“Thoroughly enjoyed staying here - though as one would expect - not the place to get a steak.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport

Special Offer
Park, Stay, Go!
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was the perfect ending for a tenth anniversary tour up the PCH and wine country. Our room faced the bay, so we had great views of multiple fireworks shows the night of the 4th as well as sunset.

We stayed here for the 5-10 minute drive to SFO the next morning for an early flight.

Check in with Kyle was exceptional. Very friendly, knowledgeable, efficient.

Room was spacious, clean, well decorated with a comfy mattress. GreAt hotel for anniversary.

Only gripes outside of ridiculous parking prices for airport hotel, was the restaurant. Now to their credit, breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide assortment and great attentive service.

However, since we were exhausted, I ordered a steak and wine to take up to the room. Again, service couldn't have been more friendly. However, when I received the steak it was in a brown cardboard take out box. Also, it was served with a plastic knife and fork. The steak was extremely difficult to cut...and would have been even with a steak knife. It was also grey with very few grill marks or carmelization. I've had better at Waffle House. Finally, it was very difficult to manage in a small cardboard box. Had a serious case of buyers remorse after a $42 bill!

So, lesson learned on steak take out. Of course, I would have had more remorse with room service fees an inflated price.

Again, however, it was a phenomenal experience and would stay here again and would highly recommend it. Just get your steak BEFORE you get to the hotel if you are tired. :)

• Stayed July 2014
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear OnTheRoadAgain,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy travels to review our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on great service and comfortable accommodations, and it looks as if we did just that.

We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with your steak from our in-room dining service. Your review will be forwarded to our executive chef to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mike McKee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 12th June 2014. Staff were the most helpful I have come across in any of the hotels we have stayed at in the USA. We chose to stay out of the city as it was really expensive and we are glad we did. We hired a car and were in the city within 30mins for less. Room was great, clean and comfortable. No noise problems. Free cookies on arrival which was a nice touch. Food at the restaurant was also good. Would have given this hotel 5 stars but the only issue we had was the fire alarm going off on our second night there at 2.30am. We all had to evacuate in our PJ's and stand in the cold and no explanation was provided which sucked. Apart from this hiccup, it was great. Also, I recommend going into the main street of Burlingame. There was a few great restaurants and the people were lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Managerdth, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Angela M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to provide great service to each of our guests and we are happy to see they impressed you and your husband. The complimentary DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookie at check-in is one of our most loved amenities from our guests, and we are pleased to see you loved it as well.

We are sorry to hear there was a fire alarm and evacuation during your stay, unfortunately these issues happen from time to time and we'd rather have our guests safe over all. We hope you understand and know this is not a regular problem at our property.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

winterwonderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed for one night at the Doubletree due to a business conference. Check-in was easy and staff members were friendly and helpful. I really liked that they had replacement items on site (tooth paste, tooth brushes, etc) especially since I left my bag with my grooming items on accident in Vegas. The room was nicely furnished and comfortable. I had a view of the bay. The bed was roomy and extremely comfortable(especially nice since my bed that I had just left in Vegas was lumpy). I ordered room service and my dinner arrived in a timely manner. The dinner itself was nice. I had the cookie I received at check-in for my desert. The conference I attended was actually held at Doubletree. They catered our lunch and the food was delicious. Shuttle service to and from the airport was easy to access and timely. Nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear vacationkrazy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your business travels to review our hotel.

We are happy to see you were very satisified with your stay. We have extra bathroom (and bedroom) amenities readily available for all our guests at a moments notice. We understand they things are lost or forgotten during travels, and we are happy we are able to provide these essentials for our guests.

Our executive Chef Peter Ochoa is an amazing chef who creates these great dishes for our guests. If you enjoyed our on-site catering and in-room dining, we highly recommend you check out our newest on-property restaurant, 37 North Restaurant & Bar. With great food created with local and organic produce, a full bar, and great staff you can't go wrong!

Oregon Coast, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I spent 5 days here and it was a very disappointing stay. You would think that Hilton could do better but they were sub stand in every way. The room was pretty clean and the beds comfy but it stopped there. From the start we had trouble with the phones, the wi fi signal was so poor it could not be accessed from the room. The description of the room stated there was a couch and refrigerator...neither was present. We were led to believe we were water front..not really..across a parking lot sidewalk and street. The restaurant service was very poor and had terrible hours as did the bar

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jean,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can do better. We are sorry that we couldn’t supply your reserved room with a fridge or couch. Our front desk department goes through a detailed process every day to make sure that our guests receive exactly the room they expect. There are times when we won’t be able to have the same room available to guests extending their stays with us. I apologize that the Wi-Fi signal was unsatisfactory and will reach out to our service provider. Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope that the next time you travel to the area you’ll stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Modesto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We booked a suite so we'd have more room and an extra bed for our daughter. When we opened the couch/hide a bed the sheets were filthy. Cookie crumbs, black hair, blood spots - gross!!! The front desk quickly brought clean sheets, but expected me to change them because housekeeping was gone for the night (it was about midnight). I refused to touch the sheets and the guy from the front desk gathered the dirty ones only after I said I wanted a different room. In the morning we explained what happened to the front desk, they acted surprised, said they weren't aware and gave us $100 off our room. I'll never stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Managerdth, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty sheets are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our sheets meet the highest housekeeping standards for future guests. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Kind Regards,

michael.mckee@hilton.com
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I needed a hotel near SFO for an early morning flight out, so in checking the reviews, this seemed like the perfect choice--and it was...!

From the outside, this looks like a standard hotel--nothing special or flashy--but all looks well-kept and nicely maintained. Though I arrived by cab, there was a HUGE parking lot. (I think they charge a daily fee for parking, so that's something to look into if you'll have a car.) The hotel is not located directly on the bay, but is very close, so the view is very nice.

Check-in was a breeze--the desk clerk was friendly and efficient. He offered me a coupon for a free breakfast, or 1,000 additional Hilton Honors points. Since I was leaving early in the morning, I opted for the points. He handed me my key, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, and I was on my to my room.

My room was on the 8th (top) floor and it was very nice. Though slightly stuffy when I arrived, I adjusted the thermostat and the room cooled off nicely. The furnishings were very tasteful, with a very nice desk for work (and a second chair, so you could have a meeting there), as well as a comfortable easy chair for relaxing. There was even a printer! Everything was clean and well-maintained. The bed and linens were very comfy (as usual for Hilton brand hotels), and the toiletries provided were by Crabtree and Evelyn.

Since I didn't have a car, I went downstairs to the restaurant for dinner. Tripadvisor reviews for the bar and restaurant were very good, so I figured it was worth a shot. The atmosphere is very nice, and very open--the hotel lobby, the bar area, the restaurant, and even the business center all flow together into one large room. My server was excellent. He gave me some very good recommendations--the brussel sprouts and french onion soup--because many of the menu items sounded good and it was hard to choose. The food is among the best I've ever had in a hotel restaurant. The only negative I would have to say is that the bill was a little steep...but they probably figure that this hotel is frequented by a lot of business travelers who are on expense accounts.

Overnight, the hotel was extremely quiet.

There is a complimentary hotel shuttle that runs 24 hours a day to and from the airport--which I used at 4:30 in the morning. it was quick and efficient.

In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel, as well as the restaurant...and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when my travels permit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gatwicksmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations, and it looks as if we did just that. Our newest on-property dining option, 37 North Restaurant & Bar, is an easy and great way to grab food while staying with us and we are happy to see you were able to try it out. The brussel sprouts and french onion soup are 2 of the most ordered items and we are glad you enjoyed them!

Again, thank you for the detailed review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Burlingame-SFO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The staff, especially Kyle, at the hotel were wonderful. They were very accommodating and professional. The deluxe room was very clean with modern amenities. The parking can be expensive at $22 per day, however try to locate promotions on the web site where it is offered for free. The restaurant has great food. I really enjoyed the lamb sliders. Overall this was a great trip. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Terrell N,

Thank you for the review. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are pleased to see you were satisfied with your stay with us. Our staff strives to provide great service through all departments for each of our guests,

We understand our parking is a bit pricey, but we are happy to hear you've heard about our "Free of Fees" Package, which includes complimentary over-night parking, breakfast, and wifi.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mike McKee

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!