“Convenient to SFO” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Claremont, California
“Convenient to SFO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel worked well for our family trip to San Francisco. It is especially convenient if you are flying into SFO since there is a quick and free shuttle to that airport. If you are planning to see the San Francisco sights, expect it to take about 45-60 minutes to get there by airport shuttle, then BART train. It does make for a long day since you don't have easy access to your hotel when you might want to take a break from sightseeing mid-day, but if you plan your day around that fact, it can work. I much preferred this over driving into San Francisco. The hotel itself was very comfortable and has a lovely walking path around it. We were thrilled to be given free wi-fi by a very generous desk staffer (normally there's a per day fee). We enjoyed the complete breakfast (included) and the free evening snacks. My only complaints were that, although the room was a suite, there is only one bathroom in the main bedroom (and ours had a very noisy door on it) so you can't quite have complete privacy from one room to the other.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were provided overnight accommodation here by United Airlines after a flight glitch. The free shuttle bus from the airport seemed a bit less frequent than some but was ok. The location of the suites close to the water was good but did not necessarily guarantee a view the your room or public areas of the hotel.
At reception we found dinner was 'off' for the evening because the kitchens had no gas supply and no hot food could be prepared - instead we were directed to another nearby hotel (which needless to say would not accept the airline's meal 'vouchers').
Our room/suite was large, clean, well furnished but quite impersonal and like all the rooms was located around a large central atrium. The lounge window faced onto the internal balcony which provided access to all the rooms so everyone walking by had a good view into the suite if curtains weren't drawn....
Next morning the gas supply still seemed to be off so breakfast was a sad affair in the echoing, barn like central atrium - the food on offer was of average quality and as 09.00h approached staff were busy shutting up and removing what was available.
I don't know what the room cost but the and cannot comment on 'value' but I wouldn't rush back.

Room Tip: Ask for water view and if any do not have a plan that allows passers by to gaze in. Check that ther...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Close to SFO, beautiful views and nice walking trail along Bay. Certainly relaxing without any bumps to check-in or stay. Courteous staff. The pub had an excellent after hours menu, but the sports TV was a little loud for conversation.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your kind comments and hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A somewhat dated hotel. As expected desgn for an Embassy Suite Hotel--all rooms surround the center enclosed courtyard.
some notes--the furniture in the room is mismatched and cheap looking--for whatever that means in a hotel room
The window was nearly impossible to open due to the corrosion on the aluminum windows in the salty air of the bay
Good breakfast!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry we felt short on some areas. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our newly renoavted hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Cerritos, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel did not provide heating in the room while the outside temperature was under 50. Excuse was that parties were going on and we needed to wait until they ended before they could turn on our heat. Unacceptable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the issues with your room during your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel overall is great! Unfortunately we received a room over the ballrooms. There was a Holiday party going on and we could here the beats the DJ was playing. We called down to the front desk and were assured that the party ended at 11pm. I kWh they would have avoided putting guests in this situation.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be over the ballrooms and if there are any parties going on!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we sincerely apologize for the noise from the Holiday Party. We do hope you give us another opportunity.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's sad when a good hotel declines. Over the years, my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Burlingame more times than I can recall. Before, it was to overnight before we caught a flight the next morning. This trip, we booked a "premium suite" room for three nights, so we could shop and attend Christmas events in San Francisco.

The hotel has declined...a lot. We checked out after one night; which pretty much destroyed our weekend plans. The ultimate reason we checked out was that the bed was terrible...yes terrible. I called the manager at about 3:30AM because I couldn't sleep...he was unavailable, so I spoke to the front desk attendant. I told her (and the manager the next morning) that the bed was so broken down on one side that I had trouble staying on the bed. As I lay there, my body wanted to roll off onto the floor. Our room had two beds, my wife was in the other bed, and it was OK. The manager said the beds were all "new" from July 2014, I told him to get his money back.

I wish the bed situation was the only problem, but it wasn't. Here's a list of issues, in no particular order: 1. the Hilton website says the hotel has "2 restaurants" (they have none); they apparently count the open-lobby breakfast egg & with-it station as one, and the bar (which offers a very limited menu) as the second. 2. The "premium" suite I paid extra for claimed access to a "refreshment center". From my experience with other hotels, I thought this would be a room or two converted into a hospitality suite...but no...all they meant was a vending machine...yep, which came with a "code" for access. 3. The "evening Reception, featuring beer, wine, premium spirits and light snacks", was a real booze-a-rooney event...but the snacks consisted of a bowl of pretzels, a bowl of tortilla chips, and a bowl of salsa. 4. The vending machine code was not provided until I called and asked for it, and the Keurig K-cups were not provided until I called and asked for them. 5. There was one box of tissue in the room, and it had only 4-5 tissues...no back-up (but a new toilet roll was prominently displayed on the toilet back ...as though a work of art). 6. The room stunk...it smelled like thousands of sweaty bodies had been there before, and not cleaned up after. 7. The grout in the bathroom shower of this "newly renovated" room was largely old and yellow...probably last "renovated" 20 years ago (like the bed). 8. If you have been at this hotel before, you will remember the beautiful trees and foliage in the lobby, and the many Koi swimming in their interlocking ponds. The Embassy Suites has ripped out at least half of the foliage, all the large trees, and disposed of all but three Koi (a least that's all I could spot...and I looked for them).

On a positive note, the manager did write off the horrible bar meal we had. I didn't know there was no longer a restaurant until I'd had too much wine to drive somewhere else, so we were stuck. He also "waived" the check-out-early penalty fees, and "only" charged us for the one night we were actually there.
Also, the shower head had been updated, and had good water flow. This hotel has "good bones", and it's tragic that all I can brag about is the shower head.

Bottom line: don't stay here unless you plan to get so drunk on the "complimentary" booze that you don't care about anything else. I commented to my wife that this hotel stay reminded me of a "Motel 6" experience (sorry, Motel 6), and she replied, no...Motel 6 had "magic fingers" (which I never like anyway). I expect far more from a Hilton hotel chain; this hotel should be sold or truly renovated.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Don't pay for the "premium" room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our suites and property. We are disappointed as we have been receiving many positive reviews of our newly renovated poroperty including our new bedding package.
We will take all of your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and dop hope you provide us another chance.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.