“WHOA!! THIS review is a bit more "REAL" then others” 3 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1640 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Casper
“WHOA!! THIS review is a bit more "REAL" then others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Vagabond has swimming pool, and a exercise room.. Apparently not, Its just not like me to book motels with out a pool at least. The rooms are actually smaller then when i saw online, Bed is comfortable, not the best, but not bad. Pillows are ok.. Only one chair in the room, fridge and microwave, shower is eh, typical. TV has about 70 channels, including nick, usa, spike, cartoon net, disney etc. Not many outlets to plug things into. Breakfast is GOOD though, its sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, boiled eggs (grab two or three, put em in a bowl, mash em' up, put four things of butter on top, microwave for a min or so and BAM! GOOD FOOD! ) oatmeal, cereal, fruits, toast, bagels, juices, coffee, tea etc. GOOD breakfast and its FREE! Good wi-fi, im on it now and haven't had any hang ups, downloads at about 400k. in rm 311 anyway. Location SUCKS! Theres two restaurants with in walking distance, no convenience stores around, DONT FORGET ANYTHING, you'll have to buy it from the vending machines. For being a "executive" MOTEL, its a far cry from it, maybe a glorified motel 6. Free airport shuttle about every hr. TAKE IT! and go to the BART station (train that takes you all the way to san fransisco, its 8.20$ one way to downtown, per person. Would i stay here again? Hmmm probably not, its CLEAN, and safe, just not close to anything and no pool.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Shingletown, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Needed to spend the night in San Francisco for a concert and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for a room in the city, plus there always seem to be parking fees, which are incredibly high. I did a Trip Advisor search and settled on this hotel as being close enough and yet far away enough to be reasonable and inexpensive, and it has no parking fees. We were very happy with our selection. Quiet, very clean, everything worked (TV, refrigerator, microwave), bed was very comfortable, plenty of hot water. There are two computers you can use in the breakfast room, along with a printer, although I think wireless internet is also available in the rooms. You can walk along the Bay as the hotel is right on the water. Continental breakfast was complimentary - make your own waffles (which were unusually tasty, by the way - intend to find out what mix they used), bagels, muffins, assorted fruit, hot and cold cereals, assorted juices, coffee, tea. Breakfast area could be a little larger, but there is more seating outside. If we end up going back to San Francisco for music events in the future, we will stay here again. And if you wanted a close to the airport hotel, this would be an even more excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Great service. They asked me if wanted first, second, or third floor. I initially chose First Floor, but when I went to my room (I got the executive option with Bay view - I recommend) the first floor bay view room is RIGHT on the bay, only a sidewalk is in between your balcony and the water barrier -- this made me uncomfortable because people were pretty close to my huge balcony glass door. I could hear them and see them and I'm sure they the same to me. So the only way to feel mildly comfortable was to close the curtains, but I paid extra for the bay view! I went up to the front desk 20 minutes after I had already been in the room and they gladly switched me to second floor (which was perfect.)

Breakfast = waffles, juices, coffee, make your own hot cocoa (delicious), muffins (..eh), bagels, bananas. 6-10AM note the maple syrup may he gone by 9:30AM.

Good location, elephant bar right next door is good and affordable, in and out burger across the highway and a safeway grocery, baskin robins, and Jamba juice also within a mile radius.

Also, just a breeze to to the airport!

(note you can hear some jets take off every once in awhile in the bay view room.)

I recommend!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed at the Vagabond for the CAMFT conference at the Marriott down the street. Was defiantly worth the money to stay at the Vagabond versus the $150 plus parking at the Marriott. Rooms are what you expect for the price, they were clean and what you would need for a weekend trip. Did have a problem with the heater not working, once I made the front desk aware of this they were able to bring an extra blanket and a floor heater no questions asked. A tip if you are attending a event at the Marriott, park across the street, it'll save you $20 bucks for parking.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

After staying in downtown San Francisco, we stayed here for our last night because of it's proximity to the airport and the fact that's much cheaper than anything downtown.

The room, bed, and decor are tacky and dated, but you do get a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. We had a room on the second floor away from the water, so we didn't have the plane noise issues that others have complained about. I did really appreciate the free airport shuttle, they had the shuttle's schedule posted the night before, so we knew what time to be in the lobby. We were in the lobby by 5:45am, and they already had breakfast out, and they had a pretty good selection, which was a definite plus.

Before you book here, make sure you read plenty of reviews, and you may want to request a certain side or floor. We had no problems from our room location, but it sounds like you may have some noise issues from the water-facing and especially first-floor rooms. I will say it was pretty neat to stand by the water and watch the planes take off and land.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Oroville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. I was looking for a hotel in this area because I was becoming a Zumba instructor and the training was right down the road at the Hyatt. I checked into the group rates for the Hyatt and the discounted rate was $171 a night! Crazy! PLUS you have to pay for parking all day. Anyway.. I found Vagabond Executive Suites and read the reviews. I was very leary of this hotel. I am a leary traveler anyway, but because the price was so inexpensive I thought I might be in a bad area or something. The price for an advance rate purchase for two queen beds was $63 a night. You cannot beat that for this area. The hotel is on the bay, which is actually kind of cool because the airport is also right there and you can watch the planes take off and land. Although you can hear them at night, so if you are a light sleeper you may want a room closer to the front of the hotel. If someone is right in front of your door you can hear them like they are standing right in front of your face. We were there two nights, Wednesday night and Thursday night, Thursday night was the loudest with people talking on their cell phones in front of my room and people slamming doors. Not sure what it would be like on the weekend. The rooms were VERY clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. The furnishings are dated, and the area is kind of sketchy. I was fine being there. My car was fine, but everywhere you turned including on your key cards it said to lock your doors, and make sure you dont answer to people you dont know or who dont show ID. It also said not responsible for theft of your car or belongings in it. That scared the crap out of me, but nothing happened. Didnt even see anyone who I felt might be sketchy. So bottom line, you cant beat the price! If you are going for luxury, dont stay here. My Mom was with me and stayed in the room all day while I was at my training and she was quite comfortable. Oh.... and if you are going to eat in the area, there is a spot just right down the street next to the Holiday Inn Express that is called Max's. They have WONDERFUL food, decent prices and HUGE portions!!! There is an Elephant Bar, and an El Torito's right next to the hotel, but I would suggest driving or walking the few blocks to go to Max's to eat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

After some mixed reviews and researching a bunch of hotels my best friend and I finally chose this one being that it was on the water. The hotel was not new at all, but that isn't a bad thing. The lobby is nice, they have an area where they serve breakfast and coffee and tea 24/7. It is small, the room was small as well, but I honestly don't see a need for a big room, the room was just fine. It was clean, not new, but clean. There was a balcony view of the water and the airport where you can watch the planes land and take off, to most that would probably be an inconvenience listening to the sound, it didn't bother us ( I myself is a NY girl so outside noise is actually comforting. The room had a microwave and a fridge, which was a bonus for us. We were able to store food and the microwave came in handy when I ended up getting sick during the night. If not for the microwave and food we were able to store in the room that night would have been even worse. The staff was friendly, they were accommodating. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but small and friendly and out of the way. We had a car so it was in a perfect location outside of tourist area and the neighborhood seemed very safe. The Elephant Bar is right across the street as well as some other restaurants. Overall it was a great stay, nothing fancy, but perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport? Share your experiences!