“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabazon
Pocatello, ID
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the atmosphere, club, food and rooms! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had a very cool modern vibe.
Overall loved everything about this casino/resort. I plan on staying here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Adelanto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

i always turn to tripadviser for reviews before i go places, but this is my first review i'm writing myself. my mom, my sister, and i stayed here for 2 nights september 11th 2012 through september 13th 2012. the rooms were soooo nice, we loved them! the casino is nice, and very well maintained. the food court is a little small, but still good. we did not try cielo, but we did try the buffet. the buffet was pretty good, but not great. i took my $400 watch off to clean off grease i got on it from the tacos, and when i woke up the next morning i realized i left it on the table at the buffet the night before! luckily someone was nice enough to turn it in! the pool area and lazy river were just the best! maybe it's because it was september, but the pool was pretty much empty, which was great. so overall we had a gteat experience here. everyone was nice too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Sigh*
The weekend was nearly perfect, laying out on a tube while letting the lazy river take control (no drinks allowed while on lazy river). Seeing plenty of women's bottoms come off in the high pressure slide (can't slide face first or together with people, while guard on duty ;)). Stayed in a suite, so this message may have some biases. During the day the cabana service is top notch, at least for me.. Then for the night, the place gave out complementary VIP tickets, to a club VIBE.... I as half full, three levels, and the biggest disco ball I have ever seen!!!!!! I tried gambling (don't usually) lost 50 dollars. So far a great weekend.. Oh THE BUFFET (its alright --just mediocre). The restaurant on the roof was a little better---Average Steakhouse like the ones such as Ruth Chris, Flemmings, Del mar, Houstons, etc. The diner by the dinosaur museum potatoes and gravy was very good --different! The end to my weekend was excited to go next door to cabazon --My vehicle shows up, with the bottom of the bumper smashed... Looked like one tried to accidentally go up a curb. I reported it, and they came out with pictures since they mentioned their state of the art six camera picture taker (takes pictures of all the sides of the car From BUMPER to back). I waited close to thirty minutes after my report (meanwhile the hotel said pictures will only take five mutes) just to find out that the damage is inconclusive. I did not get a fit because its pointless, but this showed perfectly the true nature of morongo's I don't really care/ anything not to get caught. They after the pictures came out they said that "oh for some reason the camera unfortunately could not get the right angle on the bumper." I said ok, stopped at the camera station and saw plus took pictures of the two BOTTOM cameras for the front and back, then the two for the top (Ill let you think of that). Overall the weekend was good --but Morongo to me was just a one time experience --its allright nothing special (compared to all the other luxury and fun activities more worthy to spend on in california). Well that's my review. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Poolside view (the only cool view)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The most amazing place. We arrived after a long flight and drive to be greeted to a piece of paradise. A relaxing massage, hot spa, swimming pool and a wonderful room with a spectacular view.
The food on offer was the best. I would thoroughly recommend this resort. Thanks for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Corona del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

While your older family members win a fortune in the casino, well, maybe not, everyone who doesn't gamble or who is too young can pay $25 to go in their awesome pool. Lazy river with inner tubes, kiddie pool, cabanas (expensive on a weekend ), bar, 2 jacuzzis, a relaxing pool, and on holidays, they usually have all-you-can-eat buffet at the pool. All the kids wanted was the free ice-pops they handed out. Everyone got to do what they wanted to do, and it was great.

Room Tip: Didn't stay over, just a day trip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here by myself for a little R&R. Check in was easy and fast but then you had to walk half way around casino to get to elevators for the rooms. I did not mind the walk but for someone who has a problem walking long distance might find this a little difficult. Room was wonderful. Nice mountain view. Room very large with a very large bathroom. Love the walk in shower with bench inside. Liked the frosted glass wall in shower that is part of the wall in the room. Not very private for the person taking the shower. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Great flat screen TV on wall. Went down to the swimming pool. Was large and nice. Love the lazy river and the separate swimming pool area. Great place to hang out. Will be back but next time I will be bringing my husband.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18th floor and enjoyed the view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Morongo on a few different occasions. Our last stay here this past weekend (8/18/12-8/20/12) was by far our best!
Morongo is about 35 minutes outside of Palm Springs but is about 10 degrees cooler in my experience. So when it is 105' out in Palm Springs, it is a nice 95' degress at Morongo (like it was this past weekend).
In the past we have stayed in their standard rooms and their suites.
The standard rooms: are really nice, have awesome showers, flat screen tvs, and comfy beds.
Their suites: are huge!, have a separate living room and bedroom each with its own flat screen tv, two bathrooms, an awesome bed, and the master bathroom is amazing with oversized tub, separate shower, his and her sinks and his and her closets.
This past weekend we stayed in one of their Casitas. They only have six at the property.
The Casita: was perfect! Dining room, living room, huge master bedroom and bathroom with separate jacuzzi tub and awesome shower with two shower heads, front patio with outside shower and seating area, great enclosed, private back patio with table and chairs, ceiling fan, lounge chairs for laying out, and a private plunge pool! The Casita was great for entertaining friends who joined us for the weekend. Some of our friends came out for the day, some stayed in various other rooms at the resort. All came and visited us and loved the Casita!
Casino was great. We played blackjack all night!
Pool area was out of this world! Lazy river, water slide, private cabanas with sandy beach area, nice pool with in-water lounge chairs, waiters/waitresses around constantly to bring food or beverages to wherever you are laying out to get some sun.
We went to Vibe, the nightclub, on Saturday night with some of our friends. Fun atmosphere, great DJ, go-go dancers, drinks were good and not over-priced. Overall a very cool club expereince. There were also private balconies and suites available but we just did the general admission.
We went to dinner at Cielo on Sunday night. Top of the hotel, nice view, great food, attentive service.

Our only problem with our stay was that we had to eventually leave to come home. As were getting our car back from valet (and they were putting cold bottled water inside for the ride home) my wife and I both agreed we should write a review to share about our expereince. We don't write a lot of reviews (we normally just read other people's reviews to get the inside scoop on where we should stay). Hope you find this review helpful.
We are looking forward to coming back. And are planning on making Morongo an annual summer vacation spot for us and our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabazon
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Hyatt Palm Springs
#30 of 72 in Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 986 reviews
Travelodge Banning Casino and Outlet Mall

Been to Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!