“Can't be modest!!” 3 of 5 stars

707-942-6269
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, a geothermal hot springs resort, recently completed an extensive renovation project that has dramatically transformed a property that has been attracting repeat guests for generations. Located in downtown Calistoga, the 56-room hotel and spa was completely redesigned with a contemporary spa inspired look and feel. The eighteen month long renovation has touched all aspects of the property including a redesign of the guestrooms with spa-inspired bedding, honed Italian porcelain tile showers, kitchenettes with microwave ovens and modern conveniences such as full High Definition LED televisions. The focal points of the renovation are the four-geothermal heated mineral pools. The pool deck was fitted with travertine tiles, new designer-inspired pool furniture and the inclusion of grape covered arbors.
Hudson, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Can't be modest!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went for my first mud bath and loved the experience but wouldn't do it again. Was given a blanket to put around myself but once I got to the bath had to drop the towel and get in the mud bath with the girl watching - I was the only one there thank goodness because there are no curtains between the mud baths so anyone else there would have seen me naked. After the mud bath you shower the mud off and once again no curtain around the shower. From there to the mineral bath again no curtain and tubs on each side. a different lady for this step and when I was done with this another lady came in - three different people seeing me naked, massage with Mary was wonderful though.

Visited January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Marin County, California
25 attraction reviews
“Hope this place never goes away- a favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been going to Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, either to stay or come for the day, for many, many years- just not as often as I would like, which would be every week! It has been recently renovated, and they kept the same basic look and added some nice upgrades. What I love about this spot are many things, but above all else- the pools! I have tried all the other hot springs in Calistoga and I have never found this combination of pools, and so much space. My personal ritual is to start by soaking in the very hot 104 deg. adults only pool, then take a cold outdoor shower, do that several times, then engulf in towels and the spa road on the lounge, and that sets the tone. I enjoy more of that routine, with intermittent soaks in the lovely 100 deg. pool, some dunks in the cooler laps pool. Mostly, the dreamy lounging, nodding off, reading, not caring about the weather or time of day, with plenty of covered lounge space. If you want to come for day use in high season, be sure to get in line by 9:30am! If you want more quiet/ less children activity, the adults only pool area tends to be better, as the 100 deg. pool can become active on weekends.

As far as the accommodations, they are perfect balance. Not a luxury resort but very tasteful, and if you get an upstairs room (I don't know the other rooms since I have only stayed upstairs) they feature very high peaked ceilings. A nice sized kitchen is included, and the location is very quiet if you get a room away from the street side. For best quiet and privacy, get an upstairs end room. This is a very popular resort, so if you want a less crowded experience, come in the winter, and come during the week. Otherwise, get there early and find yourself a good spot- you can leave your things unbothered on the chairs all day, and walk to town for lunch, etc. There is a very good deli very close by and there are plenty of table and chair setups throughout the area. The space has a lovely layout and beautiful feel. The renovation includes a fire pit area that is lit at night.

The spa area here is very well maintained, and I have always been happy with their services. The management and staff have also always been friendly and accommodating. Most of all, are the reasonable prices! The winter rate for the upstairs room with kitchen and all pool use is $145. I came here for my birthday this year, but plan to make it an ongoing personal gift to make it back as often as possible this year. I know of no more relaxing, inexpensive healthy way to completely float away stress, all just a beautiful hour long drive from Marin!

Visited January 2014
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello Ephiphany1953, your review is so helpful and complete I just want to say thank you for taking the time to convey the things that make this property special. We look forward to seeing you again. Mike Lennon
Phoenix, Arizona
25 attraction reviews
“Great value for Laid back traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This is no 5-star hotel, but it is a very comfortable and pleasant place to unwind. The 3 pools are beautiful and well maintained. Plenty of outdoor seating and a cool fire pit. You can bring your own charcoal and grill dinner outside your room. The building and furniture are a bit dated, but mgmt seems to be working hard to maintain and improve the facility. We have not been here on a weekend...I have to think it's hopping then. For our mid-week visit, there is plenty of tranquil space.
Well equipped work out room along with the opportunity to join in on site fitness classes. Calistoga, itself, is a wonderful town to visit with plenty of great restaurants and nice people . Don't miss the mud bath!

Visited October 2013
San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
“Aaaaaaaaaah...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love to soak. In lovely hot water. Outdoors. With wine! I have never done any of the treatments at this spa, just the pools, and I love it. We like to get a room a stay for at least two days. The rooms have kitchens and there are BBQ facilities as well! The local restaurants are great, but nice to save a little and also just not have to leave the spa, hahaha!

The place is clean and staff are helpful. There is a small gym available to guests as well.

Visited November 2012
Livermore, California
3 attraction reviews
“Best in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were on a combination business, mini-vacation trip that included using a gift certificate from Calistoga Spa Hot Springs for two mud baths and two one-hour massages. This was an old gift certificate that we received in 1997. Calistoga Spa Hot Springs honored it in full at no additional charge to us. We thoroughly enjoyed the treatments and their professional and friendly staff. We would highly recommend them if you are interested in experiencing these types of treatments. The facility is large, well-maintained, and immaculate.

Visited August 2013