“My Trip Golden Haven Spa” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
1713 Lake St., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
Queen Creek AZ
“My Trip Golden Haven Spa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a nice massage here but to be honest this place is not that nice, it gone downhill since my previous two trips to it, and yes the prices are okay but that's because the facility is not that nice. I had a mud bath which I was not happy with how it was handle from the beginning. I also was felt rush through everything because of them being behind schedule. I don't think I will stay there again. The staff need to pay attention to detail of the guest.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Golden Haven is kind of old style/old fashioned, but in a good way. The room was very nice and you do park your car right by the room - which certainly makes it easy to load and unload the car! The outdoor table lets you enjoy the fresh air at breakfast time - about the only time of day it's cool enough to be outside in Calistoga in July. The mineral water swimming pool is wonderful, and there are two hot tubs, which are kept at different temperatures. As for the spa treatments... I had never tried a mud bath before, and I would say it's not for me. However, you don't know unless you try it, and it does make your skin feel nice after you get all the mud off. I also had a good massage. The only complaint I have is that the spa attendant seemed to want to rush customers a bit because the appointments were running late. I think the Golden Haven needs to schedule appointments a little farther apart.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 3. Super comfy, and near the pool! I was traveling with a friend, and Room 3 is sort...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. The mud bath and message were great! The room was large, clean and comfortable. Nothing special about the lodging, but we stayed here because of the mud bath experience and would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was VERY expensive for what you got. I agree wholeheartedly with flyingartgal's assessment. My daughter and I checked in for what was supposed to be a treat after traveling through the wine country region. I do not have spa experience - this was my first indulgence and will probably be my last. The staff not only was clueless, they appeared as shoddy and unclean as did the facilities. My daughter was kind enough to keep her comments upbeat and didn't mention the fear of what we might have caught from the communal mud until we had gotten back to the room and had a thorough shower. After that experience we didn't bother to venture to the mineral water hot tub or pool. We figured we had shared enough communal germs. The only reason I gave it two dots is because we actually spent the night in the motel accommodations. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We had a two bedroom lodging, but were surprised that the smaller room didn't come with an air conditioning unit. The room had a kitchenette, but was lacking an iron and ironing board. There was no continental breakfast, you just had to brew your own coffee and use fake powdered cream (Yuck). I have never bothered to write a bad review before, but this one definitely deserves a warning for unsuspecting customers!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I am giving it 4 stars (instead of 3) because you can have treatments and then walk to your room rather than get in a car and have to drive elsewhere, which I don't like to do after a treatment. Also, our room was large and very clean. There is a nice pool and 2 jacuzzis. We had a couples mud bath, which I think was fine. But, know that the property is like a motel... drive up to your room in many cases. (It is in a quiet neighborhood, not far from downtown.) No breakfast and the coffee outside the office is....well...don't drink it. But we had a mini-fridge/ coffee maker/sinkette/cupboard area in the room, so you have the freedom to bring food and lounge/eat in your room. The desk staff was nice but not very professional. Since I'm not a big "spa" person, I might want to stay in nicer surroundings next time and go here only if I feel the need for mud.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I want to start by saying, I do not write bad reviews. But this experience was one for the mentioning. I have done many natural spa services, including mineral baths, wraps, etc. in New Mexico/CO , so I have a solid background in these experiences.
So, Golden Haven, not so golden, try pewter. The motel 6 type front desk experience is only surpassed by the staff that seems utterly confused and untrained. We booked a couples mud tub/facial treatment package. And we were stunned at the smells, okay sulfur is one thing, but just stagnant foul is another. Having garden hoses tossed on the floor to rinse off with after, was a delight compared to the slop area that we were placed to experience this medicinal therapy. Yuk!
The only reason we did not run at first sight, was simply being stunned. How could this be so, and have it be so well regarded in Trip Advisor, or have such a high rating on the internets? How?
As we suffered through the mud bath, we were then haphazardly shuttled to a hallway to wait for a room, all of our belongings in our arms, we finally were rested in a mus-ak filled room, and wrapped in a fleece blanket to sweat. After sometime, we were again askwed to grab all our stuff, and wonder to our next treatment down the hall and sit. Workmen, and dirty linens roamed by us, and we started to wonder about not having foot wear on. Is this where a fungi lives? Our skinned crawled more at this point.
Our facials were fair, and at one point I swear they used Vaseline lotion, I know that smell from childhood. We were again shuttled after our facials, and much cringing, to a single bathroom with one shower. All the others had not been cleaned, and despite no one really using them, we were asked to make due. The shower drain backed up, filled our bathroom to the thershold, and we scurried to get our clothes on. I have never ran from a "spa" before, and I use that term only for it's name sake, but I ran out. We drove 30 mins to our cute condo, and showered as soon as we hit the door.
Really Calistoga? Raise the bar will you?

Room Tip: Good anywhere but here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everytime I take a trip to Calistoga I stay at the Golden Haven. The property is well maintained and the mineral water swimming pool is like swimming in liquid silk. After a week there swimming in the pool and using the mineral water shower or bath in your room your hair and skin feel smooth and beautiful. My favorite treatment is the mud bath and facial combo, when you leave after your treatment you feel wonderful and totally relaxed. Love this place!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the far side of the complex, they are quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa? Share your experiences!