“Nice business hotel near airport” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Gatos, California
“Nice business hotel near airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a wonderful stay here.

The service was spectacular. Front desk was prompt and very friendly, and they made sure I had everything I needed.

Nice updated lobby and bar area. Club lounge is very large, had great service, and had good choices which I really like.

The hotel is going through a remodel, and I was able to get into a new room. It was very nice and comfortable.

Parking on site, need your room key to go in and out, including when you leave and check out. Make sure you have it with you.

They have an airport shutltle

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Given Marriott's sterling reputation, and my previous experiences with Marriott hotels, I was expecting much better. To be fair, for an airport hotel, this is a beautiful property. Awesome views of the runways at SFO and a modern lobby with lots of energy and good food and coffee options. The rooms are tiny, which is normal for San Francisico, and the prices for everything are steep, which is normal for an airport hotel. So no complaints there. The staff were all unfailingly polite and professional as well.

What eluded us at this hotel was sleep. I love airplane noise, but the walls at this hotel are very thin. Not only did we hear the airplanes, but we also heard everything going on in the room next door. The plumbing was so loud it sounded like the guy was actually using OUR shower! We found the beds to be incredibly uncomfortable. The mattresses sag badly... my back didn't forgive me for a day or two. There was also a hole in the mattress cover, which I gather was filled with feathers, because they spilled out all over the floor when I sat down on the bed. The iPod-friendly alarm clock had the connectors ripped out, and rattled when I tried to set it. Good thing for wake-up calls.

Our room was incredibly clean, but only had two working outlets and was poorly lit. The bathroom was tiny, even by SFO standards, and had no exhaust fan to let out steam. The airport shuttle does run every 10 minutes, but as other have noted, it also serves the Hyatt so it's usually packed - mostly with flight crews. Be aware that contrary to the hotel's web site, the shuttle does NOT run 24 hours, which I thought odd for an international airport hotel.

Given the choice, I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Concord,MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

"This is an airport hotel- repeat after me S-L-O-W-L-Y: This...is...an...airport...hotel". Okay now that we have that settled I rate this hotel for what it is an excellent AIRPORT hotel. Probably second, in my experience only to the Airport Hotel at Malpensa Airport in Milan which reviewed about 12 months ago.

First the staff is unfailingly polite and helpful- and not just the front desk staff- but extends to the cleaning crews and of course the wait staff. Secondly it is right at the airport and the shuttle bus leaves every 15 minutes for the airport which is 5-7 minutes away depending on the terminal.

The working areas in the open atrium is super- for informal meetings around couches or tables or for working at sitting bars- wifi is available (free thanks to my elite status) with plenty of plugs. The menu at this very large working area/bar is interesting ranging from light seafood dishes to the superheavy heart attack causing Mo Burger.

The gym is pretty good by Marriott standards with high end life cycle equipment- and a few nautilus leg machines- plus a universal machine. Also dumbbells and benches. I prefer machines so I wish they would add a few upper body machines- but as I always I used the dumbells in a pinch.

Room was good standard Marriott and was excellent. As far as noise I cannot comment because as an extremely frequent traveler I always travel with foam earplugs and a night mask so unless someone is running a chain saw in the room next door I am never bothered by noise levels- or I should say rarely bothered by noise.

Price is steep- but this is SFO so what would I expect?

For a trip in an out (for me two nights since I had meetings close by) this was a great choice and great home base for my three days near SFO airport.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in with 21 this is not in the tower (and away from Conciege lounge) but these room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A decent hotel, but in the future I will prefer to stay elsewhere.

Pros:
- Just a 10 minute drive from SFO.
- There is a free shuttle that takes you between the airport and the hotel. The shuttle is pretty frequent, as I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes.
- Despite its proximity to the airport, the noise from the aircrafts is hardly noticeable inside the hotel.
- The view from the hotel is breathtaking, as you can see the bay and the landing aircrafts (strangely fascinating), and there is a very nice walkway that takes you along the beach.

Cons:
- Neither breakfast, nor Wi-Fi are free.
- The hotel is a bit outdated, although the rooms are clean and well equipped.
- It seems that the elevators are located at one end of the hotel, while a lot of the rooms are very far from the elevators. My room had a very inconvenient location, which must have been a 2-3 minute walk from the elevator, and was right next to the extremely noisy ice machine. Due to my laziness I did not ask to move to another room, yet this made the stay significantly less pleasant.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Daventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

this was our second visit here in two years. This year we were staying twice working around our travels and flights out of San Francisco. We had booked our rooms 10mths in advance. First night after flight from London only had to wait a few minutes for shuttle bus, got checked in we always request a higher floor room on booking and were given one, no problems. Returning one week later (again on a saturday evening) waited 15 mins for shuttle bus at airport only to find when it arrived it was full, driver told us another one along in a few minutes so we waited again but this time for 20 mins and the same thing again full bus, we then strongly complained to driver who said he could take us but no room for luggage WHAT??? Waited only a few mins and empty bus came think driver had informed hotel when he dropped off and the other bus was sent immediately. Got to hotel to check in, requested higher floor room(as on original booking), told full, put on 2nd floor small back room overlooking trash bins and rubbish. Was not impressed but got no response from reception staff just the usual hotel full excuse, I seriousy didnt believe that all other guests given decent rooms had booked 10 mths in advance. Will look for another hotel nxt time.

Room Tip: couldnt give any tips as our request was submitted on booking 10mths in advance and was quite clearl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location is close to San Francisco Airport. Shuttle is convenient and regular. Staff very friendly and knowledgable. Room rate was good for the area. But that was a special rate for a conference we attended. That's the good part. Meal and drink prices at the hotel were out of site. A drink on the rocks at the bar was $9.00. The person attending bar had no idea how to use the register. Best buy on the diner menu was a hamburger: $17.95. Coffee:$4.00 or $3.25 at the Starbucks in the lobby. Rooms was a typical businessman's room. Comfortable for one or two nights, not for a week as we were. Shower was completely inadequate. Like a summer sprinkle. If you are going to be passing through the convenience to the airport and The BART is good. Shuttle to the BART connection at the airport is only 10 minutes away. Otherwise a car is necessary for any travel. A couple of small diners are within walking distance for a more reasonable breakfast. Very good restaurant a short walk for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Jet noise from airport is noticable, but not bad enough to be offensive...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the second time in ten years that I have stayed at this property. The Hotel is very nice but the area is suffering from the California economy downturn and not as nice as it was. I'll keep staying here for the proximity to the airport and the city.

Room Tip: Up high and Bay View.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront? Share your experiences!