“Best hotel in Calistoga” 5 of 5 stars

Girls Getaway for 2
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Best hotel in Calistoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My favorite hotel in Calistoga by far. I have been coming here since I was in a kid with family. And now come often with my boyfriend to get away and relax. I love their spa. Book in advance! They have three amazing pools and a HUGE jacuzzi. They just remodeled the entire place, and everything looks amazing. Can't wait to go back and visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello Suzy, Thank you for continuing to be one of our faithful guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Cheers, Mike Lennon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

What an excellent time! The room was very nice, clean and comfortable; the staff was so accomodating. The 3 different temperature mineral pools were soooo relaxing and theaputic...then just when you think it can't get any better you make your way to the spa!!! The spa manager, Nora Schaeffer, knew exactly what I needed!!! She started me out with a mud bath, which was amazing in it's self, then on to a mineral bath and after that the steam bath. Then she finished me up with a massage! My mud bath attendant, Tish, took care of my every need giving me refreshing cucumber and lemon mineral water to drink and cold wash towels to keep me cool and comfortable. Johnathan was my masseuse, he was outstanding....what an awesome massasge, I was so relaxed at the end of this excellent experience! I wiil be back to this wonderful place in Calistoga!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Patrice P, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Nora and Jonathan will be pleased to see the results of their efforts. Cheers, Mike Lennon - GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Spa treatment here was AMAZING! We started with the mud bath, and as suggested by Nora Shafer, Spa Manager, we finished with a massage. Gosh, she sure knew the secret! The sequence of events involved with the mud bath was exhilarating for the flesh and soul. The treatments were phenomenal, primarily because of the personal service from Nora and Erica, my mud bath assistant, and Johanna, my masseuse. These professionals knew how to eliminate all modesty and focus on ensuring simple, worry-free pleasures. The hotel property overall is exceptional. We're half a block away from Calistoga's main vein, an easy walk and in awesome climate here in late July/early August.

Room Tip: Ground floor room gave us a patio table, umbrella, and ample walking space (while upstairs above us...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hayward, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The pools very nice, but the room very poor with ripped curtains. Really bad view and not good air conditioner. I will pay for the pools (pools don't cost $250.00 per day) but not for the room. A motel will be better and a lot more chip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and it shows. The accommodations were comfortable and the location was within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. The pool was very enjoyable. Although our room was right by the pool, we were not disturbed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ojai, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good: Within walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, shopping. Rooms nicely remodeled and very spa like. Kitchen is great. Air conditioners cooled well. Bathroom very roomy and spa like. Jacuzzi was nice and large with good jets. Medium size pool nice and warm. Large pool good for swimming laps.
BAD: Room 131 is located on a corner downstairs next to housekeeping laundry and day use entrance door, stairway and walk way that comes from the lobby. So, its very noisy and busy with people traffic. Day use people took all the chairs, pooped in the pool, and police called due to loud noisy children screaming. When we asked if I could pay for and bring day guests from SF, they said not on weekends unless they paid for spa service starting at $57.00. Rooms need drying racks! Day use people appear to take much of front desk priority. There is no BELL HOP OR CONCIERGE!!!! Parking is tenuous at best. Be careful when booking the rooms, apparently if you ask for two queen size beds, they tell you there aren't any. But what they don't tell you is there are rooms with 2 REGULAR full size beds available. I had to call at least 4 times to book a room due to miscommunication with front desk phone clerk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello lane2Ojai, I want to start out by offering my apologies for the behavior of a few of our guests this past weekend. It is unfortunate when a few people affect the overall guest experience and we look for this to be an isolated occurrence. I will work with our team on adding drying racks to the rooms as well as addressing the other items in your review. We can only learn from our guest’s feedback and I appreciate you sharing this with us. Thank you, Mike Lennon - GM
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just enjoyed four nights here with our kids. I am surprised there are not more reviews because this place has apparently been around a long time. It was our first stay.

The rooms are basic motel rooms with kitchenettes (a minimal amount of dishes, pots and silverware, no oven or dishwasher and very small refrig). This is helpful to us when we travel with our kids. There is airconditioning and heat.

There are 4 pools, one is a jacuzzi only for adults, one is a warm pool (around 100 degrees) that kids and adults can go in, one is a regular pool for kids and adults and one is a warm pool for little kids that is 1 1/2 feet. My kids absolutely loved this pool area. It is remodeled and lovely and there are a lot of kids.

There are also outside tables for dining and charcoal grills adjacent to the tables.

There is a basic gym without typical outdated equipment, but very usable. They offer spa treatments, but I didn't partake.

We stayed in a king upstairs, which was a little difficult because there is no elevator. Also, those rooms are not remodeled. Many of the rooms have been.

The hotel is within walking distance of the main street that runs through Calistoga which has a bunch of restaurants and a grocery store. We even walked to the farmers market one morning. Very well situated.

We will definitely return and will request a remodeled room downstairs.

Room Tip: Request one of the remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Calistoga Spa Hot Springs? Share your experiences!