This was my second time in GNI Calabasas. I love the country feel, with the rolling hills surrounding, and easy drive to Malibu and LA. Its just off highway 101, but the noise shouldn't be a problem. As far as the Motel itself goes, please don't have too high expectations - its just a nice plain motel that is mostly clean and comfortable, and the best part is the low price. OK, the carpets look old and smelly, but if you can live with that, that's about the worst feature. You can buy a can of air freshener from Albertsons supermarket next door if you are sensitive to smells.
Rooms have a box-on-the-wall type air conditioner, but they are not too loud. A mini fridge, and a reasonable CRT TV with good number of channels. No free Internet, but its only $4.95 for 24Hrs if you want it. Beds are OK, not too bad, not too good. Bathroom is dated, as you would expect, but the housekeeping staff do an excellent job and the rooms are cleaned very well. Front desk staff courteous, no problems at all.
There is a coin operated laundry in the complex. There does not appear to be any elevators in the complex, but I'm sure the staff will assist you if you are unable to drag your baggage up to the 2nd floor.
They have a pool in the center courtyard, it looked nice, but I didn't use it.
I think the reception office closes fairly early, around 8:30pm so better check with staff what to do if you are planning to arrive late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Good Nite Inn, the number one economy hotel company in California. Come stay with us and you’ll discover what our loyal customers have come to expect time and time again: comfortable, clean, and modern accommodations at unbeatable prices. The Good Nite Inn Calabasas is an especially popular choice for parents and students visiting Pepperdine University and Pierce College. Conveniently located in Malibu Canyon on Ventura Highway 101, a short drive away from Malibu Creek State Park, Malibu, California, Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios Hollywood, IMAX Theatre, Santa Monica, California, Hollywood Wax Museum, and Six Flags Magic Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Good Nite Inn - Calabasas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn - Calabasas Hotel Calabasas
- Good Nite Hotel Calabasas