“A Decent Place To Stay For A Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20688 Tracy Avenue, I-5 and Hwy 58 Exit, Buttonwillow, CA 93206 (Formerly Homeland Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Buttonwillow
san diego,ca
“A Decent Place To Stay For A Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed @ the Econolodge Inn & Suites twice while traveling to the Bay area. Once en route to the Bay area and the second time on our back home to San Diego, CA. It was a good place for us to rest and break up our little road trip. The property is owned by Middle Eastern people and were very nice but they do not offer any kind of meats for breakfast....not even eggs...fyi. There is a Mcdonald's & Starbucks though across the street. The room was cozy, equipped with a microwave & mini fridge but ladies...room didn't have a hairdryer. Our bed was comfy too. I recommend this motel for a night's rest. It's right off the I-5 interstate, has restaurants, clean and very affordable.

Room Tip: Make sure your window in your room is secure....meaning that it locks properly. A good amount of tr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have traveled down 5 many times over the years and stayed at several places in Buttonwillow. This was our first time at the Econo Lodge. I think it is looked after much better than any we've been to previously. And a lower price.
The rooms were small, but what do you expect for the price? Air conditioning was quite and we were away from the freeway side so slept well.
The one issue I had was that the price the desk staff quoted was higher than what I had printed from my online reservation. She changed it to what I had on my printout without hesitation when this was brought to her attention.
I'd stay here again, knowing my choices.

Room Tip: Best sleep is on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean, well taken care of, and the staff was super friendly. The grounds were obviously very well maintained. The room was comfortable and clean. AllWe reserved a room online so we had no idea what to expect. We were so happy to find a great hotel after a long drive! We will definitely stay there again as we travel frequently to the southwest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I were driving down to California from Washington and back, and we needed a place to sleep, quick! We heard about this little place through Choice Hotels. Decent price for a king sized bedroom for one night. There were beetles all over outside and it seems they had joined us in the night. Found 3 the next morning on the floor. Our room was on the highway side and it was a little noisy, but it was more like a hum of noise. Everything was clean and the bathroom was very decent! Had enough towels for four people. The TV was definitely an older one, but they had a good selection of channels to choose from. Service was nice, and everyone was kind and helpful. Breakfast was not very satisfactory (cereal with warm no-fat milk, donuts, waffles, coffee and nothing else) but it was a good start for the day to get back on the road. Free food is always good, after all. I think we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Monrovia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

While driving to L.A. in late June 2013 I stopped here because they allowed my Golden Retriever to stay (with a small fee) and there was ample room to park my very large 26' U-Haul truck and Auto-transport trailer (about 40' in total). The room (121) was clean and comfortable. The A/C worked and made for a good nights sleep.

If you are looking for a five star resort this is not your hotel. However, if you are looking for a nice place to rest while traveling i would recommend this place. You can't ask for much more than that for $40/night. I did not partake in any of the amenities while there but everything looked clean and well kept.

Happy Trails!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Yreka, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was every bit as nice as higher priced hotels. The hosts were very accommodating to our family. While the room was smaller than higher priced hotel, it was as clean or cleaner than the other hotels. The boys commented how well they slept and how the beds were so comfortable. It was conveniently located next to I-5 with choices for dinner. Open farm land lies behind the hotel, perfect for a pleasant run. Breakfast was just enough to get us started for a day on the road. Too often we pay too much at hotels whose amenities we can not fully access or use. This hotel was priced just right and met our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Redwood Valley, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After 7 hours of driving with four kids ages 9 years-9 months we found that Bakersfield was SOLD OUT. The entire town had 0 rooms. So I called Hotels.com and they found us this place in Buttonwillow, about a half hour away. We were really thankful to have the room so I tried hard to find things to love about it but by the end of our stay I was really disappointed. The room felt fairly clean except the chairs and couch. They were visibly filthy. It made me a little sick to my stomach. I'm not a TV person but in a hotel it's nice to have a decent TV. The TV they had was the exact same one my parents had in their bedroom in the 80s when I was a little girl. The children had a hard time watching cartoons because the colors were all off. The breakfast was where I really lost any respect I was trying to maintain. Donuts, bread, waffles and that was it. No fruit. No protein. They had hot water but no tea ?? They didn't have enough waffle batter and when my son and I asked for more the hotel woman asked us our room number in an accusatory way and she was the same woman who checked us in the night before. I stumbled for a minute since we had checked in late and been at many hotels on our trip and she sat and looked at me like "You're not getting batter until you tell me your room number." The room was for a large family (family suite) and they only gave us two towels. And after all that, it wasn't cheap at all. I paid the same as I would have for a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
econolodgeinnandsuit, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge Buttonwillow for your recent stay in our area.

We thank and appreciate your review.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management has been apprised about what happened as you mentioned in the review and also the hotel staffs have been given special training on guest relationship and managing their requirements to the highest satisfaction.

• Your comment on the amenities has been taken care of.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper presentation and to ensure ample stock of breakfast items. There are a multitude of breakfast items to choose from such as waffles, danishes, juice, cereal, tea, hot chocolate etc.

We take guest reviews seriously and I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will find our hospitality and amenities to your best satisfaction and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!