“fine hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
omaha, United States
“fine hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

fancy lobby with live music. hotel was reasonably priced, just no mini fridge or microwave.we had a decent water front view. our vacation was ruined by the payless car rental just up the street. they wouldn't give us a lift back to the hotel that is on the way to the airport, they would only drop us at the airport. luckily this hotel runs shuttles every half hour to the airport so we were eventually able to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Mike G,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel.

We are pleased to see you were satisifed with your stay in San Francisco. Our property (along with our lobby) has been recently renovated, and we are happy to see you enjoyed our ambiance with the live music.

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the car rental company down the street, we hate hearing when guests have issues during their vacation. We are happy to hear we were able to help with situation with our complimentary airport shuttle.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

Mike Mckee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a two night stay here as a part of a road trip and we were delighted with our view of the Bay and the planes taking off and landing. The room was spacious; the king bed extra comfortable with plenty of pillows. The woman at the front desk was very friendly (though she seemed to be there all day and night). The restaurant is a short walk from a park and Kincaid's restaurant (if you need to get out of the hotel). Parking the car was the only sticky point as the room key cards seem to jam in the slot to exit the parking lot. Mine did and we found someone else's stuck in a different exit the next morning. I suggest they figure out a way to fix this.

Room Tip: Higher with Bay Views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JLFERG,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guestrooms with the view of the bay are very lovely and we are happy to see you appreciated that feature.

Sorry to hear there was an issue with exiting our parking lot. Your review will be forwarded to our Director of Front Office Operations to ensure this issue is fixed ASAP.

Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Mike Mckee
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this location one night when flying out of SFO. Getting to the hotel was a breeze, as it is right of US101. When I arrive at the checking, I told the person on the desk that I was conflicted about parking my car or taking it and dropping it back at SFO rental facility. I was informed that they charge for parking, which made my decision easier and it was nice of them to be open and honest about it. I do not see the justification for the charge, but I took the car back to SFO.

After dropping the car, I went to the International terminal and did not have to wait long for a shuttle to arrive to take me back to the hotel. The shuttle was pretty nice also, and it was on this shuttle that I realized that this hotel is very popular with airline crews. I took that as a good sign.

After getting back to my hotel room, I decided to take a few golf clubs and hit some balls on the driving range adjacent to the hotel. Be careful, this place only takes cash and even charges you for a rubber tee for the mats.

Got back to my room and decided to have a look around. I had ordered a bay-view room, but there was no point, the windows were so dirty that you could not see through them. What a rip-off. (see pictures). I figured I would open the window and see if I could get a better view, nope (again, see the pictures of the broken screen).

Went down to eat at the bar!!! This place is expensive. The food was nice, but a steak and 2 beers set me back $65!! Ouch.

In the morning, I tried to use the coffee maker, but the plug it was plugged in to did not work and so I needed to move it to another location.

All in all, I was very unimpressed with this place. When I went to check out, I was asked how my stay was, and I explained that it was not that good, and they happily knocked something off the bill, which was nice.

The hotel shuttle back to the airport left without me. The driver saw me coming through the doors and I had a lot of luggage, but he just took off anyway.

Dear Nomolos,

Thank you for taking time out of your travels to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are sorry to hear you had some issues during your stay with us. Being an airport hotel put us in a difficult position when it comes to paid parking. We have great specials on our website that include parking (and much more) in our rate, we highly recommend anyone staying at our hotel to check this offer out.

We are also sorry to hear you felt our prices at 37 North Restaurant & Bar was a bit high. Your review has been forwarded to our Executive Chef to ensure pricing is in-line with other restaurants in the area.

Again, sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay. We hope you come back again in the future and we can turn your bad experience into a great one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The staff at reception was very rude when I asked if they could provide an adaptor, Karen I think was her name not helpful at all, so if you are travelling from Europe don't expect to get an adaptor because they have 5 adaptors available for 320 rooms that was the answer from the reception manager! lol that is a joke! so you need to be very lucky to get an adaptor in that place.... that is basics... at least for me, this is the first time I go to a hotel and they don't provide that. The key card was not working properly and I had to go to reception 3 times when I arrived!! awful experience, I could have stay in a much better place for USD279 a night, I have received better service in a hostel.... Also the smell in the room wasn't good and the phone was very dirty... disgusting, staff don't make you feel welcome at all, I spent a week in that hotel travelling for business, but I didn't enjoy that place at all, the worse Hilton hotel I have stayed in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the adapter shortage you mentioned we apologize about your key card issues. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Kind Regards,

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

That is just about it. Very good service, not good value for your money, conveniently located but not for tourism, mostly intended for business to the nearby IT offices. Rooms could use a lot of renovation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear MexTraveler6,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to provide the best service, and it looks as if we did just that. We are sorry you felt our rooms need a renovation, we get a lot of great compliments from our guests, but we understand everyone has different opinions.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was the perfect ending for a tenth anniversary tour up the PCH and wine country. Our room faced the bay, so we had great views of multiple fireworks shows the night of the 4th as well as sunset.

We stayed here for the 5-10 minute drive to SFO the next morning for an early flight.

Check in with Kyle was exceptional. Very friendly, knowledgeable, efficient.

Room was spacious, clean, well decorated with a comfy mattress. GreAt hotel for anniversary.

Only gripes outside of ridiculous parking prices for airport hotel, was the restaurant. Now to their credit, breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide assortment and great attentive service.

However, since we were exhausted, I ordered a steak and wine to take up to the room. Again, service couldn't have been more friendly. However, when I received the steak it was in a brown cardboard take out box. Also, it was served with a plastic knife and fork. The steak was extremely difficult to cut...and would have been even with a steak knife. It was also grey with very few grill marks or carmelization. I've had better at Waffle House. Finally, it was very difficult to manage in a small cardboard box. Had a serious case of buyers remorse after a $42 bill!

So, lesson learned on steak take out. Of course, I would have had more remorse with room service fees an inflated price.

Again, however, it was a phenomenal experience and would stay here again and would highly recommend it. Just get your steak BEFORE you get to the hotel if you are tired. :)

• Stayed July 2014
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear OnTheRoadAgain,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy travels to review our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on great service and comfortable accommodations, and it looks as if we did just that.

We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with your steak from our in-room dining service. Your review will be forwarded to our executive chef to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 12th June 2014. Staff were the most helpful I have come across in any of the hotels we have stayed at in the USA. We chose to stay out of the city as it was really expensive and we are glad we did. We hired a car and were in the city within 30mins for less. Room was great, clean and comfortable. No noise problems. Free cookies on arrival which was a nice touch. Food at the restaurant was also good. Would have given this hotel 5 stars but the only issue we had was the fire alarm going off on our second night there at 2.30am. We all had to evacuate in our PJ's and stand in the cold and no explanation was provided which sucked. Apart from this hiccup, it was great. Also, I recommend going into the main street of Burlingame. There was a few great restaurants and the people were lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Angela M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to provide great service to each of our guests and we are happy to see they impressed you and your husband. The complimentary DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookie at check-in is one of our most loved amenities from our guests, and we are pleased to see you loved it as well.

We are sorry to hear there was a fire alarm and evacuation during your stay, unfortunately these issues happen from time to time and we'd rather have our guests safe over all. We hope you understand and know this is not a regular problem at our property.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Mike McKee

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!