“A truly magnificent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
1713 Lake St., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
Los Angeles, California
“A truly magnificent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

As a Napa native, I enjoy heading up to the mud baths on occasion to relax. I had never been to Golden Haven before and I was very pleasantly surprised. Wonderful staff, clean facilities, relaxation in abundance. This will be my spa of choice from now on in Napa as I really don't think you can beat it. I've tried them all, and while there are other good ones, know that this one is excellent and you WILL have a good time. Check them out.

Room Tip: I didn't stay overnight here, I just came up for the spa. I live in Napa.

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Oregon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went for the couples mud baths and massages (our attendants were awesome) and were pleasantly surprised by the other amenities: mineral pools, outdoor area, walking distance to town, and very comfortable beds. I felt like we got A LOT for our money, which is really saying something for Calistoga! We'll stay again if we're ever in that neck of the woods again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I was researching places to stay in Calistoga because I wanted to book a couples mud bath and the Golden Haven Hot Springs looked like the perfect place and had some great rates. If you listen to the instructions you are given to wiggle down into the mud bath and not step into it I guarantee you'll have an enjoyable experience like we did. After the mud bath you shower off then get in the hot tub. Then you put on a robe and go into a lovely room that smells so soothing and they cover you with a light blanket and you lay down and cool off. They make sure you have plenty of ice water with lime slices in it too, so refreshing. After that we had a 30 minute massage. My first massage ever, what a wonderful, relaxing experience. Our room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. It is located a few blocks from the Old Faithful Geyser and not far from downtown Calistoga where we went for dinner. The following day we booked a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards and got back in plenty of time to check out and go to our next destination. I would definitely without hesitation recommend staying here as I would love to go back again some day. Enjoyed the hot springs pool that night after returning from dinner too!

• Stayed September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

When making our reservation we knew we weren't staying at the most expensive place. When we arrived it looked kind of weird because it was in a neighborhood with in front of room parking. Thought it may be a bit more motel than hotel. To our surprise the rooms were great. A lot of room and very clean. The mud bath was great. We got the couples bath and found it to be very private and very fun. The jacuzzi's are fantastic. We talked to several people staying there that visit Calistoga alot and have landed on this place. Would stay again for sure.

reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have been going to Golden Haven spa for years and we were pleasantly surprised to see all the improvements they have made over the last year or so. They have added Bocce Ball Courts and Bikes you can use to ride to downtown Calistoga. We went for a couples Mud Bathe and had Kim as our attendant. She made us feel comfortable and coddled. Then I had Heather for a massage and it was one of the best I have ever had. Thanks Golden Haven

San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed my one night stay here at Golden Haven. Booked a superior room, along with a mud bath. Room was spacious, and it was nice to have the sink, mini-fridge, and microwave. The grounds are very relaxing and quiet, and the hotel is tucked away in a residential area a few blocks off Lincoln Ave. They do have a nice fire pit area to sit at, as well as a picnic/bocce ball area. Would have loved to stay longer to enjoy more of the grounds. The staff was very friendly, and luckily we were able to check into our room a little early, which was nice since this was a getaway to celebrate my birthday. The only real drawback is that the pool is covered by the sundeck and the pool is not in the sun itself, so if you want to sit in the sun and swim, you have to go downstairs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed two nights over Labor Day Weekend at the Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa. The resort is tucked away in a residential area, which seemed odd, but once you are on the grounds, it doesn't really matter. There were two couples in our group and we rented a one bedroom cottage. There is a king sized bed in the main room and another queen sized bed in the bedroom. The wall unit for air conditioning did not reach the bedroom, but there was a small window and a small fan, which helped with the air circulation. There is a kitchenette with a microwave, refridgerator, and sink. The rooms are clean and spacious--plenty of room for the four of us. We walked into town, which is about three blocks from the hotel. It was a nice evening and the walk was enjoyable. My husband and I had the couples mud bath followed by a half hour massage. The mud bath is hot and stinky, but I guess it's supposed to release toxins. It was a warm weekend, and I had a hard time enjoying the hot mud because I was just too hot and then jumping into a hot tub, all on a hot day, well, I wanted desperately to be cool. The wrap is relaxing, but I had to kick off the cover, because I felt warm and smothered. The massage was good, relaxing, but there was Musac playing in the background that was distracting. Overall, the experience at the Golden Haven was good though. It's not fancy, but it's clean and nice and the location to town and vineyards and wineries could not be better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa? Share your experiences!