You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reedley, CA., United States
“Seminar location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I attended a seminar in San Francisco which I am delighted to say what hosted at this location. Our family has always like staying at an Embassy Suite. The breakfast here is good. It is great to have food ready, especially when you have children that do not like to wait.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location, nice waterfront view on one side. Quiet, clean rooms, good A/C unit (not loud/noisy). Bathroom extremely small.

Very poor internet connection (patchy in the room to the point where it's practically not usable, better in the lobby).

Nice breakfast! The breakfast crew was particularly nice, Thank You!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my go to hotel for a quick trip to San Francisco. If I am only there over night, this place is always clean, quiet, and comfortable.

I like watching the planes land, so try to get a room on the water side - but the other rooms are still quiet as well.

Shell Beach. CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed two nights at this property while visiting family in the area. The location is wonderful. I had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the bay, and it was hypnotic to watch the planes landing at the nearby airport. I was also able to watch kite boarders and wind surfers. Fun! There is a running/walking path literally right outside the door that parallels the coast and provided a great place to run without worrying about traffic. It was easy to self-park...no gate with a key card to worry about. The cost of parking is $22/day, and you are asked at check in if you have a vehicle. But, I noticed that about half of the cars in the lot did not have the parking pass displayed, and I wonder if they really enforce the parking rules?

The room was clean and quiet. I thought I was getting a king bed, but it was clearly a queen bed.

The buffet breakfast offered a lot of choices. The line for the cook to order omelets was really long on Sunday, but on Monday morning it was not nearly as busy and the line moved quickly. The "snacks" for the evening reception were just pretzel mix and tortilla chips with salsa. "Meh." The attendants were friendly and efficient.

Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. My biggest disappointment, which is probably a deal breaker in terms of returning, is that the hotel does not have individually controlled room thermostats. I did not read reviews prior to booking, and if I had, I would have chosen another hotel. The room was unbearably hot the first day/night. I had a fan delivered to the room, but it was so noisy (like a jet plane warming up!) that I had to turn it off after a few minutes. It was powerful, though! I kept the window open in the bedroom part of the suite, but the noise from the airplanes was too loud. When I called the front desk I was told that the entire hotel is either on a "heat" cycle or a "cooling" cycle, and that all you can do is turn off the unit if you don't like the temperature. The first night's sleep quality was terrible due to the heat, stickiness and stale air. Fortunately, the second night was much better. As the air outside was warmer, we were treated to the cooling cycle instead of the heat cycle. I do think that a hotel of this caliber should allow guests to choose their own comfort level when it comes to temperature.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the water
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our non-smoking room was clearly smoked in for a long time. Front desk said they were sold out so tough luck. Everything about the room was old and worn out. No concessions or empathy for the smoking versus non-smoking. Took my $350 for an absolutely horrible room. If you go to this Embassy Suites then it's on you because you've been warned!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Courtney_Bays, Director of Operations at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Stu Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are sorry you were put into a room that smelled of smoke. All of our rooms are non-smoking and we work hard to ensure our guests stay smoke free and smelling clean. We are very sorry we were unable to give you another room during your stay. We will be speaking to our staff to ensure proper handling of any situations such as this are done. We sincerely hope you will give our hotel another opportunity in the future to show you a great overall experience.
Germantown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location is great, convenient for the airport and includes a frequent shuttle. It is right on the Bay looking out on the airport approach and ideally placed if you want to run away from traffic. Travel south to Coyote Point state park (~1.5 miles) for nice hilly park for run and walk. Access is mostly along beach area and away from traffic which is nice and the weather is almost always great for outdoor running
Hotel has decent beds and rooms but as others have said a little old
The bar offers nice views on the water and reasonable food
Managers reception is ok but not special (the food really could do with an upgrade) and runs for a good 2 hour slot 5:30 - 7:30pm
Nice rooms are all facing the water on the East side but maybe the landing planes will bother you (i like the view and was not bothered by noise)
Breakfast the usual made to order embassy suite breakfast plus buffet. Could be more efficient but it all depends on when you come. There are definitely rush hour times
Parking is free

Stayed April 2015
DrNic1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Our location is one of the most unique points about our hotel and we do our best to showcase this with open floor plans and natural lighting. The park as well as our waterfront path is a great place to enjoy a nice walk or jog for all of our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Let's see...where do we start? First they send me emails telling me I can "check in online" and I try from 3 different devices and their useless app just crashes and errors out ever time. Strike one. Next, I arrive at the airport and wait for the courtesy shuttle. I got to the stop at 12:05 AM and called the courtesy phone, and was told by Jennifer that the bus will come no later than 12:30. Well, after wasting 35 minutes there and seeing every other hotel shuttle known to man come and go, I finally paid the $25 for a taxi. I called Jennifer back and she said "yes, the next shuttle will be at 12:48". So, it was apparent she was clueless and just telling me anything to get me off the phone. Strike two. Then I get to the hotel and get shoved into a horrendous room with the tiniest double beds this side of a European Youth Hostel. Horrible smell too - like someone had smoked in the room. When I went back to the front desk to show them I had reserved a King Bed, she said "well, we are full". So that is MY problem? They overbook and somehow it's MY fault? Horrible service. So I go back to my tiny dwarf bed room that smells like an ashtray and fire up the Internet. Lo and behold, in addition to the $390/night I am paying, they stick it to you with another $15/night for Internet access. Honestly, what is THAT? And I am a Hilton Honors member... for whatever that is worth. Do yourself a favor and avoid this outdated, overpriced, customer-ambivalent sorry excuse of a hotel.

Boston_BC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are very sorry about your situation. We did have an overbooking of your room the night you checked in and did our best to compensate for the situation. This is never our intention and we truly apologize for this situation. We will be using your situation as a training tool to ensure our hotel gives the best experience for our guests. We hope you will give our hotel another opportunity in the future to show you a much different experience.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.