“Quick get away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Beverly Hills, CA
“Quick get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I needed a night away from the house, kids and everyday life so decided to try Morongo. It was only a 90 minute drive from Los Angeles and the resort packages are great Sunday through Thursday. It was a perfect quick getaway. First I shopped at the outlet mall and found some amazing deals. Next I checked into my room at Morongo and was pleasantly surprised with room and the hotel. Next I treated myself to the spa and a 50 minute massage which was wonderful. In the evening I decided to try some gaming and had a great time. I love slots and this casino had plenty. Most were my favorite games just like in Vegas. Even won a few bucks to shop with the following day. I will absolutely return and perhaps make it a girl friends trip next time. Although I still love the excitement of Vegas this resort had everything I needed and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Hall, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I stayed in a suite during the Morongo Thunder and Lighting Powwow. From check in to check out our experience was great! Our bellman was friendly and informative. Shortly after we arrived in our room we received a fruit basket and Voss waters. Because we are traveling with our 4 year old we requested to lock the mini bar which was a breeze.
Our stay included passes the pool which is by far one of the best part of our stays with a lazy river and water slide along with a large lounging area and cabanas. We were offered Vibe nightclub passes which my brother happily took advantage. He summed the night up a awesome!
During our weekend stay we didn't leave the resort once. The dining was great and they did offer some breakfast items 24 hours. Where we were on vacation we slept in and miss the normal breakfast hours.
My family and I will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

i liked the casinos and the pool is great for the kids. the suites are very beautiful and i really like the buffet the food is awsome. the bowling is great they have pizza AND SNACKS and beer. they need more games for the kids. i can gamble all night with a good security watchin over the hotel entrance.

Room Tip: the suites are the best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the golf package at Morongo. From the moment we pulled up into the valet, we were greeted with an amazingly friendly staff. There was no waiting at registration and they gave us a room not only 2 hours early, but they also gave us a late check out because the spouse was going to be playing golf.

The package also included $30 in gaming and 2 buffets.

The room: Was clean, nicely appointed and the bathroom very roomy. Yes, as one reviewer mentioned, there was drilling, but it didn't start until late a.m. and ended early p.m., so it was never an issue.

The buffet: They had a variety of food, which was good.
The cafe: Went there for breakfast. Prices were comparable.

Activities: The outlet mall is just blocks away. Golf is 15 minutes away and according to the spouse, was a great course!

Gaming: My only complaint is that they did not have a non smoking casino. They only blocked off a few machines where people didn't smoke. For such a large casino, they really should have a bigger place for non smokers. By the time we checked out I felt like my lungs were full of 2nd hand smoke. Nothing against smokers though...that's their decision and they shouldn't get dirty looks from non smokers for just enjoying themselves and smoking freely..which they can't usually do in CA.

The casino had a variety of games, but needs keno machines....:)

Overall-Very impressed with the hotel, staff and services. Would recommend purchasing one of their packages since purchasing a room alone is not such a great deal.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: During construction, choose a lower floor. Canyon views are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked the romantic package as it appeared good value. Included in the package was a $30 gambling credit and a $50 dining credit. We checked in and were allocated a room on the 16th floor. On arriving on the 16th floor we could hear a very loud drilling noise coming from above. Somewhat perturbed we made our way to our room where the drilling noise was so loud it sounded like someone was trying to drill through the ceiling of our room. The noise was so intense that it hurt your ears and you needed ear protection. I contacted reception who initially said not to worry as the work would finish at 6.30pm - it was only 5.15pm at this point!!!!! I told her the noise was intolerable and we wanted another room. They agreed to move us and said there should have been a letter in the room and we should have been informed of the work at check in. Nothing was mentioned at check in and we had no letter in our room. I cannot believe any hotel would expect guests to put up with such a racket! We were relocated to the 11th floor where there was a letter in the room but this only apologised for dust - no mention of a pneumatic drill! Even on the 11th floor it was still possible to hear the noise but at least it was bearable. Put paid to any notions of romance! So in the evening we made our way to the casino to take advantage of our $30 credit. We were told to join the winners club to redeem our credit. We went to the winners club where we were told that our ID was not acceptable even though it was acceptable at check in. She insisted on passports which we did not have with us. She said she would credit $30 onto our room tab but if we gambled and won they would probably not honour the win!! Great! So we decided not to bother with the casino which had been the main purpose of our visit. Very disappointing experience. Would never return or recommend this place. This works scheduled to continue until 16th November so beware!

Room Tip: Go to Las Vegas!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen D, Manager at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear b19jfm,
We at Morongo sincerely apologize for the noise that you experienced while staying with us. We are currently refurbishing the hotel so that all guests in the future will continue to enjoy it and unfortunately, this work impacted you and your experience. In regards to your experience with our casino, unfortunately, gaming regulations are such that identification is paramount and required by all casinos and is part of our compact with the state, leaving us no alternative when a guest cannot provide identification. Regardless, we understand your disappointment and hope that we can have an opportunity to provide you a better experience in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Cabazon hotels

Pocatello, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the atmosphere, club, food and rooms! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had a very cool modern vibe.
Overall loved everything about this casino/resort. I plan on staying here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelanto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

i always turn to tripadviser for reviews before i go places, but this is my first review i'm writing myself. my mom, my sister, and i stayed here for 2 nights september 11th 2012 through september 13th 2012. the rooms were soooo nice, we loved them! the casino is nice, and very well maintained. the food court is a little small, but still good. we did not try cielo, but we did try the buffet. the buffet was pretty good, but not great. i took my $400 watch off to clean off grease i got on it from the tacos, and when i woke up the next morning i realized i left it on the table at the buffet the night before! luckily someone was nice enough to turn it in! the pool area and lazy river were just the best! maybe it's because it was september, but the pool was pretty much empty, which was great. so overall we had a gteat experience here. everyone was nice too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!