We started coming to Calistoga Spa for the past 3 years now. It is nice and quaint. Our tradition is Mother's Day and the plan for the day is the ladies have spa treatments and the guys and teens hang around the poolside. There are alot of families with small and teenagers. They bring coolers and own food or you can walk to the deli to get really good sandwiches etc but it's pricey. It's first come so groups do arrive about 1 hour prior to opening because they have a limit (maybe 50 dayuse).
We have had the mudbath and mineral bath both with 1 hr massages. I like the mudbaths and didn't care for mineral baths (not a soaking bath type). All were nice and clean. Be prepared to go all natural. The attendants are kind and attentive. You don't want to wear a bathing suite in the mud baths-believe me it is more of a mess. The mud bath is warm/hot and soothing like a big scrub bath. Don't stress over it being clean. They clean it and wouldn't want anyone getting sick-it;s their business.
I was happy 2 of the 3 past massages.. I guess you should make it clear with your theapist what type of massage you like. The prices are fair but to be able to have the rest of the family use the dayuse pools this is the trade off. Most of the resorts/facilities in town that have mineral pools (not all do) do not allow day use only. Each person has to have a spa treatment and or stay overnight in hotel.
One thing is they stress or push the gratuity issue, towel attendant,
mud bath, mineral bath everyone.I realize it is an added bonus but you already are paying a fair amount. Figure it out as it's not a huge ordeal but it is noticed.
- Also Known As:
- Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Hotel
- Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Hot Springs Calistoga
- Calistoga Hot Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect place for an enjoyable stay in the Napa Valley. We offer 57 comfortable rooms which are equipped with kitchenettes. Included with your stay is complimentary use of the four outdoor mineral pools and exercise room. We provide a setting which you can make your visit as restful or as active as you like.We offer traditional volcanic ash mud baths which include mineral baths, steam baths and blanket wraps. A massage is a pleasant way to complete your spa experience. With separate spa areas for men and women, attendants will assit you through your service so all you have to do is sit back and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Calistoga Spa Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.