“The whirlpool rooms are great” 4 of 5 stars

Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“The whirlpool rooms are great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a review for the King Room with Whirlpool. The room was great, very spacious, just like the bathroom, with a shower and a large whirlpool tub that opens out on the bedroom through a large window. The hotel itself is very nice, just off the 101, and there is a shopping center with stores and restaurants nearby. Downsides: the staff could be more friendly and the breakfast is quite expensive, considering what I was already paying for the room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After another perfect stay at this Hilton location - There is nothing I would change ( they have recently renovated ), a restaurant that is full serve in the lobby, great front desk ( very helpful especially their newest addition from Chicago), room immaculately clean with a friendly housekeeping staff that follows through on any requests- convieant location . I would never stay any where else when in this area. Congratulations on doing everything right!

• Stayed December 2012
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed for three nights in December - room was just what we expected, clean, quite. A little small, but very reasonable. Breakfast was fine - again, what we expected. What was impressive were the front desk staff. They were so friendly and personable, really great with my kids and were very quick to offer suggestions for places to visit, directions, etc....

Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First, let me say that I'm a loyal Hilton member and always look for Hilton brands when traveling for business or pleasure. My trip was part pleasure and business. I do have to say the hotel property and rooms were very nice - clean and comfortable. Just as I would expect from Hilton. My issue was with a front desk employee. I notified the hotel 14 hours in advance that I would be checking out a day early and asked if I could have a later check out time. The person on the front desk confirm my new check out day and late check out of 2PM. I was having lunch at a cafe adjacent to the hotel and received a call from the very rude and unprofessional front desk employee. He was very sharp and asked if I was still on the property. I explained I was next door having lunch and he 'couldn't believe that I hadn't checked out'. I explained that I had made arrangements for a late check out and since it was only 12:15, I would be out by 2. He challenged me and acused me of making up permission for a late check out. I left right away and when I came back to the hotel, asked him why he was so rude. He had such a bad attitude and again challenged that I had gotten permission for a late check out. He continued to be rude and even made faces at me as I checked out. I made a call to the customer service dept and was told the manager of the site would contact me - only contact was an automated survey which I completed with my complaints and have never heard from them. I am still a Hilton fan but will never go back to that property and have told everyone I can about my poor treatment. They should at least have follow up with me. Very poor service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shawn N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of assisting guests with situations such as a late check-out. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review and I look forward to resolving this with you further.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for a "parents night out." What we looked forward to the most was the spa. Well at check in, after check in rather, they informed us that the pool and spa were closed for the duration of our stay. Not only was this disappointing, it was more disappointing that they did not offer any compensation. I understand they're not really obligated too, however, at a nice hotel like they appeared to be (or a Hilton in general) I thought they would have done something,i.e. free drink at bar or complimentary meal. It was clear that this was one of the main reasons for us staying in a hotel to begin with. With that said the room was nice, standard, nothing overly special. Did have a fridge which is always nice. They had a small bar and the breakfast was good. Overall it was a nice stay in a pretty place. Perfect for a quick night in, not great for a special stay. I give it a very good because it was overall a nice hotel and the staff was friendly. I left a dress in the closet and they were very quick to check with house keeping to retrieve it for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Due to the construction and age of the hotel there was considerable noise transmission from hallway areas and other rooms to my room - I found it annoying. Moving to another room would have been more disruptive.

The breakfast was a mix of buffet and short order grill. The first day of my stay it was so bad that i complained to management. After that there was a noticeable improvement.

The nasty surprise was that the hotel staff initially thought that it was OK to leave everyone's bill in the hallway on checkout day! I did speak to a manager who initially denied it, however the pictures that I took of bill copies lying in the hallways left little room for argument.

Management at this location obviously has a problem. Issues such as I described would not occur with proper supervision and competent management would not be accepting as a matter of course untruthful denials from lazy/incompetent staff. BEWARE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is not a bad hotel by any means, nor is it great. If you go to HGI's, this place will be familiar. The rooms are comfortable. I cannot say if they are noisy - I was in 302 which is far away - and it was quiet. I do not think I had people next to me. The breakfast was nice, the internet is capped at 2Mb download max (annoying but not super bad), the people are great.

The location is tough to beat if you have business in Calabasas. There are nice restaurants nearby and getting back to LAX gives you a couple options (over the hill or 405).

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces east, high floor.