This hotel is fine for an airport layover. The rooms are clean and look recently renovated, but the dark hallways and elevators could use some updating. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful, especially at check-in. The hotel is located right on the bay, close to SFO and offers free shuttle service to the airport. There is one restaurant/bar (Max's) on the hotel property and there is a Sizzler about half a mile north on Old Bayshore Hwy that you can walk to, but otherwise there's not much else around. You could also hop on the hotel shuttle bus, which stops at the Vagabond Hotel, where there is an Elephant Bar and El Torito Mexican restaurant.
My room was large and clean. LCD TV, microwave and refrigerator, and free Wi-Fi were nice extras. The room furnishings could use a little updating, but otherwise no complaints. The bathroom was a little small, but very clean and nicely appointed with granite countertops, curved shower curtain, lots of towels and good lighting. Bed was comfortable with nice quality linens and a duvet cover (no bedspread, a huge plus in my book). I slept fine here, however there was lots of noise from the hallway doors slamming (you think hotels would have found a solution for this by now) and I could hear the people next door taking showers and flushing the toilets.
Overall, a decent stay. Just another average, clean and comfortable Holiday Inn at a fair price.
Tip: Have time to spare and no car? Take the free airport shuttle to the airport and take BART (the subway) into downtown. Ask the front desk for information, they were really friendly and helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Francisco Airport South, a San Francisco Airport hotel, is centrally located to all the Bay area attractions in beautiful Burlingame, CA. It is just a short ride from our hotel to The Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, and Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel features views of the San Francisco Bay and double-paned windows for a quiet stay. Find complete relaxation at this intimate hotel with just the right location, services and amenities to suit the most discriminating client. The hotel offers 146 spacious guest rooms and suites. Begin each day with our deluxe Hot Express Start Breakfast at this contemporary hotel located just 5 minutes from the airport. Enjoy our outdoor pool, fitness center, 24-hour business center, free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves & refrigerators in each guest room, complimentary parking, and complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from San Francisco International Airport. Ask about one of our special packages like our Park, Stay, & Go Package. Don't forget to try Max's Bar and Grill adjacent to the hotel, a Bay Area favorite. Our professional staff is courteous, friendly, attentive and committed to making your stay fun, comfortable and memorable with first-class quality accommodations and legendary service to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South Hotel Burlingame
- Holiday Inn Express Burlingame
- Holiday Inn Burlingame