“Homes of the rich and famous” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Exclusive Holiday Rates
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Cathedral City, California
“Homes of the rich and famous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Calabasas is a beautiful community with unlimited views of high end gated developments and wonderful amenities. However, the options for visitors appear to be very limited and we found only a few restaurants that offer higher level quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went to check this place out and stayed three nights for a decent price. It is walking distance to the commons and right off the 101 so great neighborhood for staying in suburban LA. The lobby looked great but the one complaint I would have is the elevator which you might as we'll take the stairs because you may have to wait a bit with luggage and they only have one for the whole hotel so cleaning staff was also using it. The halls were a bit dingy but the rooms were excellent so our worries were at ease, with large bathrooms and a lot of space. The first night we stayed in a room overlooking the 101, so not so great but the staff was very helpful and we had a room change which fixed that. Would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Some rooms face the 101 and can be noisy so be sure to double check when booking
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at the Anza Hotel, December 11th-13th. The hotel is located in a beautiful area north of Los Angeles. I booked my reservation here for two nights because of the excellent customer reviews I read on Trip Advisor.

The city of Calabasas is truly a wonderful area to stay in if you have to travel to Los Angeles on business or leisure. The environment in Calabasas is clean, and the people who reside there are very friendly. There are a number of different restaurants and shops that are close in proximity to the hotel. I visited the grocery store Ralphs and Subway restaurant on several different occasions. However, I would comment that the traffic in Calabasas is very congested during rush hour. I would suggest waiting to travel to the hotel after 6PM.

The Anza Hotel has been completely renovated. Apparently, it was formerly a Courtyard of Marriott. My hotel room was very clean and comfortable. The design of the bathroom reminded me of a sleek hotel you might find in Las Vegas. It was pretty cool. My only complaint about the hotel was the traffic noise. The hotel is right off the freeway. I would suggest having the hotel book you in a room facing the parking lot. Overall, I would say I had a very nice stay at the Anza hotel. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Anza as we wanted to be close to los Angeles but not in the middle of all the fuss. So we decided that Calabasas would be noce to stay.
When we arrived it was already late as we had some trouble with our rental car, however the room was ready and we could directly "move in". It was a very spacious and clean room with a wonderful, also spacious bathroom with a walk in shower. In must say, I have stayed at 4 star hotels that weren't that good like the Anza!
There is a pool and a little gym and a bar in the hotel that serves Starbuck products. It was all in all a very nice experience. And if we will come to LA again we will defiitely stay at the Anza again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Calabasas, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed 22 days during home repairs. Would highly recommend Anza. Avoid the back rooms facing the freeway, unless you are hard of hearing. Staff was always helpful. The Graze Restaurant was convenient, well staffed and had excellent food, especially the salads.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the Anza over the Thanksgiving holiday and had a wonderful time - plenty of privacy in a pretty hotel room with an awesome staff and within walking distance of a lot of great shops. I highly recommend signing up with their mailing list too - when I signed up, I got a major discount on my room!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We like your conservation program. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room needs hooks to hang towels and clothing. Air and heating thermostat needs updating to make it easier on guests. Brave' Café very good and priced right.

Room Tip: Room was clean and spacious. Needs one or two hooks to hang jackets etc. Bathroom needs hooks for...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!