“Denied my free room from Charity Event, Cruel and Cold People!” 1 of 5 stars

Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49500 Seminole Dr, Cabazon, CA 92230   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Denied my free room from Charity Event, Cruel and Cold People!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Don't stay here! I won a free room from a charity bingo night. I called and booked the room and gave them the code on the gift card to book the room. I drove out from Los Angeles and forgot the card and they refused to give me a room, even though I called and booked the room with the code. What a terrible place to punish someone who won a charity prize. It was for a Monday night, so I'm sure they had rooms open and I would have spent money on gambling, food, and drinks. I would have been happy to mail them the gift card in the mail. They have my credit card on file, so they could have waited to charge me. The people on the phone were cold and cruel. Please do not give them your business if they treat charity this way!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hacienda Heights, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have never been so embarresed in a casino such as Morango. I took my wife and my pregnate doughter age 21 for the first time to this casino. None of us have been there before so i thought lets go and have some fun spend some money. Well we arrived and we registered so we can get points on our card. The girls had to go to the restroom upon arriving so I decided while i was waiting i will play a slot machine. So I stood around for a little bit put $100 bill in and began to play. 2 Hrs later security comes to me and asked me to follow them and I asked what this is about and the stated they will explain when they take me to a waiting room but on the way they stated that I have done a theft. Shocked and my girls were even more shocked because they followed me I told them how can that be when I have $1,000 in my pocket. They stated that when I arrived I played someone elses machine that had $76 dollars credit. I told them I stood for a while no one was their. I did not notice any credits in the machine. They took my license put me in the there computer and I stated if this is the case then I have no problem paying this person but why would they walk away from the machine. Got no true answer and did not even introduce me to this person. Strongly belive they are scamming new comers. Well I paid and went along playing with my doughter and she had 10 cents over credit when we put $20 dollars in the machine. So I said not again I had put $20 in the machine next to hers when a regular saw me walk to get the security attendent to ask what to do because of extra credit the regular started playing with my money. Called security and they confirmed he was playing with my money and did not treat him the same as I was treated and hummiliated. The guy gave me my $20 back and nothing was done to the regular player. I will never go back to this casino and I recommend none of you go as well. If you are dumb enough to go do not register for a card. One of the security guards told me this happens all the time. Honestly I think I was burned, wrongly accused, treated bad and most of all embarrising for something they need to control. Good Luck

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cabazon hotels

Dunseith, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Havin driven through several states to attend and participate in a conference being held at the Morongo was a great experience. The staff service was great, the food was great, and the people are great....(not to many greats!..lol...but everything was fun and enjoyable) I"m very thankful (also) to the staff who found and sent me my valuable items I have left in my hotel room. I'm seriously thinking about making another trip from Dunseith North Dakota to the Mormngo! We'll have to wait and see!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I needed a night away from the house, kids and everyday life so decided to try Morongo. It was only a 90 minute drive from Los Angeles and the resort packages are great Sunday through Thursday. It was a perfect quick getaway. First I shopped at the outlet mall and found some amazing deals. Next I checked into my room at Morongo and was pleasantly surprised with room and the hotel. Next I treated myself to the spa and a 50 minute massage which was wonderful. In the evening I decided to try some gaming and had a great time. I love slots and this casino had plenty. Most were my favorite games just like in Vegas. Even won a few bucks to shop with the following day. I will absolutely return and perhaps make it a girl friends trip next time. Although I still love the excitement of Vegas this resort had everything I needed and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fort Hall, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I stayed in a suite during the Morongo Thunder and Lighting Powwow. From check in to check out our experience was great! Our bellman was friendly and informative. Shortly after we arrived in our room we received a fruit basket and Voss waters. Because we are traveling with our 4 year old we requested to lock the mini bar which was a breeze.
Our stay included passes the pool which is by far one of the best part of our stays with a lazy river and water slide along with a large lounging area and cabanas. We were offered Vibe nightclub passes which my brother happily took advantage. He summed the night up a awesome!
During our weekend stay we didn't leave the resort once. The dining was great and they did offer some breakfast items 24 hours. Where we were on vacation we slept in and miss the normal breakfast hours.
My family and I will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

i liked the casinos and the pool is great for the kids. the suites are very beautiful and i really like the buffet the food is awsome. the bowling is great they have pizza AND SNACKS and beer. they need more games for the kids. i can gamble all night with a good security watchin over the hotel entrance.

Room Tip: the suites are the best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the golf package at Morongo. From the moment we pulled up into the valet, we were greeted with an amazingly friendly staff. There was no waiting at registration and they gave us a room not only 2 hours early, but they also gave us a late check out because the spouse was going to be playing golf.

The package also included $30 in gaming and 2 buffets.

The room: Was clean, nicely appointed and the bathroom very roomy. Yes, as one reviewer mentioned, there was drilling, but it didn't start until late a.m. and ended early p.m., so it was never an issue.

The buffet: They had a variety of food, which was good.
The cafe: Went there for breakfast. Prices were comparable.

Activities: The outlet mall is just blocks away. Golf is 15 minutes away and according to the spouse, was a great course!

Gaming: My only complaint is that they did not have a non smoking casino. They only blocked off a few machines where people didn't smoke. For such a large casino, they really should have a bigger place for non smokers. By the time we checked out I felt like my lungs were full of 2nd hand smoke. Nothing against smokers though...that's their decision and they shouldn't get dirty looks from non smokers for just enjoying themselves and smoking freely..which they can't usually do in CA.

The casino had a variety of games, but needs keno machines....:)

Overall-Very impressed with the hotel, staff and services. Would recommend purchasing one of their packages since purchasing a room alone is not such a great deal.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: During construction, choose a lower floor. Canyon views are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!