“Average and Pricey!” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Average and Pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group discount for my friends wedding. The parking charge is crazy, especially in addition to the room fees. I had some issues at my check in because I was staying for 2 nights but at the time of my booking they gave me two separate reservations, but the front desk had a hard time finding the second night. Could have been a much more efficient process, especially since I called to confirm 2 days before. About the room: very bland and outdated. The sheets had rips in them and the amenities were very basic. The TV didn't have TBS on it. The bed was comfortable, the towels and shower head were nice. The bathroom didn't have a fan. This was an ok stay, but priced way too high for what they are offering. Guess it's all about location. I would stay again ONLY if I got a really good deal and didn't drive.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are always looking for honest feedback from our guests. We apologize that check-in was not as efficient as it should have been. We appreciate your feedback on the rooms. We are planning a full rooms renovation hat will be completed in 2014 with contemporary state of the art rooms. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and will be sure to pass all of your feedback along to management!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ended up staying here after a long flight from London - our original hotel was flooded so we were moved here free of charge. It ended up being a bit of an upgrade - lovely room. Only downsides were expensive wifi & relatively expensive breakfast. However the bar/restaurant was good for a burger & the view of planes taking off & landing from the terrace was great. Also my boyfriend was excited by the fact that the 49ers seemed to be staying at the hotel - there was a cool buzz. All in all it was a nice place to spend the first night of our california road trip!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for joining us on your trip from London! We are very glad that we were able to accommodate you when your original hotel was flooded. We appreciate your positive feedback on the rooms, dining, and view of the airplanes at SFO. Thank you for your comments on the WiFi and breakfast, which we will pass along to management. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a quick roadtrip down Rt. 1 and to wine country. We arrived late at night and were impressed with the attractive lobby area and the politeness of the staff. They really do whatever they can to help. We were given a king bed on a high floor at my request.

The room was all right and the bed was quite comfortable, though I thought that the furnishings looked a little dated- just not the sleek look of most hotels these days. We had a nice partial water view.

The fitness center is really great here- nice new equipment, everything you need for a workout on the road.

In the morning I noticed in the shower that there was some soap crud- bright orange- left over in the soapdish, from some other traveler. That really grossed me out. I would give this place a 3 instead of a 4 just because of that and the datedness of the furniture, but the staff was so nice and the other amenities so good that I'm giving them a 4. Also a special mention to the people serving breakfast at the executive club level, excellent service with a smile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for joining us at the Marriott! We are delighted that had the opportunity to enjoy our friendly and helpful staff during your stay, as we take great pride in our guest services. We also appreciate your honest feedback about the rooms. You will be happy to know that we are planning a full rooms renovation that will be completed in 2014 with contemporary state of the art rooms. We apologize that the shower was not cleaned to our high Marriott standards, and will certainly pass this along to management to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope you will join us again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a week in Napa. Great location for your exit from San Fran. We toured San Fran all day in the rental car and then returned it to the airport and took the free hotel shuttle back to the hotel. The free shuttle took us to the airport in the morning for our flight home. Also, for some crazy reason that I don't know about, the front desk reduced my room rate by $25.00 at check in. Nice surprise. What a perfect way to end our wine tasting holiday. A clean, fresh room, wonderful bed and linens, free shuttle and here is the best part: Sipping one of our Napa bottles of wine on the waterfront deck area watching the planes come and go to the airport within 100 yards of the hotel. Amazing to watch !

Room Tip: Ask for water view and you will see the planes come in and go out of the next door airport.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are thrilled to hear that all aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations. It is wonderful that you took advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle and that you enjoyed watching the airplanes from our patio. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you travel to the area!
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

I stayed here twice during a recent business trip, one night upon landing and then the night before leaving.

The first night I took the free airport shuttle service from SFO without incident and was quickly checked in. The room was nothing extraordinary but did meet the high standards I expect from the Marriott brand.

The second night I arrived during some sort of realtor event and the place was packed. It took awhile to park and then a lot longer to check in. Believe me when I say the lobby way loud. However, as soon as the elevator doors closed, everything was nice and quiet.

It is a bit pricey for the area, but I love the convenience to the airport. I am getting old enough that red-eyes bother me more than the time they save, so I will probably stay here again when I need to head out the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for joining us during your business trip! It is fantastic to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle, and that your room met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about your check-in experience, which we will be sure to pass along to management. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again next time you are flying in or out of SFO!
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice rooms with comfortable beds. It's a well maintained hotel overall. Bathroom was nice and clean, but it could use some more space to put your stuff on. It's very close to the airport and you do hear the airplanes taking off or landing. But it didn't bother me too much.
I think the 23 dollars per night they charge extra for parking is ridiculous. I just hate it when it's not included in the total price for the room (not cheap to begin with). It feels like a rip off.
It's a good quality hotel no doubt, but I wouldn't stay here again. There are plenty of similar hotels nearby that have better rates (and include free parking and free breakfast).

• 4 of 5 stars
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We appreciate your review. Your honest feedback is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We will certainly pass your comments about the parking along to management. We are very happy to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable, and enjoyed your overall stay!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Whenever we fly into San Francisco we stay the night here before setting off on our holiday travels. Every time we find the staff very welcoming and friendly. We enjoy walking along the bay path and wine and light snacks in the lounge. Early breakfast usually comes with a great view of the sunrise. Only downside is the lack of free in room wifi - extremely unusual nowadays.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty! It is fantastic to hear that you have joined us multiple times, and that each of your experiences have exceeded your expectations. We are very glad that you have had the opportunity to experience our welcoming and friendly staff, as well as enjoying Flights 101 Lounge and our bay path. We also appreciate your feedback about the Internet, and will pass this along to management. We look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
4.5 of 5 stars 808 reviews
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!