“Good value for your dollar” 4 of 5 stars

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49500 Seminole Dr, Cabazon, CA 92230   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Good value for your dollar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice spacious rooms.
Nice staff..
Great spa.Complete.
Huge swimming pool.
Great buffet...
The odds at the machines aren't too bad.
On the down side the spa hours are too short. Lacking in room entertainment,probably because they want you to go gambling,je je je.

Room Tip: Try and get one close to the elevator,it could be a long way to your room...they do have view choice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first impression upon attempting to make my reservation was very bad; got so mad at the first CS rep that I finally hung up on her. She could not answer any of my questions about transportation to and from the airport and just kept repeating her script even after I asked her to stop. I later talked to the valet manager who was very helpful and made my reservation through another CSR who was much friendlier and more knowledgable.

Check-in went smoothly with good service and the room was very nice and very clean. For the price, the room was excellent. They have one of those mini-bar fridges that you can't even open without getting charged, however, and I hate those. Lots of nice pillows on the bed, triple sheets and a comfy mattress.

I was there for a conference and the meeting rooms were nice and the service was good, keeping lots of water and mints at the ready and keeping things clean. Lunch was nothing special but was decent, probably more determined by the budget than the chefs.

I ate alone one night at the Serrano and got some of the best service I've ever had (I want to say his name was Enrique). As a solo diner, he made me feel very very comfortable and was very attentive. I had a chicken caesar salad which was really good - so good, I had one the next night.

The casino was clean and had lots of gambling options but was just way too smoky for me; I couldn't spend much time there.

I like that the casino is located near a HUGE outlet mall. Got my shopper on!

Room Tip: My room was behind the elevators and I could hear them going up and down at all hours but, fortunate...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
El Cajon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being Hotel Casino, this place need improvement in there basic room services, such as; drinking water, coffee and toilettress. The gambling area is better than the average casinos. The ambiance is festive. Casino cocktail services need some improvements. A.C. air cfm(cubic feet/minute air changes) need adjustment to a higher volume to clear the area of high cigarette smokes. Food Court area would improve if enclosed from casino area by glass wall. Middle Eastern menu would invite more customers. Adjust of hotel price by seasons, days and holidays would help. Regular and or first time gambler would be encourage by giving them free or discounted hotel accomodations. Such as Barona Casino's policy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I came here for an overnight date away from the kids. We booked a mountain view suite (Rm 22309) and I highly recommend this type of room. It was spacious, modern, and very well decorated. We loved being on the 22nd floor and looking out at the mountains. It seemed like a good value for price. The registration desk staff were fine, not good not bad. But I thought the bell staff and valet staff were exceptionally friendly. The casino itself was super smoky. So much that we nonsmokers just couldn't tolerate it. We're not big gamblers anyway, so we just decided not to spend time there. We had one drink at Serrano Bar and it was a little iffy. Really slow service, so-so martini, smoky. Then we had spa treatments at the in house spa. I will review the spa seperately, but in a nutshell - great massages, okay spa facilility. The best surprise of our mini-vacation was Cielo restaurant. Don't miss it. Up at top of the tower the view is wonderful. It's has a world class fine dining menu. Every dish was wonderful. I loved the quirky Vegas-meets-Tuscany insterior! Reasonably priced for the quality and great service. It was a find. We will find reasons to stop there occasionally just to eat at Cielo. So between the lovely room and a great dinner out, Morongo was a very nice experience.

Room Tip: I think it is well worth the extra cost to choose a "view" room up higher in the tower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After driving by and wondering for so long, I finally had the opportunity to stay at this property . The rooms were a pleasant surprise !Bed so comfy, nice and clean bright light and a lovely bathroom.What I was most amazed at was the staff. They must realty enjoy their job because they reflect such a positive attitude. Great food at Cielo. I even enjoyed the seafood buffet when most will tell you I don't do buffet's !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

First visit. Not impressed. Went there for weekend get away. RM 21206. Sorry we "bothered" the check in people. Had to ask how go get to room. No directions even when asked them. Chairs in room clean but stained. Looked like a few too many parties, chairs well worn. Chip on lamp. No one seemed to care at desk . At Pit Bar waitress tried to give us someone elses bill 5 times ours. At Spa could find no one for shower shoes to fit nor for towel for sauna. None out per regular customers. Went to opening cabinets to find one, finaly found one. This was weekend to destress.....

• Stayed January 2013

Travelers are raving about these Cabazon hotels

Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just back from a fun time at Morongo Casino and the Outlets at Cabazon and Desert Hills. the rooms are very spacious and well appointed, the casino restaurants were very good and with the package deal we had 2 free buffets and $30 casino credits a day. The service was exceptional and they were very accommodating.

Room Tip: Get a canyon view room floor 16
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!