You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Colts Neck
“Bad experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is the worst Embassy Suites I have ever encountered. When I entered my room, Rm 414, the temperature was 15 degrees C (60 deg F) (November 17, 2014). I turned up the thermostat but the air from the vents was cold. I called the front desk. The person to whom I spoke told me that the heat has not yet been turned on. She sent up a service guy. The guy was wearing a winter coat. He apologized and explained that he was not allowed to turn on the heat. There are no individual room controls. Either the whole hotel is on heat or none. I asked him to have the manager call me. Nobody called. I went to the front desk. They explained, once again, that either the whole hotel had to be on heat or none. They promised that the heat would probably be turned on by 8 PM. It wasn't. Later, I checked the Weather Channel. It showed the outside temperature to be 48 degrees F.

To add insult to injury, the bathroom sink drain was clogged, and the Internet didn't work.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the heating and cooling system which added to your disappointment of your stay. You can be rest assured we will review your concerns and take appropriate action. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Corydon, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently conducted a 3-day conference here. While the atrium is drop-dead gorgeous, as is the view of the SF Bay, the housekeeping staff snooped inside some of our luggage. We know this because we purposefully set our zippers just so, every time we stay at a hotel so we can tell if they've been tampered with. During this stay, someone snooped inside my wife's makeup case. The zippered closing was in a different orientation upon returning to our room. One of our conference attendees noted that items were stolen from her room. We suspect someone was looking for prescription drugs in my wife's makeup case. She isn't on any, so nothing was missing. But it had clearly been tampered with. We kept the Do Not Disturb sign up for the rest of our stay.

Also, in today's hospitality industry, it's outrageous to charge for wifi. Most places at least have free wifi in their lobby. Not this hotel. If you need to connect anywhere in the hotel it will cost you $13.99 PER DAY! That's horrendous, and resulted in a lot of negative comments on our attendees' evaluations.

Our guests loved the free full breakfast every guest gets, including the omelets. However, if you are sensitive to wheat, DO NOT GET AN OMELET! The spray they use must contain some component of wheat. My wife is gluten sensitive and experienced the identical symptoms she gets when exposed to wheat on both days after having an omelet. We're very cognizant of every ingredient we consume, and the spray is the only unknown in our consumption on both days.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the bay. Awesome! Most have standing-only balconies.
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the abnormal situation you encountered during your stay here and rest assured we are researching and will address this accordingly with our staff. Please reach out to us if there is anything else we may help with. Thank you again for your review.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I caught the hotel van from the San Francisco airport back to what I thought was the Embassy Suites Waterfront after turning in my rental car. I was unaware there were TWO Embassy Suites at the San Fran airport. The other Embassy Suites called me a cab, a $35 ride back to my hotel. I was less than happy about that. I mentioned it in passing to the front desk person who asked if I had a receipt. I produced it and, without any further questions, she paid for my cab ride. The next morning, I left my tea on the front desk in order to load my bags on the van to the airport. When I didn't immediately retrieve my cup, the front desk person brought to me on the van. Both moves were class acts.

The hotel is a typical Embassy Suites, large rooms and a great breakfast. But what sets it apart was taking care of a customer who caught the wrong bus.

Room Tip: As for bay view.
Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments on our employees. We empower every employee to go above and beyond to satisfy our guests and we are glad you were able to have such a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

have actually stayed twice at this property, both times on vacation. The rooms have been clean and quiet. On evenings when weddings are occurring armbands are given to guests for the pool to keep wedding revelers from dumping their kids in the pool area all night. A guard was on hand to watch the door so it worked out well. Took the bus to the airport each day and rode the train in to San Fran. Did use the trolley van to go to Burlingame. Great evening managers reception with great views of the airport and planes landing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your many kind comments on our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we be sure to pass these along to our team members as well.
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here two nights while attending an event. Overall, I liked the hotel but it did have its share of ups and downs. The first room we received had not been cleaned (unmade bed, etc), which was a first for me. We were given a new room, but no real apology or offer to help with our bags, which we had to haul across the hotel twice... The rooms are attractive and we liked having two rooms with two TVs so the kids could have their own space. That was a plus. However, the double beds are small for two adults. I'll try to avoid hotels with doubles instead of queens in the future. The atrium was lovely and I thought the breakfast was quite good. However, my husband is not an omelet fan and he wished there was a way to skip to the other items without waiting in the long line. We also felt the breakfast needed more signs about what the options were. One of two elevators outside our room was not working, which meant longer waits. The hotel has an indoor pool, which is nice, but there was a security guard harassing kids about jumping into the pool, which was annoying. He threatened to kick out several kids who jumped (not diving) into the pool. The signs just say no diving. The location along a bayfront walking path was nice and downtown San Mateo is cute and very close, so those were perks.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words on the ups and the feedback on the downs. We sincerely apologize where we fell short and that your stay was not all ups which we strive for. Your feedback points us toward areas that we can improve upon to make sure we're providing the most exceptional guest experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff was excellent and they are working on the hotel but right now it is a work in progress. Only one elevator by the front was working, the rooms have some wear and the paper products are terrible. The stay included a wonderful breakfast that would of easily been a $20 hotel breakfast and they had a very nice free happy hour.
The lobby area is very nice and I hope this makes it to the rooms because it really is a nice place. Ask for a room away from the ice machine and elevators.

Stayed November 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments and need areas. We will be addressing your comments with the appropriate teams to make sure we are refreshing our property and providing the best experience to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at Embassy Suites SF Airport Waterfront on arrival for our USA visit and again prior to departure. We had a stressfree experience at the hotel including the shuttle service. We have no complaints at all and will stay again on future visits. Thanks to all for helping us enjoy our USA visit.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#5 Romantic Hotel in Burlingame
#6 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.