“relaxing times at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs” 5 of 5 stars

Winter in the Wineries
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
GreenLeadersGold level
San Rafael, California
“relaxing times at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been coming here for years. 3 wonderful outdoor mineral pools, super clean rooms recently updated. Kitchenettes and bbqs too. Family Friendly unpretentious feel but not over run with kids. located a block off the main drag which is nice. It used to be relatively inexpensive but I guess times have changed. Still worth it though for a relaxing get a way. Full spa but no wine hour or breakfast included even though room fees have gone way up as well as day use. This is still my favorite Calistoga spot after all these years..Great for family gatherings. Lots of tables and chairs around pool and nicely landscaped. The our side of hotel almost looks motel like but I think that is part of its charm. Very nice inside. I love the second floor rooms and being able to look out over the pool.

Green Features: They are pretty good. Only get new towles/sheets when you request them.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Osos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've been enjoying this place for so long, we're VIPs! It's our go-to for R&R. After parking the car, we pretty much stay put, spending the day going from pool to pool, sun to shade. It's a great place for practicing relaxation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eureka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family has been coming here once or twice a year for 20 years now. We started coming because this was the only kid friendly hotel in Calistoga back in the day. It also helped that they have four different pools with different temperatures and we could easily see our kids moving from one pool to another. I like hanging out in the 100 degree soaking pool, and my kids like to go back and forth between the pools, the lounge chairs and the little kiosk with drinks and small treats.
When coming with the kids and several of their friends, we would stay in the "corner" rooms downstairs where we could barbecue and eat outside. Those rooms were a bit dated, but the management has over the years remodeled most rooms. If the only rooms available were the older rooms, I would gladly take them even when I come on a getaway with my girlfriends.
Every time I come, I make sure to arrange for the mud bath and a massage but never on the last day because I am too relaxed to drive after that. The mud bath here is the best experience in the whole town (I tired most places over the years). If they are too busy and I am unable to make lodging reservations here, I will stay elsewhere, but I will come for the spa treatments. They are well designed, super clean, friendly and the blanket wrap is sooo relaxing after the hot mud, mineral water, and steam bath.
Another thing that makes the vacation here a treat is the fact that you don't need to drive. Pleasant downtown offers a safe place to visit. There is a Cal Mar market across the street with awesome cheese, olive, local wine and bread selection and fabulous deli and produce. There are also plenty of good restaurants worth trying.
It doesn't matter what season or weather you catch here. The fabulous hot mineral water makes everything magically disappear. The only issue I ever have is planning three moths ahead. They book fast. It is pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: For couples, the upstairs room are better. For families, I prefer the downstairs rooms. The suite ab...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a relaxing weekend! We lounged by their 4 pools, including a huge covered pool that was 104 degrees. My stiff shoulders became so much more relaxed. They also have a small snack bar that serves ice cold drinks, including free water. If I had planned ahead I could have BBQed our dinner on one of their numerous BBQ/picnic table areas which surround the pool. Our room was nicely air conditioned when it got too hot. Plus, it had a refrigerator, 2 burner stove, coffee maker and refrigerator. Super fun and relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Our upstairs room overlooked the pool but was still quiet. Had some wifi issues from time to time...
Green Features: They do a great job of collecting recycling. They encouraged us to re use towels, including letting us use our towels by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Kellie S, thank you for the review and for pointing out some of our Green efforts. We are listed as a Green Hotel - Gold Level on Trip Advisor and proud to be so. Cheers, Mike Lennon
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't be alarmed when you first pull up, like I was. We booked here for an extended weekend with family, and upon arrival, from the outside where you park, it looks a bit like a motel. They really should landscape around the parking lot side better. That was the first and only bad experience we had here.

The rooms were great, the staff was very friendly. And the hot tubs, wow. The hottest one was 104 degrees, under a large gazebo type structure. It is about 4 feet deep and quite large, and absolutely amazing.

The middle pool is slightly cooler and larger, then the largest pool is slightly cooler than that one.

We tried all 3 of them during our stay there, and used them repeatedly. I went out shooting with my camera one morning, came back around 7:30 am and got right in. The water was perfect.

They have a refreshments stand by the pool, but they were not able to just charge it to you room (kind of odd) so bring cash, or even easier, just walk up the street and get whatever you need from the liquor store, or of course bring your wine from any of the awesome wineries in the area. We went through several bottles sitting around the pool.

The bonfire pit between the 2 larger pools is pretty great too, seats about 15ish people, get there early in the evening if you expect a spot though, it fills up.

Plenty of great restaurants just up the street within walking distance. I think we tried all of them.

Everything about this place, other than the initial trepidation when we pulled up, was fantastic. We will definately be staying here again next time we're visiting Napa.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor looking down on the pool area, you get a great backdrop with the mountains...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Sam C, we appreciate the great review you provided us and the town of Calistoga. We are holding off on the landscape around Gerard st. as the drought in Cali is pretty bad right now so we are doing our part to conserve as much as possible. Great to see folks from Jersey finding our property. Cheers, Mike Lennon (originally from Brick Township, parents are from Bayonne)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I booked a mud bath and a massage here during our visit to Napa Valley. We were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and professionalism with which we were treated. The mud bath was awesome, as was the mineral bath. The only negative was that the men and women have separate spa rooms, so I couldn't be with my wife. Nonetheless, it was a great way to relax along with the massage we received. A definite perk is that you get access to the pools with any massage or mud bath you purchase. Being in the natural spring fed pools surrounded by beautiful scenery is what Calistoga is all about.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello elchaco, thank you for the review of our spa and the pools. You caught the vibe of Calistoga with the last line of the review, " Being in the natural spring fed pools surrounded by beautiful scenery is what Calistoga is all about". Cheers, Mike Lennon - GM
Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I came back again this year after positive experience last summer. The facility is top notch in all aspects. Family friendly yet nice for couples. Great pools to relax in and the room was upgraded and spotless. The Napa valley is spendy so the price is what it is. All things concise red worth the money. Calistoga is a quaint town with nice restaurants. More down to earth then other areas in Napa Valley. We'll be back... For the STAR rating it gets an excellent from us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Calistoga Spa Hot Springs? Share your experiences!