You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Houston, Texas
“An Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A somewhat dated hotel. As expected desgn for an Embassy Suite Hotel--all rooms surround the center enclosed courtyard.
some notes--the furniture in the room is mismatched and cheap looking--for whatever that means in a hotel room
The window was nearly impossible to open due to the corrosion on the aluminum windows in the salty air of the bay
Good breakfast!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cerritos, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel did not provide heating in the room while the outside temperature was under 50. Excuse was that parties were going on and we needed to wait until they ended before they could turn on our heat. Unacceptable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the issues with your room during your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel overall is great! Unfortunately we received a room over the ballrooms. There was a Holiday party going on and we could here the beats the DJ was playing. We called down to the front desk and were assured that the party ended at 11pm. I kWh they would have avoided putting guests in this situation.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be over the ballrooms and if there are any parties going on!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we sincerely apologize for the noise from the Holiday Party. We do hope you give us another opportunity.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's sad when a good hotel declines. Over the years, my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Burlingame more times than I can recall. Before, it was to overnight before we caught a flight the next morning. This trip, we booked a "premium suite" room for three nights, so we could shop and attend Christmas events in San Francisco.

The hotel has declined...a lot. We checked out after one night; which pretty much destroyed our weekend plans. The ultimate reason we checked out was that the bed was terrible...yes terrible. I called the manager at about 3:30AM because I couldn't sleep...he was unavailable, so I spoke to the front desk attendant. I told her (and the manager the next morning) that the bed was so broken down on one side that I had trouble staying on the bed. As I lay there, my body wanted to roll off onto the floor. Our room had two beds, my wife was in the other bed, and it was OK. The manager said the beds were all "new" from July 2014, I told him to get his money back.

I wish the bed situation was the only problem, but it wasn't. Here's a list of issues, in no particular order: 1. the Hilton website says the hotel has "2 restaurants" (they have none); they apparently count the open-lobby breakfast egg & with-it station as one, and the bar (which offers a very limited menu) as the second. 2. The "premium" suite I paid extra for claimed access to a "refreshment center". From my experience with other hotels, I thought this would be a room or two converted into a hospitality suite...but no...all they meant was a vending machine...yep, which came with a "code" for access. 3. The "evening Reception, featuring beer, wine, premium spirits and light snacks", was a real booze-a-rooney event...but the snacks consisted of a bowl of pretzels, a bowl of tortilla chips, and a bowl of salsa. 4. The vending machine code was not provided until I called and asked for it, and the Keurig K-cups were not provided until I called and asked for them. 5. There was one box of tissue in the room, and it had only 4-5 tissues...no back-up (but a new toilet roll was prominently displayed on the toilet back ...as though a work of art). 6. The room stunk...it smelled like thousands of sweaty bodies had been there before, and not cleaned up after. 7. The grout in the bathroom shower of this "newly renovated" room was largely old and yellow...probably last "renovated" 20 years ago (like the bed). 8. If you have been at this hotel before, you will remember the beautiful trees and foliage in the lobby, and the many Koi swimming in their interlocking ponds. The Embassy Suites has ripped out at least half of the foliage, all the large trees, and disposed of all but three Koi (a least that's all I could spot...and I looked for them).

On a positive note, the manager did write off the horrible bar meal we had. I didn't know there was no longer a restaurant until I'd had too much wine to drive somewhere else, so we were stuck. He also "waived" the check-out-early penalty fees, and "only" charged us for the one night we were actually there.
Also, the shower head had been updated, and had good water flow. This hotel has "good bones", and it's tragic that all I can brag about is the shower head.

Bottom line: don't stay here unless you plan to get so drunk on the "complimentary" booze that you don't care about anything else. I commented to my wife that this hotel stay reminded me of a "Motel 6" experience (sorry, Motel 6), and she replied, no...Motel 6 had "magic fingers" (which I never like anyway). I expect far more from a Hilton hotel chain; this hotel should be sold or truly renovated.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Don't pay for the "premium" room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our suites and property. We are disappointed as we have been receiving many positive reviews of our newly renovated poroperty including our new bedding package.
We will take all of your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and dop hope you provide us another chance.
Bostonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've reviewed this place years ago, and have probably stayed here another 20 times or so, last one being December 2014.

The renovation looks good, the rooms look better, but there is something wrong room HVAC system. i had set it to 80, and it was still blowing cold air in the living room and hot air in the bedroom. This is not an isolated incident, i have experienced this in different rooms throughout my various stays.

Cell phone reception is terrible here, i have three cell phones (Verizon, Sprint, TMOBILE) and all three have choppy reception here.

One thing i didnt like about this hotel was the internet fee. Usually for Diamond VIP members, the internet is free, even if you purchase it they take it off your account because off your status. During this visit, that wasnt the case

Overall its a tradeoff between this and the DoubleTree across the street (at least for me). Here you have the Happy Hours and the bedroom suites, but at the doubletree you have beteer quality roods, although just a studio type, but better cell phone reception.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and positive comments on our renovation . We regret to hear about your challenges during your stay with us and we do extend our sincere apologies. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that may need improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best experience to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience.
We do provide complimentary internet for both Gold and Diamond members and do hope to see you back again soon.
Burlinggame CA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No complimentry internet connection and the cellular reception in the rooms is terrible. My hotspot would not stay connected. The fitness center was flooded, but that was due to heavy rain pouring in through the glass cieling panels. Finally they charged $22 to park in an open lot. Why not just have us put a guest pass in the window and tow those parking for the airport?

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay - we appreciate your honest feedback. Your review provides details that our hotel team needs to re-evaluate guest needs and meet guest expectations. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences, and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked in here on December 3. The First Lady staff who took care of me was very nice. The hotel is nice. You can see San Francisco Bay from your balcony. It's not far from the airport and there are free shuttle buses pick you up and drop off. It's a little but far from downtown. It's not recommended if you have to spend a lot of time in downtown but you can take BART. It takes around 30 minutes to go from SFO to Powell station.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
#8 Romantic Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.