“wonderful meal on valentine's day” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
JoLe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
Beverly Hills, CA
“wonderful meal on valentine's day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

was with my platonic friend and opted to not go with the fixed menu. Everything we had was amazing except the striped bass. Had to wait 20 minutes for our table and ended up sitting at the bar but the food was wonderful

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Neerach
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

If you stay in Calistoga this restaurant is a must! Great food great wine and very friendly stuff! Try the 4/5 or 6 course menue with wine selection.
We come back!

San Francisco
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had a wonderful meal here! A girlfriend and I were wanting a fancy meal, and JoLe was just down the block from the resort we were staying at. We absolutely loved the menu, the cocktails, and the ambiance.

We each got a five course tasting menu and shared everything.

First Courses:
-Lamb Poutine: This was a very delicious dish, however the portion was very small and not the poutine I am used to. If I had ordered this as a main dish, I would have left the restaurant starved. The dish itself was very tasty.
-Brussel Sprouts: Probably one of our favorite dishes of the night. The flavors were spot on. We were very happy we ordered this.

Second Courses:
-Seared Tuna: This was fantastically delicious. It was peppery and complex and probably the best seared tuna I've had to-date. The fish tasted very rich, and it was clear that the quality was very high.
-Bone Marrow: Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. Served with a delicious salad and crostinis, this truly felt like a delicacy. The marrow was buttery and rich, and was perfect spread across the crostinis. I even topped the crostini with a little pinch of salad, and it was like a little open faced sandwich. Absolutely must order this dish.

Third Courses:
-Axis Venison: So freaking good. I rarely eat venison, but this dish reminded me that I should be ordering it more. The cut of meat was just the right size, and it was cooked to perfection. It is served in a hazelnut cream, and a gastrique of huckleberry. Very interesting and complex arrangement of flavors. Another favorite dish of the night.
-Molasses Glazed Quail: GROSS. This was our least favorite dish of the night. It was greasy and had a wildfire smoke taste. The risotto it was served along side was undercooked and inedible. We sent it back.

Fourth Courses:
-Iberico Pork Shoulder: Nice dish. Was a little on the rare side for my taste. Would have preferred if it was a little crispier. The roasted apple and raisin gastrique was a lovely addition.
-Mt. Lassen Trout: The trout had a very strong flavor, which we didn't mind. I could see someone else being turned off by the sheer fishiness of the dish. The sear on the skin was divine, as was the lollipop kale served on the side.

Dessert Course:
-Coconut Cream Pie: Dreamy, creamy, melt in your mouth, delicious. Recommend.

Least Favorite Dishes: Lamb Poutine and Quail
Favorite Dishes: Seared Tuna, Axis Venison, and Brussel Sprouts

Our one trepidation in returning would be that we weren't fond of our server. Rather, she did not seem fond of us. She was indifferent and didn't appear all that knowledgeable when it came to the menu. Additionally, she was constantly averting eye contact, which made us uncomfortable. We felt that she perhaps thought we were going to give her a bad tip (we were the youngest people in the restaurant). However, we didn't let her spoil our meal and we gave her a generous tip.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Undisclosed Location
“It Was So Nice We Dined There Twice ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had dinner at JoLe on two consecutive nights in December. On both visits we ordered the tasting menu which at either four or five courses included a selection of entrées or main dishes with one course for dessert. Among our party we had a variety of dishes including the brussels sprouts which were good but the peppers were a bit overpowering; a marinated octopus dish with olives that was also good but best when the ingredients were mixed together; a seafood dish and short ribs that were mouth watering delicious. I opted for the selection of cheeses for the desert course but the lemon tart was also delicious. We brought some very special bottles of wine and since we had bought them from a local wine shop the staff was very accommodating re a corkage fee. Our waiter Cooper was very good and offered great suggestions for our tasting menu selections. Both evenings were thoroughly enjoyable and we will definitely visit JoLe again on our next visit.

“Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was so delicious and I ate all of it. Everything I had was inventive and fun and yummy and it made me smile. Even the bread was super yummy and I had trouble not eating all of that with the butter too.