On a December morning, the mist looks like dragon's breath rising from the pools. The diversity of having 3 pools assures something for everyone's needs. The octagon hot pool is 104 and you have a clear view of Mt. St. Helena while you are warming up. The middle pool is right around 99 degrees. The olympic size swimming pool is warm too. And there is a wading pool for kids. I have been going there for 30 years, but this was the first visit where we were given one of the remodeled rooms. The rooms have a kitchenette, and now there is a microwave. The heating is a huge improvement with a zone heater and remote control. The subtle earth tones were lovely and the big shower was so comfortable. The new plantation shutters do not shut out enough light and so the room stays fairly light, which was a negative for me. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can hear so many languages at the spa that you think maybe you are in the Baltic or some other exotic space. This visit there were Russians, Japanese, Chinese spa lovers, and a lovely Romanian couple. You needn't drive anywhere because shopping, and restaurants are all very close by. Whether you are coming from far away, or a short distance, it is a little world unto itself, and a great place for a change of pace.
- Also Known As:
- Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Hotel
- Calistoga Spa Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Hot Springs Calistoga
- Calistoga Hot Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect place for an enjoyable stay in the Napa Valley. We offer 57 comfortable rooms which are equipped with kitchenettes. Included with your stay is complimentary use of the four outdoor mineral pools and exercise room. We provide a setting which you can make your visit as restful or as active as you like.We offer traditional volcanic ash mud baths which include mineral baths, steam baths and blanket wraps. A massage is a pleasant way to complete your spa experience. With separate spa areas for men and women, attendants will assit you through your service so all you have to do is sit back and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Calistoga Spa Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.