“Buttonwillow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Buttonwillow North

You added Motel 6 Buttonwillow North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Buttonwillow North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20638 Tracy Ave, Buttonwillow, CA 93206 (Formerly Motel 6 Bakersfield - Buttonwillow)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
San Diego, California
“Buttonwillow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Got really tired and needed a place to sleep while driving from Sacramento to San Diego. Also wanted cheap price. Pulled on freeway in Buttonwillow and saw a nice looking Motel 6 and decided to check it out. Price with tax was less than $50.00 and the room was bigger and nicer than the 4 star I had stayed at in Sacramento. Pleasantly pleased. Was able to walk to two fast food and one diner for supper. Staff was great. A little noise from freeway but not bad. No breakfast but for these prices who cares. Got refrig and microwave in room but no coffee maker or hair dryer. No coffee in office till after 4:00 Am in morning. They did have hot chocolate machine in office all night which I took advantage of. Room heating unit was the quietest I hav e heard in a long time. Just a great value for the money. Absolutly reccomend this motel.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from freeway may be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Of the two side-by-side Motel 6 motels in Buttonwillow, we stayed at the more expensive one because they offered free Wi-Fi and the cheaper Motel 6 charged for it. The Wi-Fi performance was TERRIBLE, even though the signal strength was good. If Wi-Fi is important to you, don't stay here. Other than that, this Motel 6 was just like any other Motel 6 - OK but not great.

Room Tip: Sometimes mediocre is OK for one night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This review is for the motel 6 on the east side of the street. Perfect for our needs. Clean, basic, and $45 for 2 adults on a Saturday night. they allow pets. It's all we needed on a long trip up to the bay area from San Diego with a dog.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went there after having problems with another motel down the street. the beds were a good size which my dog loved. a/c worked great, close to McDonald's, hardee's and tita's. its a good motel at a cheap price, I've paid more for less. so I will stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
Belmont Shore, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

There are 2 motel 6's at this exit in Buttonwillow, this is for the "nicer" Motel 6..and still it was so bad.
We were on a long drive from Grand Canyon Arizona back to Caifornia and needed a place to stay for the night. Hubby said we should just stay in Bakersfield and I said no lets drive a little bit longer and stay on I-5..there must be some hotels to stay there was my thought.
WOW was I wrong. It is only about 35-40 more minutes from Bakersfield to I-5 and my suggestion is to stay in Bakersfield and drive a bit longer the following day.
This hotel was so gross, I would not allow us to bring in our bags (for fear of bed bugs) and my family was forbidden to taking off our shoes. Everything is old and dated in the rooms, and the pool was un-swimmable. No clorine smell at all, and a ton of bugs floating in the pool. While in the room we found dead bugs on the floor and a few live crawling ones. When it was time to go to sleep, I insisted that we sleep with the lights on to try and discourage any bed bugs from coming out in the dark. The mattresses where so old and dirty, wow it was a non-sleeping night, especially with the lights on. We got up and out as early as we could, and I will never do that again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After driving 16 hours straight decided we needed to crash....anywhere...So chose the Motel 6....ooops....never again...the stains on the carpet and the burn holes in the bed spread were the first indications...maybe the bars on the windows too?...then the drunks outside our room at 2 in the am...woke me up,so I had to go to the washroom where I walked through some cobwebs and then saw the family of spiders in the tub along with the mold...so obviosly no shower the next morning...We put in for a wake up call for 6,but were up and gone before that....never again....a least we can still joke about our experience there....lol...the best thing about it though was the price,so you get what you pay for....

Room Tip: You men at another motel?....hahaha
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

The two gentlemen that greeted me when I pulled in, late, and after a sixteen hour drive, were so helpful. Both Christopher and Javier accommodated me by making sure everything I needed (pet room. ground floor, access to a plug) was met within a few minutes of my arrival. I was very pleased with the professionalism they displayed. Also, when an issue arose the next morning, Beverly handled it in the same courteous manner. I will be back, and will be happy to send friends. The room was clean, basic. but had a coffeemaker....as well as a cappuccino machine in the lobby. Big smiles.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buttonwillow
BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn
3.0 of 5 stars 160 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wasco Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield

Been to Motel 6 Buttonwillow North? Share your experiences!