“Ask for a Bay View room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$139 (USD)
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Bainbridge Island, United States
“Ask for a Bay View room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I loved watching the planes land from my window on the bay view side of the hotel. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They made the stay very pleasant and I felt cared about. The lounge was under renovation, but the restaurant and surrounding area made up for the work being done. There was work on a floor lower than mine, but I never heard any noise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Overall, the stay was good. The hotel is undergoing renovations, which meant noise during the day. Part of the atrium and at least one floor were blocked off, so appearance wasn't as good as it could be. Our room was waterfront, we used the available shuttles, the restaurant food was good. Once the renovations are done, it will be a really nice place to stay.

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to hosting you in one of our renovated rooms on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I feel like airport hotels are already at a disadvantage. It's hard to get too excited. The positives: quiet room, spacious clean room, nice free happy hour, frequent shuttle to/from airport, and friendly staff.

Negatives: oddly slow check-in as they struggled to keep up with those checking out and those arriving but to be fair I never saw that long if a line again for the next 5 days. Boring bland breakfast, all 5 days. There is very little nearby for food. I ate at the same diner 3 times. So if you don't have a vehicle, good luck.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments and need areas. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites once about +10 years ago and have stayed at the So. San Francisco Embassy a couple times and figured this was the best of the two, in terms of quality and service but unfortunately, things certainly have changed.

The front desk agent was, "friendly" but not that genuine, especially when there's a crowd of people right behind me trying to check in. I'm not one to chat it up but a little hospitality goes a long way. The agent profusely apologized that they are sold out and that they have to put me in a smoking room. I was taken back for a split second, a hotel in California, much less, the Bay Area that allows smoking in rooms? (More on this later.) I figured, no big deal, I've stayed in smoking rooms in Reno/Vegas, and was only going to stay for one night and just needed a bed to sleep on...which it were as easy as that.

Got to my room and as soon as I entered, a hot plume of stale cigarette smoke hit me in the face. The room was hot and was easily the worst smoking room I've stayed in, hands down. The hotel knew what they were doing because there was an air cleaner machine on full blast sitting on top of the wet bar...which did not help at all. The smell was so bad that the towels in the bathroom smelled like smoke, as did the bed linens, so gross. It didn't help that the AC wasn't working, well it did, but it was blowing warm air. Thankfully the sliding door opened to let the cool bay breeze in, and I left it open all night. Yes, the smell bugged the hell out of me but I knew the hotel couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything about it as they were sold out and I just wanted to sleep. I really hope that this room/floor gets renovated because it needs to be gutted and all the old school furniture needs to go. Wifi which I was provided an access code for was super slow, I ended up using my Mifi. Also, they charge for parking, in a huge lot without gates, sounds like price gouging to me. If it was at least valet parking, I wouldn't mind the charge.

A new day, a new morning, might as well start it off with an Embassy breakfast...after showering and drying off with smokey smelling towels, I head downstairs. The breakfast was pretty standard as well as it's offerings. It looks like they had a secondary buffet line which I thought was nice, until slowly but surely the school group started coming down in their PJ's, for breakfast...well at least the hotel was prepared for the rush. The breakfast staff were quite friendly.

I love my Hilton branded hotels but this hotel really needs help. Unless they renovate the entire hotel and make it 100% non-smoking, I won't be staying here anytime soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not what you expected from us. Please note that within the next few months both of your concerns will be 100% addressed. We are currently half way through our room renovation with all new furnishings, carpet, etc. In addition we will be eliminating our 4 remaining smoking rooms and will become a 100% non-smoking hotel in May. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you!
San Bruno, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I really like the Embassy suites. However, my last stay here was very disappointing. I don't want to be fed goldfish as an evening reception. I would rather be offered $2-$4 appetizers. I appreciate that they are one of the only hotels that offer full breakfast and have every room as a suite. I think they should check out the Drury Inns in the mid west so they can make sure they are keeping up with the customer service!

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your comments. We will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate teams to make sure we exceed your expectations during future visits. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.
Belton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Pros - beautiful view out back of the bay and incoming aircraft over the water, convenient location near airport, quick & tasty breakfast, always appreciated happy hour, nice enough facility overall, friendly & helpful service from staff.

Cons - slight amount of mold in the cracks in the bathroom around tub & shower (room 438), water didn't look altogether clean (probably a city issue, a filter or better filter would be good ), water took a long time to warm up one morning for a shower. One of my pillows was very lumpy and uncomfortable.

Overall good, but not perfect experience for an Embassy Suites. Would stay there again, and find Embassy Suites to be a good value for the most part.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments as well as need areas. At this very moment we are in the process of a total room renovation with more than 50% of our rooms already completed including new bathrooms! On your next visit, you will notice many positive differences and all items resolved to your complete satisfaction. Thanks for your patience as we continue to enhance our beautiful waterfront hotel.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our stay was wonderful. My daughters and I loved this Hotel. It was clean and very accommodating. Spacious rooms, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. Would recommend to friends and family. Wish the night reception had better food choices but it worked. Best hotel we have stayed in so far for our budget. That's all folks.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Our Pleasure

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#5 Romantic Hotel in Burlingame
#6 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.