“Great place to stay for a quick trip into San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay for a quick trip into San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had a meeting near San Francisco so booked the Embassy Suites so I have a place close to the airport. The views from the rooms of the planes taking off and landing were fun to watch.

Overall the hotel is clean and comfortable which is what I look for when traveling on business. Good location for a quick in and out at SFO as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel, as well as sharing your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to the San Francisco area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lincoln, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel is very old & tired looking and is in desperate need of updating. However it is kept very clean and the rooms are good sized. And the staff is very welcoming. We stayed 2 nights and both nights the room was unbearably hot. We could not change the temperature and the note by the thermostat explained the hotel regulated the heat & air based on the outside temperature. Luckily we could open our sliding door for cool air, but the noise from the freeway made it difficult to sleep. I did notice that work was being done on this hotel so hopefully it will be nicer soon. Until then I would probably stay at the Doubletree or Hilton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel and our excellent staff. You are correct we have finished phase 2 of the renovation in 2013 and are in the process of updating our rooms. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve the experience and accommodations for our guests but apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I fly out of SFO often, and have stayed at about 18 SFO area hotels, including six in Burlingame (the others being the Doubletree, where I've stayed seven times, the Hilton (3X), the Hilton Garden Inn, the Hampton Inn, and the Crowne Plaza). I will disagree with much of the current TA rankings for Burlingame (do agree with the CP being near the bottom, but the HI should not be near the top: I would rank Hilton, Doubltree, Embassy, HGI, HI, CP). When it comes to views, I have to say that this hotel beats all of the others hands-down, as well as that of any other SFO area hotel where I've stayed, including Millbrae, South SF, Brisbane, etc. The views are stunning, especially if you get upgraded to a north-facing room due to HHonors Gold status (like me).
As with all Embassy Suites, of course, the rooms are very spacious with a completely separate living room area. This is especially handy, I suppose, if you're traveling with a family. The open atrium architecture and grounds are also inviting.
Despite the views and room size, however, I will probably still prefer to go back to the recently-renovated Doubletree (although this place is being updated, too), for the following reasons:
(1) Breakfast stops at 9 AM on week-days here, and, by their own admission (see the sign they post), it gets very busy in the last hour. Their sign warns of a one-hour wait (though I didn't have to wait that long). At the Doubletree, I've never had to do anything more than sit down and eat--and they have servers. An obvious fix to this hotel's breakfast problem would be to extend the hours later, since the last hour is the most popular--I don't understand why the management doesn't see this simple solution.
(2) I usually do the Park-Sleep-Fly, and I don't like the fact that at this hotel you have to leave a sign on your rear-view mirror or dashboard saying "Hey, burglar--I'm out of town and won't be back until MM/DD/YY!". Well, that's not exactly what it says, but that is the effect, and no other area hotel (including the neighboring Hilton or Doubletree or HGI) asks you to do that. My car was OK, but I was uncomfortable with this system.
(3) I like the full-service restaurants at the Hilton and Doubletree better than the partial restaurant service here.
(4) While all the hotel shuttles run every 20 minutes, this hotel's shuttle has three other stops, whereas the Doubletree's has only one other stop. On the way TO the airport, it's a straight shot, but when you're getting back to your car, there are three stops before you get here.
(5) The lobby electric doors are set too sensitively, are only a single barrier to the outside, and always seem to be open, so the lobby is always pretty frigid in cool weather (which is most of the time on the SF Bay). The Doubletree has two sets of doors, so the lobby is more comfortable.
These are all fairly minor points, and I don't want to make it sound as if I don't like this place, because I do. But I think I'm going to keep my preference for the Doubletree or Hilton most of the time. Also, if you're not HHonors Gold or Platinum, you will have to pay for breakfast at the Doubletree (or Hilton or HGI) but not here, so that may be an important factor to consider.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a mini-peninsula set into the Bay, so the rooms facing north have outstanding views...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest experience. You are correct we do have the best views around. In addition, we will be totally renovating our restaurant and bar in the next couple of months. We are also in the process of reviewing your other suggestions to make sure we provide the best overall experience when traveling to the San Francisco area.
Peoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great service at all levels. Great location on the bay with a great trail to run along the water. Welcome letter with waters in my room upon check-in. Itemized bill upon check out. Nice cooked to order breakfast included in the stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

台北, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would like to recommend this hotel for any reuion of your friends or relates. Their service is first class in every aspects. First, I felt impressive about their courtesy when storaging my extra luggages few days before I live in. After check-in, I found that every staff helped all the way with smiles on their face. And their central yard is perfect area for you to sit and talk all day long. Besidse a complimentary breakfirst, especially, they offer a compimetary sun-set drink. Their shuttle is very convinient for coming every 20 minute. We not only use it to bacfk/forward Airport. When friends were not there, we but also took the shutte to connect BART , and did a SFO sightseeing bu ourselves. Anyway, this is a cool hotel to live in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ManagementHotel, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Address: 150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Location: United States > California > Burlingame
#8 Business Hotel in Burlingame
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront 3.5*
Located directly on the waterfront along a breathtaking walking / jogging trail, the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport- Waterfront hotel in Burlingame, CA is located just minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown San Francisco. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Burlingame
Burlingame Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.