“One day in paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Springs Resort and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Indian Springs Resort and Spa
You added Indian Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
1712 Lincoln Ave., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
“One day in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent a whole day at the spa and pool. We did not spend a night but we will in the future! We had major regrets because we did not stay the night! It was lovely! This was our grand daughter's first experience at a spa! She is two months old and was so relaxed all day! My son and I had massages and this was a perfect esperience! The pool felt amazing especially because I have soriatic arthritis and I am always sore! Even my sinuses felt better right after the massage! The showers and service were superb! The grounds were beautiful and peaceful!

• Stayed July 2013
Brian R, General Manager at Indian Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Costapapson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the resort. We are thrilled that you and your family had a wonderful day at our spa.

Regards

Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Southlake, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel specifically to have their mud bath treatments. When we pulled in, it was a confusing hodge-podge of buildings, a bit spread apart. Not as charming as it looked on the website. We had an upstairs lodge room. It's really a renovated motel. The room was small, clean, and done in tasteful colors. The room had one small chair to sit in. On the small patio outside, there were a couple of small chairs and a small table. Nowhere to prop your feet or get comfortable. Your semi-private patio is separated from your neighbors by a small curtain panel. That's it. There is no privacy for conversations, yours or theirs. People can walk past you, which they did, as the curtain panel only goes out about 4 of the 10 feet depth of the patio. It would have been nice to have had the option to at least close your section off with a longer curtain. The room has a large picture window that looks out onto the patio. It's about three feet from the bed. You feel like you're in a fish bowl without the patio being private. My husband and I enjoyed the mud baths and massage. You are separated, male and female. We were the only patrons in the mud bath area during our baths, which was nice. FYI, they have room for five or six people to be taking a bath at the same time out in a large open area. In the morning, they serve only coffee and tea which you have to go fetch. Check out time is at 11am. If you check out past that, you are told you will incur a $200 charge. They have a lot of rules... They didn't go out of their way to give great customer service or added amenities like breakfast, mini-frig, coffee pot. Comparing Indian Springs to places we stayed in Napa, St. Helena, and Tiburon during this trip, they were priced far too high for what you got.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PenelopesTripDiary,

I did want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the resort. I am sorry to read that you felt your experience was different than our website suggested. I can absolutely guarantee you that we try to always be honest and truthful in all of our marketing materials. We are proud of who we are and we definitely do not try to hide it.

We are always willing to listen to our guest feedback and make changes where we can. I did want to make a couple of corrections to your commentary. We do have mini-fridges in our lodge rooms (this was a new addition this year after hearing the feedback from our guests). Also we do not have 5 guests in a mudbath at one time, we rotate the tubs so that we have time to sterilize between guests.

We pride ourselves in having excellent customer service and I will definitely follow up with all of our staff and management team to ensure that this is our focus. I do believe that most people will find that our pricing is similar to other properties in the Napa area.

Thank you again for your feedback. We truly care about our guest experience and will continue to strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful memorable experience at the resort.
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We love love love this place so much !! Front desk (Drina) warm and genuinely nice. Mineral pool is heaven on earth. You simply cannot be stressed here. Meant to stay one night and ended up spending two. Thank you Indian Springs for the gorgeous atmosphere and lovely room. See you soon!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband booked us at Indian Springs for a spa day. Not knowing what to expect or what exactly he had booked made this a bit of an adventure. You are handed robes, told to change and put your belongings in a locker. You're then escorted to showers and asked to shower down (guess it's time to get publically naked), you are then walked to a giant concrete tub filled with mud. You slide yourself in and then a very nice girl covers up all your bits and pieces with giant handfuls of steaming hot mud. You're in there for about 15 min, then helped out, asked to shower the mud off and then into a tub filled with mineral water for a soak. After another 15 min or so, you're then off to the 3rd circle of hell (the steam room). I made it a grand total of about 90 seconds before fleeing the torture. If you like hella hot steam rooms, then this is the place for you! I'm not sure how long you are supposed to stay in there, but I couldn't do it and had to leave. I was then walked down to a quiet room, told to lie down and they gave me a cold washcloth over my eyes along with cucumber slices. After 10 min, I was retrieved and walked to another area for my hour long massage. Bliss, pure bliss. Molly is a miracle worker and she may now be on my Christmas card distribution list. I digress.... All in all it was a good day at the spa and I would estimate that about 5 people had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing me naked. So, if nakidity is good with you, then I highly recommend the full treatment (except the 3rd circle of hell).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Coto de Caza, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I were able to reserve Cottage 6, a one bedroom with bathroom, living room, and a kitchen without a stove, but a big fridge, a sink, and a microwave - plus dining table for 4. Recently restored, it felt like a resort from old Hollywood days, only better. Bed - really comfy. FLat screen TV, but we did not turn it on. Fantastic, Olympic sized pool heated and fed with water from a geyser that would shoot 60 feet high all day if they did not cap it off. Refurbished dressing rooms were comfortable and cute with red and white striped curtains on their dressing rooms. Hotel residents can use the pool from dawn until midnight - day spa users get from 10-6. There are several new fireplace pavillions with super, deep and comfy furniture to relax on. There are hammocks all over the grounds - one is right for you! They also have a number of giant games - like chess and checkers, bocci ball, shuffle-board, and more. There was a volleyball net behind our cottage, in addition to a hammock and two chaise lounges. There was also a beautiful bar-b-q area, two bar-b-ques and a large dining table and chairs. We cooked our own dinner out there. Service was first class. Everybody tried their best to help us out and accommodate us when we wanted to stay an additional night in a cottage. There is a new lodge there with 25 or so rooms - we heard it is smallish, but we did not actually look at the rooms so you will have to check other reviews. The spa was fun - I had a mud bath, which felt like heaven, and then the best massage of my life! I wish I could have bottled that! There is a special area called Buddha's Pond with relaxation areas, and even a floor with radiant heating and a large fireplace. PLUS, you can snoop over by the geysers and get some interesting glimpses, but still stay safely away from being burned by the boiling water. I gave this spot 4 stars since they did not have a restaurant, but it was GREAT in every other respect. Lots of interesting restaurants, great food, interesting shops, and beautiful scenery to drive through. You are in the Napa Valley, and visiting the wineries and tastings are a big attraction for some folks. For me it was all about the pool and swimming in that awesome mineral water. Oh yeah, and connecting with my husband. It's a great connecting spot. Romantic, comfy, fun, and that pool!

Room Tip: Cottage 6 has a handicaped accessible shower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This resort was my idea of the perfect place to stay. They take very good care of you, and pay attention to detail- but it is unassuming and relatively unpretentious. I also loved having the kind of service and quality but still being walking distance to Main St. in Callistoga- the perfect combination of a retreat and not feeling trapped in a resort. It has a wonderful sense of early 1960s style. (Well maintained! You just sort of expect Rock Hudson to walk around a corner at any moment.) The rooms are charming, and in the lodge each have a (semi) private porch with chairs and a blanket. The hammocks scattered around the property are heavenly. The mineral pool is warm, pleasant, and really refreshing. The spa is extremely well done- not a bit over done, but extremely nice. They rent bikes for free, and provide maps to get to Sterling and other smaller vineyards- definitely do it. (Although the bikes are 1 speed, and there is a rental shop just down the main street with slightly better bikes for an hourly price.) Definitely do the mud bath. I had never done one before, was curious about the fuss, and it was amazing. Absolutely going through Indian Springs withdrawal now that I'm home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nicely appointed rooms, but for $425/night for a cottage, there were some basic amenities that I would have expected. We had a nice trip, but it feels like the price should be lower.
Pros
+ great bed, nice bathroom, several tvs
+ great massages
+ very close to town - an easy walk
+ fun to float in the warm pool. Great place for long conversations and very relaxing.

Considerations
- really weak wi-fi signal. I had to go to the local coffee shop to be able to send most emails
- no in-room phone. Not critical, but you have to go to the front desk or use your cell to call anyone at the hotel
- no gym or fitness classes

Room Tip: Request a cottage away from the main road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Indian Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!