“Close to the airport/offers shuttle Nice Views” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
San Francisco from $199
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Burlingame
Pacific Grove, California
“Close to the airport/offers shuttle Nice Views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We got a very nice Bayview room, which had amazing views very beautiful. We stayed here because we had to take my cousin to the airport at 4am, so wanted to be able to come back and crash.

Honestly I would have rated this property as amazing if we didn't have such a problem getting a crib. I requested a crib on my reservation and called at 10pm when driving to the hotel to ask again about a crib for our room and I was assured there were plenty. We finally arrived at the hotel at a little bit for 11pm and they were overbooked on doubles, the agent comped a second king room...which was very nice and an amazing offer, very appreciative. The agent assures us a crib is on the way to our room

We get to our rooms and at 11:30pm the crib has not shown up, obviously at this hour we are tired and have a cranky baby ready to go to bed. At 11:45pm we call again for a crib and again are assured the crib is on it's way. 12:15am is when the crib showed up, which I understand they were busy, but honestly I called before we arrived and noted it on our reservation and expected that the crib would have been able to be in the room before we even arrived, I didn't expect that I would be waiting an hour and 15 minutes for a crib. Left at 3:45am to take cousin to airport and got back at 6AM to get some more sleep. We asked for a late check-out of 1pm and I was told that due to being sold out there was no late check-outs, so being sleep deprived that added to my dissatisfaction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There is a big renovation in the hotel. will be beautifull if it is ready. Big rooms and very nice breakfast. The restaurant has a lot of options to eat. loved de manager's receptions. big parking and very nice staff at check in. I will return again to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We appear to be staying here during the tail-end of the renovation everybody seems to be talking about. The only portions of the hotel that are really out of commission is 1 of the 5 elevators and the locks leading to the pool area and workout facility. Look like they did a good job!

The workout room in nice with some very new Precor treadmills and ellipticals (with private TV screens), a universal, some medicine balls, adjustable benches and an entire rack of dumbbells. Hopefully locks are working now as yesterday, guests were having to let each other in.

The pool is a little small, but warm and nice. Was a bit crowded on Thursday night with lots of families splashing and screaming. They have a shower area, and full size towels for swimmers, although last night they ran out and some people had to drip their way back to their room.

The staff has been exceptional, but only the front desk staff. At breakfast, the people working the omelet counter were a tad cranky and rude, at least to my party. The busser was really nice and quick after we accidentally spilled some juice. The gift shop employee was probably the worst I've seen. I was looking for some toiletries and she was on the phone the entire time, speaking (I think) Chinese. I just walked out after waiting a couple of minutes and the front desk helped me find a Walgreens about 3 minutes away.

The room is great! New and clean. Water pressure is awesome in the shower as well. WiFi isn't free unless you are an AT&T customer (Internet or UVerse or something of that nature). Otherwise it's 13.95 per day.

Overall it is a great hotel and the waterfront is awesome! We MAY stay here again, but it's certainly not perfect.

Room Tip: If you can face the bay, the rooms are incredible. It never hurts to ask when checking in!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
waarce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just finished a two day stay at this hotel. It was really nice and the prices were great. The free breakfast and free drink happy hour were great. The staff was attentive and the view from my suite was spectacular. I was able to take a shot from the balcony of a plane landing. You can see planes land, so if you are a plane spotter this place is for you. The hotel appears to be have been updated recently. The carpet and everything else smelled new. I would highly recommend this hotel. Whereas is not in San Francisco, is close enough. I wouldn't stay near downtown too crowded and really pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
PS- Renovations are 99% completed!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stay at the Embassy Suites when we come out to visit my daughter and her family at least twice a year. It's close to the airport and to my daughter so that works perfect. We have come to know the staff and they are great. They work hard to make your stay a pleasant one. They are going through a major renovation so there have been some challenges. The work is moving along nicely and the changes are very good ones.
We love the breakfasts and our grand children love the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest
Note- The renovation is it its last phase and should be completed in the next week to ten days!
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Soon as I saw this hotel I loved it, recommend it , the breakfast is good and the pancakes are yummy , if I'm that way again I sure love to stay, rooms are very nice and comfortable, had a lovely view of the bay

Room Tip: High flloor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first time to this Embassy Suites property and it came during a large rennovation effort. I was lucky enough to be given one of their remodeled rooms...but it was not perfect.

Positives:
Awesome location on the SF harbor. Very close to airport. Nice looking exterior. The newly rennovated pool area looks nice. The happy hour in the evening is always appreciated. The staff was friendly and fast. The complimentary shuttle to the airport was quick and comfortable.

Negatives:
My newly rennovated room had problems: the patio door didn't seal well and the wind howled through it all night long, the interior door didn't seal well and the wind from open exterior doors howled through it all night long, the toilet continued to run water as if it wasn't put together correctly, and I had a grand total of one tiny trash can in the whole place.

General personal preferences:
The new design/color scheme isn't my favorite but I'm not an interior designer. I expected the lights and light fixtures would be updated, but they were still the old, yellow bulbs. I would suggest that the hot breakfast open a little earlier than 6am due to the proximity to the airport. Lots of early flights from California back east and a hot breakfast at the hotel would help a lot. I normally like high floors away from the elevator...but I was put in a low floor directly in the elevator landing. Probably more of a nit than anything, but it was irritating.

I gave a summary of this review to the hotel clerk when I checked out and she pledged to correct the items.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for providing your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve our property and are in the process of the final touches of our multi-million dollar renovation. The comfort of our guests is a top priority and we are sorry yours was compromised. We hope you will visit us again once our renovations are complete and experience the stay you've come to expect from us. Thank you!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
#8 Romantic Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.