“TWICE IS NICE” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
JoLe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
San Francisco, California
“TWICE IS NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The rating for this restaurant should have 6 stars. We ate there our first night in town and everything we ordered was top drawer. Since they have no competitors in town that compare to them at all, we returned the next night and it was the same experience.

Please note that this is the little sister to the incredible La Auberge high class restaurant. The little sister is not as expensive but they give the big gal a run for her money.

The wait staff was not only friendly and homey but they knew all about the dishes.

Wonderful experience and if you go (or should I say when you go), be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This was recommended to us by our hosts at a local B and B that we were staying at. We ordered the four course tasting menu and had a wide variety of offerings. My wife had the wine pairing. The courses were small but delightful with amazing sauces and flavors. The service was excellent and my wife reported that the wine pairings were good. It was an excellent evening with outstanding food rarely found here in the states.

Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Degustation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was by far the best meal I ate in California, accompanied by splendid wines. I had the three course degustation and thoroughly enjoyed every course. The wines were well matched and full of fruit, which I always love! The service was very good. I was alone but did not feel out of place, which I think was due to the waitstaff's friendly and attentive nature. It was an expensive night out, but for the quality of food and wine, well worth the splurge. Try it yourself. I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Benicia, California
“Oh my - now I get it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Our b&b recommended Jole for the first dinner of our honeymoon. Special & delicious was the promise and boy was it ever. Warm and welcoming from the get go - we had the tasting menu and, after confessing I don't know much about wine, really enjoyed the delightful intro to wine and wine pairings offered by the charming Josh.

We LOVED the food, the atmosphere, the way the wine and food complimented each other. Highlights: husband loved the octopus, we both loved the lamb's tongue -amazingly tender - so delicious. Pork belly special was yummy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Pairing delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant by glancing at the menu from the sidewalk. Little did we expect the delightful experience the next evening. The offerings are diverse and interesting, which is what attracted us, but they offer a tastings selection where one can pick three to five items from the menu, and wine pairing selected by their sommelier. The last additional course is desert, also with optional wine pairing. I strongly recommend this plan of culinary action. I was truly impressed with the foods and wine paired with each course. I had the Hawaiian Poke, Potato Gnocchi, Mediterranean Octopus, and Lamb Tongue. All were perfect. The finish with Flour less Chocolate Hazelnut Decadence with a Port just topped it off. This all in a relaxed and friendly setting. Enjoy!

Visited June 2014