“It is good for a California Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49500 Seminole Dr, Cabazon, CA 92230   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Cabazon
California
“It is good for a California Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

We just recenly came back from one night stay here. The staff was pretty friendly except for the front desk. He seemed like he was too good to be working there and he did not smile at all. Housekeeping was pretty friendly. They gave us plenty of water, extra towels, and chocolates. The rooms looked pretty nice and the bathroom was huge. I was pretty impressed with the room. They had alot of 5cent machines. They had a few 1 cent machines. Loved the pool. Its 3 feet deep. I liked it because to me that was kid friendly. They also had a lazy river which was fun. I would certainly come back to this casino especially since it is right next to the outlets.

• Liked — shopping
  • Disliked — front desk should smile.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
perris californial
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

I took my family on a holiday weekend to morongo casino.I had A very bad experience with the employee working that night. I was having A good time gambling ,until one of the dealer came to deal on the table I was at give me a bad night. She was mad at me because I had comment that she deal fast like a horse. She call a floorman to get me out of the table. Then worse of all the floorman call the supervisor. The supervisor came to kick me out of the table as well. Telling me that I can't gamble on that table I was at.,I could go to any other table but that. I was so mad that I wouldn't leave the table because I feel it was a discrimination. So the security had to kick me out. I would never ever step my feet in that casino no more. And I would recommend no body to spend their holiday over their as well. It seem like the floorman and the supervisor didn't care if they loose the consumer visiting at the casino. by Sally in Perris California.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — gamble for fun
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Cabazon hotels

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

Recently my husband and I booked a weekend getaway to Morongo resort and spa. To our disbelief, they treated my husband like a criminal because his source of identification was a US Permanent Resident Card (which is a federally issued identification card including his birthdate and fingerprint), which was backed up by an employment identification card issued by the US federal government...also with a fingerprint, and a drivers license of his country of origin. They refused to let us enter the bar and were told that he would not be able to drink alcohol on the premisis. When I took this issue to the restaraunt supervisor, he said "oh those are the ones those Mexicans use" no we don't except those. Despite the fact that my husband was served alcohol in three different areas of the casino earlier that day, (rightly so given that he is in his thirties), they refused to let him drink any further and even had a security guard tail us through the casino. I have never witnessed such blatant discrimination against my husband, just because he is not from this country. On top of that their rooms have thin walls and their poker room is the worst I have seen on the west coast. You would be much better off in Vegas or Los Angeles.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

Took the family there for a celebration for my mom's birthday, so the stay was primarily for her, but we all had a great time!.

Activities:

Besides the obvious gaming available, there were lots to do for non-gamblers and kids. I took my boys to the outlet stores nearby (virtually next door) and later took them to the bowling alley, which is on property, but not attached. However, they provided outstanding shuttle service - we never had to wait but a minute, and the drivers were friendly. To show you their service, we asked a bowling attendant to please call for a return shuttle. By the time we walked out the door, we could see the headlights of the shuttle! The bowling alley offered "Cosmic or Extreme" bowling with lots of loud music and lights. Kids and I loved it. The lanes, shoes, balls were very clean.

Our 10 year old boy spent some time in the extremely small arcade, which I thought was disappointing, but he did not mind.

The next day was spent by the pool. Had a great time on the lazy river, slide and hot tub. The pool area was quiet and well-maintained and not crowded at all.

Food:

The Portero Buffet was overpriced for the quality, but the kids and husband loved the"seafood" night. They even brought out a specially decorated chocolate cake (beautifully presented on a plate by the way) and sang happy birthday to my mother. I thought this was a nice touch for a buffet.

Fast food court had Fatburger, which we love, so no complaints there.

Rooms:

Nice sized and fairly clean. Love the large bathrooms. Our adjoining rooms had showers only, so that may be something you want to inquire about when checking in. The tile floor was looking a little tired and the towels were a bit rough and thin for a 4 diamond facility.

The windows were large and we had a nice view.

Check in and check out were easy and fast. Staff was friendly.

Best part:

I really was amazed that we had spa facility access with the resort fee. Usually the resort fee is only for ridiculous services that should be included in the room charge (e.g. parking, pool use), but here, we were able to use the spa facilities, including the indoor whirlpools, lockers and showers. All the usual spa amenities were available (soap, shampoo, shaver, lotion, deodorant, hair dryers, combs, etc...) along with flavored water and fresh fruit. I was truly impressed.

Overall, I was really happy with our stay. My mother really enjoyed her time especially because she actually won a little money!

The only downside is the overpowering smoke from smokers. They need a better filtration system because you are met with choking smoke immediately upon entrance to the hotel/casino.

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — The smoke and heavy security presence
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
south bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

Morongo is a joke !
We where told check-in was 3 p.m and had requested an early check-in and denied, no problem it was just a request, however we didn't get a room untill 5.pm. We went to use the pool and an employee told us he was closing the pool, this was at about 6:30
p.m. ( pool hours listed till 9:00 p.m.) . Food was over- priced.
Hated California style craps. At night casino area was so crowded
we really could'nt play. Watch out for hidden fee's on your bill.
over-all I was not pleased with my stay, it just felt like being nickle & dimed to death for everything. I will say that the best part of the weekend was the bartender in Cielo, very freindly and poured a drink that was worth the money. In the end, for the money they charged we could of gone to Vegas, where we've always had a good time.

Stayed April 2008
perris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

we used to go all the time but no more they got greedy and i have recommended my family who lives in vegas to come never will i do that again vegas is much better and you get more for your money .
morongo is the worst.

all of the indians reservations are bad they don't pay out.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

Exceptional service, free valet parking, beautiful rooms, friendly staff. I don't know what to say except excellent and exceeded all of our expectations. If I had one complaint, it would be some of the food was a little over-priced. But lets face it, when you're on holidays, its not such a big deal!!!!!
I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone.

• Liked — The rooms were beautiful
  • Disliked — Some food was a little pricey
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!