is hoping for and even beyond their expectations.
Indeed, our cute, quaint town provides a walkablility that allows one to park, stay, and play, since there is so much to offer and with our property only one block from the main street it makes the town even more accessible.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Called weeks ahead to schedule a mud bath and massage as part of their Friday special. We arrived and went to pay but the receptionist who said it would be double the price that I had expected to pay. I questioned her as to the why there was such a discrepancy and finally she said "oh, you mean our fabulous Friday manager's special?". I would imagine that as a business you wouldn't do things that would prevent a customer from wanting to return in the future. The mud bath was quite enjoyable however, and the massage therapists were very professional. Another let down was when we went to the dry sauna afterwards to find that it wasn't even turned on and wouldn't get hot after twenty minutes. Finally just left because the sound of the electrical current to the sauna was too much to handle and not an easy place to relax in.

• Stayed January 2013
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Matthew,
How unfortunate that you preferenced your subject line so negatively, yet you had an extremely enjoyable mud bath and massage. Both your mud attendant and the massage therapist are 2 of our most requested staff members and you had the pleasure of having both of them serve you on your visit!
I do apologize for the confusion with the receptionist, as most businesses today, we run numerous specials simultaneously and depending upon when the reservation was made and what specials are offered customers can vary in the price paid. With that said, I once again apologize that the transaction was not as seamless as it typically occurs. I'm also sorry to hear the sauna wasn't working properly, we have been working on that issue.
I hope you will consider another visit to Calistoga in the future and take the time enjoy our lovely quaint town.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great location. Just a block from the town proper. The rooms are okey and pools needs a little upgrade. Sleeping soundly and suddenly could hear people talking. I swear I could have join their conversation if I am not just too tired and sleepy. Need to sound proof the walls because people next door are really not shouting just a normal talk. Mud bath is a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thnak you for your comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your mud bath experience, it is truly a gift from the earth.
I'm sorry to hear that you were roused from your sleep due to neighbors conversation, indeed the rooms are not "sound proof" and at times noise is noted (as in most hotels). I hoped you enjoyed our beautifully landscaped grounds and the benefits of our thermal waters which is a unique and wonderful experience and is only available in Calistoga within the Napa Valley.
B erkeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you want a magical break from your daily routine for a day or two, the Roman Spa in Calistoga is the place. It's nicely located downtown (you park your car and walk to restaurants, main street shops and stores). Roman Spa has three pools, all fed by healing mineral water—the main one perfectly warmed for long stays, a hot tub that adjoins this pool and a third inside with the water heated midway between the main pool and the hot tub. Roman Spa is beautifully landscaped with lots of tall, softly swaying palm trees. We always ask for a first floor room, near the pool, king bed and they accommodate providing the requested room is available

We were just up there for a midweek stay, an excellent value as Napa Valley spas go. A two-day stay is a perfect get away. i'd recommend a midweek visit if you can swing it. Once you go, you'll go again and again. It's that good and relaxing. Jerry Holl, Berkeley

The telephone # is 707 942-4441; address: 1300 Washington Street, Calistoga 94515

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jerry,
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are so glad you enjoy your visits with us and indeed, midweek is a great value and of course 2 days are always the best way to truly enjoy everything the Roman Spa and Calistoga has to offer.
We look forward to your return and serving you in the future.

Been to Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!