“Absolutely Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Rose Inn Spa & Winery Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Silver Rose Inn Spa & Winery Resort
You added Silver Rose Inn Spa & Winery Resort to your Saves list
351 Rosedale Road, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

While my partner and I drove from Yosemite to Napa we called all sorts of properties in Calistoga. (My partner loves mud baths, so he wanted to stay in Calistoga :-) ). There was "no room at the inn," so we called the Calistoga Chamber of Commerce and they told us that this "very nice" bed and breakfast had rooms available. I called them immediately (thank heavens for cell phones!). The young man who answered the phone was very nice and took care of our reservation right away. We got in late that night, around 10pm, and the owner himself (!!!) checked us in. We was so warm and welcoming! I felt like we were walking into a movie of some sort -- the moon was full, the gardens and buildings of the Silver Rose were perfectly manicured and tastefully adorned. Our room was VERY spacious, the bed was fantastic, bathroom spotless. In the morning, the breakfast was delicious and the ladies who served us were so incredibly hospitable. We ate breakfast outside on the terrace, by the pool, and the whole scenery was breath-taking. Really. I do not have a single complaint about our two-night stay there. It is a wonderful gem.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

My stay at the Silver Rose kicked off an incredible 8 day journey of CA and it couldn't have been better. I did quite a bit of internet searching for a place in Napa and came to the conclusion that I wanted to stay somewhere within a 2 hr drive from SFO, with spa on premises, walking distance to a nice restaurant, and most importantly, I wanted to wake up amidst a serene landscape. The Silver Rose delivered on all accounts and I had an incredible time - an excellent massage from Nick, a wonderful dinner at Solbar across the road the most peaceful night sleep, lovely staff and beauty all around!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

I have done a ton of research on the net and stayed at 3-5 star B&Bs, Spa resorts in Napa, Sonoma, Calistoga, Silver Rose so far offers the best value among all the places that I have stayed/seen. The place is beautiful, clean, quiet, and modern. The office manager, Jay, was so kind and helpful. The happy hour offers lovely wine and cheeses. Overall, it was such a wonderful experience. What a pleasant surprise and I will definitely be back there.

Stayed April 2008
sf
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

For less than $200 in NapaValley, I got what I paid for. The rooms are old, a bit musty. There are 2 sites here-the Inn on the Knoll and the Inn at the Vineyard. I was in the Inn on the Knoll. It looked like the main building was newer & cleaner. When I first saw the location I was rather reluctant. The Inn is quiet, so you can hear pretty much everything moving. There is no pool here, but one @ the Vineyard down the hill. There is no view to speak of, it was fairly dilapidated. Breakfast was juice & coffee - if you wanted more you had to go get it in the main building. This is bare minimum place -
The highlight for me was actually the Spa. As reluctant as I was to stay at the Inn, I was more curious about my decision to have a spa here instead of the many (perhaps more expensive or well known choices) in Calistoga. I was not disappointed. My Spa experience was the best part of my stay here.
The location was pretty close to Calistoga downtown, and there was plenty to do there as well. Also not too far from St Helena, but pretty far from everything else.
If you're looking for a place to sleep & shower, than this will work for you. If you're looking for fabulous NapaValley beauty, find somewhere else.

• Liked — my spa treatment
  • Disliked — old & musty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

I WOULD NOT recommend staying at this property---until they make some dramatic changes.
One would expect much more at a Napa area bed and breakfast.
While the room was nice with fireplace and jacuzzi, and really nice views---the service was terrible.
This was professed to be a bed and breakfast---all that was provided was some cut fruit---IF you wished to purchase oatmeal out of a box, it was an extra 3bucks---that was it, nothing else possible. I have stayed at wonderful BB in napa, and the breakfast outlays have been nothing less than spectacular; but not here.
The employees were much less than helpful.
Bottles of water were provided on the "first" night only, and UNavailable after that even if you wished to pay.
Towels, you want more than two towels for your stay? that must be requested.
There are no televisions, and no internet access---which is fine, however not a plus for business travelers, or anyone else who wishes these amenities.
again, I would not recommend.

Stayed February 2007
Wading River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

We stayed for 2 days. The studio was very clean, but a little worn. The bed was very firm, too firm for me, good for my wife. The kitchen was well equiped. The staff are homey and friendly. I would have liked it if we were a bit closer to main street where all the restaurants are located. But that wasn't that big a deal. Wineries abound, and Napa is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

This is the second time I've stayed here-both in June when the weather was beautiful. The rooms are simple but nice. They each have individual motifs such as Oriental or Bears and Burgundy. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. There is a complimentary breakfast which is baked goods and fruit-very fresh. The owner runs a wine tour next to the property where they make excellent chardonnay and cabernet! My only real complaint is that I find it a little expensive for the room. It should probably be about 50 $ less per night. If you are a repeat customer you get a discount. In addition, if you stay here you get a discount on their wine--which is worth buying (you can't buy it anywhere else). I have stayed at the Inn at Southbridge which is more than twice the price but not as charming of a location but better rooms. I would stay at the Silver Rose again.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Silver Rose Inn Spa & Winery Resort? Share your experiences!